Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    Y'know what was a good blend of "realism" and "superhero"? Cap's WWII outfit as seen in the Reborn miniseries. He still managed to look rather superheroic despite the military elements added to his outfit (combat helmet with painted-on wings and stenciled "A", "combat-ready" version of his buccaneer boots, etc.)
    I liked that one too although Hitch kind of lazily applied Ultimate design choices into characters like Cap and Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    If you want to forget that you are reading about people running around in silly costumes then perhaps comic books are not for you?
    I am not creator,writer,editor,artist,ect.... so i don't changing things so if you have problem with comics adjusting to era that is you guys fault and maybe comics are not for you

Superhero began looking like this

capes and underwear outside

Then superheroes look more like this less underwear outside, very few capes

Then was the 90's extreme era with that was all over the place( don't have space to put pics)

Now we are in the leather more realistic style kevalar based era

More examples of the current modern style
    America got powers
    http://static3.aintitcool.com/assets...otpowers33.jpg

red she hulk
    http://www.parkerspace.com/wp-conten...012/10/red.png
    http://www.comicboards.com/hulk/files/Shulk59.jpg

Look in red she hulk 58 for some more and ultimates design like giant men,hawkeye,black widow are another examples.In case you have not been paying attention every other superhero around these characters have taking more realistic leather look leaving Captain America and some other heroes with more classic design looking like relics. Captain America has classic good design and the change made in this costume took it too far,It has to many lines and stuff but a change did need to happen to bring it more line with other heroes of today.Look at the new costume take away lines in pants and knee pads,take away the 2 lines under his arms and they uniform looks pretty good.The truth is in the middle and between his old suit and new suit their is a design that would look great.

BANNED

it's not a great costume at all imo. he looked puny and weak in that getup for the consequences series.

Well, even if you upgrade costume, it's still based on the original design. If original design is cheesy, the re-design will be always cheesier.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

BANNED

he had bigger muscles in his other uniform, what's with all the protection? is he losing his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    he had bigger muscles in his other uniform, what's with all the protection? is he losing his powers?
    Because movies.

Confused by custom titles

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    There's a difference between cover art and interior art. With interior art the artist generally has to work more quickly and thus gets less detail in than he otherwise might. He did give cover-quality effort in one title, Planetary, but if you were one of us that bought the issues instead of trade-waiting you know how long that quality took. No offense to Remender, but X-Vengers is unlikely to be anywhere near as good as Planetary so I'll take watered-down Cassady to keep it moving else I for one will just spend my money elsewhere (not worth the wait). Sadly my guess is even the "rushed" Cassady is likely going to have to take a break at some point and we'll be stuck with fill-in artists.
    Cassaday's art really suffers when he has to rush -- even his Astonishing X-Men run was pretty uneven. Look at the difference in quality between the first 3 issues and say, issue 17 of his run there. He's an artist who needs time to get his best work done, otherwise some of his figure work starts to look odd. It's the same way with other artists -- Brian Hitch's art, for example, looks almost grotesque when rushed.

The only artist whom I can say has a pretty consistent style is Olivier Coipel (that is, Coipel from his Thor days onwards; his Legion Lost stuff was good but very different from his later work that made him famous) -- his issues of AvX were far and away the best-looking of the lot.

Confused by custom titles

The comic costume is definitely influenced by the live action one from Avengers. That said, it would not have hurt Marvel to have left it alone, though I do wish artists would stop drawing the classic Cap costume with "shorts" lines. The bottom part of his costume is monochrome anyway (boots excepted) so it never made sense to me why they couldn't just draw it as one piece... Really, it would not hurt for all superhero comics to just drop the briefs-outside-trousers look.
    Last edited by jpbl1976; 11-12-2012 at 05:03 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    what's with all the protection?
    We can't have kids imitating Cap without kneepads and helmet. Won't someone think about the kids?!?!?!
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier