Page 43 of 129 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    BANNED

only on a comic book forum.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Yeah, but this is the Walking Dead, not Marvel Zombies. The rules are a bit different. The Governors scientist commented that when Michonne removed the lower jaws of the biters they lost all interest in eating and became docile. When the governor asked if they would starve to death, he said yes, just very slowly. So apparently whatever caused the walking is keeping them alive. They still have functioning digestive systems, and still need to eat. The less the eat the faster they decay would be a reasonable assumption, though not yet proven.

And since they do have a slowly functioning digestive system, one can only assume that just like an animal, they poop whenever they are full, only with not so much brain power, they probably just do it as they walk.

Yeah, I know... nice topic to discuss on the biggest eating holiday of the year. Happy Thankgiving. Enjoy your meal now... if you can.
    I don't really buy that. First of all, I'm not taking the Governor's pet quack's word for anything. And they're not alive so they can't actually stare to death. Also, we've seen mobile, active, functioning walkers mobile with giant holes in their guts and the lower half of their bodies missing entirely, which would indicate that digestion is not really a necessary part of the equation that keeps them functioning. It seems pretty clear that whatever they're getting out of eating people, it's not nutrition as we interpret it.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-22-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, there's no question that she's dead. Maggie gutted her like a steer and left her lifeless body splayed out on the floor with her guts hanging out. So unless there's some kind of phantom of the opera trauma surgeon with mystical resurrection powers hiding in the bowels of the prison, then she's not coming back as a living person.
    Heh. The people saying she's alive have to be joking...right?
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    Well yeah, if we're going to go by how it should have gone, but the lack of Lori body is clearly so Rick doesn't find the body and get any kind of closure, say goodbye etc.
    So you are suggesting the body disappears for no explainable reason just to torture Rick and drive him mad? And other people complain about lazy storytelling. You can't break your own rules without some reason for it.

And someone else in this discussion has suggested that there wouldn't be enough blood loss from the c-section to cause a person to bleed out. So if that is the case, it is possible that someone still alive inside the prison was watching and took her away to try to save her. It is possible, and perhaps more likely than her being eaten completely by a walker.

Well, there's no question that she's dead. Maggie gutted her like a steer and left her lifeless body splayed out on the floor with her guts hanging out. So unless there's some kind of phantom of the opera trauma surgeon with mystical resurrection powers hiding in the bowels of the prison, then she's not coming back as a living person. As for her coming back as a walker . . . there really isn't much of a story angle there. At most it'd be good for a couple seconds of shock value and maybe half an episode's worth of pathos as Rick and/or Carl deal with the reawakened grief and struggle to work up the nerve to put her down. But given the number of times we've already seen those angles explored with other characters (including again in the latest episode as Darryl tries to work up the nerve to do Carol only to discover that she's alive) is there really any story value in going to that well yet again?
    First, it was a c section she wasn't gutting her. Second, if Carl shot her where is her body? Even if the walkers got to her we would still see her bones just like we saw T-bones' bones.
    And I think your being more graphic then what was actually shown. I do recall Maggie talking to Carl about doing something so that Lori doesn't get infected. She had mentioned that right after she removed the baby. Lastly, if Carol did shoot his mother that's a big characterization on his part and that pretty much takes away anymore growth from him to do this season. And shooting his mother kinda goes against his mother's last wishes.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 11-22-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

That raises an interesting (and esp. apropos on Thanksgiving) question: Since, presumably, zombies no longer have functioning digestive systems that allows them to excrete waste, what happens to all the meat they consume? Do they just explode at some point?
    His stomach could have exploded leaving the food to actually mix into what is left of his intestines. Which would give the appearance of the bigger stomach. I doubt that a decaying human stomach could exceed that far out while still staying intact.

Let's say his stomach didn't explode due to the fact that he ate so much, it would forcefully be pushed through the digestive system within time. Undigested chunks of flesh and meat would then be pushed through his anal hole. I believe that there expanded belly could be used a flotation deceive. lol
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 11-22-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Heh. The people saying she's alive have to be joking...right?
    No. But the people who can deny that there is a possibility, no matter how small, that Lori is still alive must be delusional.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 11-22-2012 at 12:43 PM.

More interest in the character since she died than there was the entire time she was a live.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    More interest in the character since she died than there was the entire time she was a live.
    Only by two people on here. You saying she didn't have at least one fan before...?
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

lol, wow. Lori is dead and gone.

BANNED

I keep looking in on this thread and being really sorry I did, then asking myself why I don't learn from my mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Only by two people on here. You saying she didn't have at least one fan before...?
    Lori is a good character who has yet do anything wrong. People are still upset with Shane's death and are looking to point a finger.
    Any faults put her way are the direct actions of the writers who did not know what they were doing when they started writing the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    No. But the people who can deny that there is a possibility, no matter how small, that Lori is still alive must be delusional.
    Well, technically there's a small chance the Loch Ness monster is real, since you can't prove a negative. The odds, however...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Count me as believing the producer who on Talking Dead said Lori was dead right after the episode aired.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

And if that is the case, I really have to wonder why they bothered showing us that her body was gone. Why show a missing body if not to suggest that something is up. Either she is A) still alive or B) not shot in the head and turned walker. Because if she was shot in the head and dead, the body or at least part of it would still have been there.

That is a standard tv and movie trope.