Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Because they are going to kill the token black guy who's there.
    Sorry, but I cannot fathom the logic at work here.

So let´not put black characters in our movies because they´re gonna be killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    How come when someone adds a non-white character to a cast, there is always someone that demands for a justification, a "why" is he there?
    you can ask that question all day and you won't get a straight answer

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I'm calling no Tyresse until S4, and Daryl Dixon is the Tyresse of the Prison Arc. Which means, well, uh, y'know... seriously, it'd blow the minds of feeble Walking Dead TV-only viewers if they did it.

How come when someone adds a non-white character to a cast, there is always someone that demands for a justification, a "why" is he there?
    Because people are racist. That's the sad truth of the matter. For some reason, people feel that a POC character has to be justified.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

T-Dog is the Frank Lapidus of the Walking Dead show. Dude just keeps to the side and will be the last man standing in the end just like Lapidus was on Lost. You think he is done and then bam he is fine and realxing by the fire yet again.

THis show is getting way heavy into been there done that mode for me.

nooo. i am also questing the existence of daryl.
    but till abraham in issue 53 there is no other character comparable to daryl.
    standard comic team books have a certain setup> bruiser tank energy projector
    so a vaild idea to me is, that kirkman would have liked some kind of characters on the show, that he only later thought of during the comic book run.
    if that is the case and tbone is a tyrese fill in like daryl might be a abraham fill in, i wonder why he was kept so underdevelopt.

cause t-bone hasn t had much charcterization yet, it is valid imho to ask what his role on the "team" is and if he might be a stand in for popular tyrese, which was only added after 3 years of publishing.
    i question the creativ freedom of the producers (cause they haven´t proved otherwise so far), and u start questing my intentions. to me that is shutting down criticism.
    i want more strong characters such as tyrese, but i am afraid, t-bone is an "urban market" stand-in, which i´d find sad.

to me it is on a level like hershel taking dale´s place. i don t know if the dale actor quitted due to another job opportunity, but with leg cutting, hershel might as well stay as dale replacement.
    and i wonder if tbone is that to tyrese. and i wonder about the descision that led to that, if it be the case
    Last edited by sherlockbones; 10-17-2012 at 11:46 PM.

BANNED

first of all his name is T-Dog, not T-Bone.

second, Tyrese showed up in like issue 7 or 8, not after 3 years of publishing, unless the book ran really late in that first year.

third, they've said T-Dog isn't Tyrese.

why's he in the show? I don't know. maybe they figured Atlanta has a large black population and a bunch of white people surviving together was a bit racist? maybe he is nothing more than an ethnic person for the sake of diversity. but who cares why he's there? he's there. deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockbones View Post
    nooo. i am also questing the existence of daryl.
    but till abraham in issue 53 there is no other character comparable to daryl.
    standard comic team books have a certain setup> bruiser tank energy projector
    so a vaild idea to me is, that kirkman would have liked some kind of characters on the show, that he only later thought of during the comic book run.
    if that is the case and tbone is a tyrese fill in like daryl might be a abraham fill in, i wonder why he was kept so underdevelopt.

cause t-bone hasn t had much charcterization yet, it is valid imho to ask what his role on the "team" is and if he might be a stand in for popular tyrese, which was only added after 3 years of publishing.
    i question the creativ freedom of the producers (cause they haven´t proved otherwise so far), and u start questing my intentions. to me that is shutting down criticism.
    i want more strong characters such as tyrese, but i am afraid, t-bone is an "urban market" stand-in, which i´d find sad.

to me it is on a level like hershel taking dale´s place. i don t know if the dale actor quitted due to another job opportunity, but with leg cutting, hershel might as well stay as dale replacement.
    and i wonder if tbone is that to tyrese. and i wonder about the descision that led to that, if it be the case
    the actions and role by Daryll is closer to Tyrese. i hope it stops at Carol

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

It's less "why did they add a black guy" and more "why did they sub a generic, throwaway character like T-Dog for a strong, well-rounded, POPULAR character like Tyrese".
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

BANNED

also, how is that guy the anti red shirt?

I hope he's the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    first of all his name is T-Dog, not T-Bone.

second, Tyrese showed up in like issue 7 or 8, not after 3 years of publishing, unless the book ran really late in that first year.

third, they've said T-Dog isn't Tyrese.

why's he in the show? I don't know. maybe they figured Atlanta has a large black population and a bunch of white people surviving together was a bit racist? maybe he is nothing more than an ethnic person for the sake of diversity. but who cares why he's there? he's there. deal with it.
    Well we are a couple years in now and I think it's pretty clear that the network has a YES to violence and gore NO to Kirkmans experiments with social norms.

-No Dale/Andrea romance
    -No Teenage Suicide Death Pact
    -No Donna attacking a patriarchal system....and then dying.
    -No 2nd wives offer from Carol
    -No Tyreese and Michonne getting together because they are black

And Lori is punished for cheating not forgiven.

I'm just now realizing just how sanitized the Governor is going to be.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Well we are a couple years in now and I think it's pretty clear that the network has a YES to violence and gore NO to Kirkmans experiments with social norms.

-No Dale/Andrea romance
    -No Teenage Suicide Death Pact
    -No Donna attacking a patriarchal system....and then dying.
    -No 2nd wives offer from Carol
    -No Tyreese and Michonne getting together because they are black

And Lori is punished for cheating not forgiven.

I'm just now realizing just how sanitized the Governor is going to be.
    I'm sorry but where does this message board notion of black people dating or hooking up as being forced or racist come from. This is far from the only time I've heard it and I really don't understand. If its interracial its okay. If it's a white couple its okay. But when its a black couple its forced? Not following the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I wonder if they are going to actually kill Hershell or if chopping the bitten leg would actually work. Because if Hershell dies, they are more than fked.
    I was wondering why they'd risk their only doctor on a massive zombie sweep...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...