Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Zombies are basically animated rotting corpses, right? That might make slicing them with a katana easier. If not, who cares? I don't see anyone going "Dead people walking around? As if!" If you can buy that, the other shouldn't be much harder to accept.

Great season opener, really enjoyed it.
    Yeah. I figured their heads, skulls and bodies are a bit softer due to decay and rotting. This is also why they are able to stab through skulls with knives (and I swear Carol was stabbing through skulls with a tire iron!). Either way, whatever.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Yeah, suspension of disbelief needs to work here. Decaying flesh ought to mean their eardrums and eyes decay, but they still hear and see. And even really "old" ones still are able to walk throughout winter (zombie blood anti-freeze?).

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    based on what? we saw a guy fail to do it on the last page.
    Based on that removing a helmet can tear all of the flesh of of a walker's skull.

We're not talking normal, healthy human bone.

BANNED

I was just talking about bone in general. I give no fucks if it's happening in a tv show about zombies, I was just curious about the reality of swords cutting through bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    Greatly enjoyed the season premiere. The march through the prison was probably some of the best zombie killing action this show has had so far. I'm wondering too how long they will have everyone at the prison. I'm hoping for at least 2 seasons there. Anymore may be overkill. I'm just saying that because while the show deviates a lot from the comics (which I'm grown to like) the prison/woodbury arc is too big of a part of the Walking Dead story to be skipped over, maybe trimmed down, but not skimmed over. I think the comic spent like 35-40 issues with them there?
    It seems the ending episode of Season 3's first half is named "Made to Suffer", which is the title of volume 8, so I don't know how long we'll be seeing the prison. But it's just a title, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    also, I really hope one of the inmates is Axel, you follow me?
    Supposedly, the mustached/bearded one that spoke was Axel.
    Last edited by KingOfCups; 10-15-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Here's my logic to the katanna being able to go through bones, and although I'm sure for one reason or another that my logic is flawed, it is the reasoning that I'm using. Guillotines are able to go through the neck, so it must be able to go through bone, and it's simply a blade.

Yes, I can think of arguments, but it's not a subject I care to look too deep into. Suspension of disbelief and whatnot.

never noticed the ss-runes on the motorcycle before. how stupid is it anyway, going through zombie-infested winter on a bike? glad this might end now.

zombie baby clawing it is way out of her motherīs womb was my guess for maggieīs baby post twd issue 100. hope it was not a hint.
    babies are immune to a lot of bad stuff after all.

i also hope tyrese is one of the inmates. i want the gym cleansing!

was rick that distant to lori in the comic? gotta reread.

michonne time frame confused me a bit cause i missed how much time the two spent alone. it was ok that michonne appeared out of nowwhere in the books as wandering stranger, but a lost lamb returning to the folk ... nah ok, letīs see how it will be done.

over all great season start

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCups View Post
    Here's my logic to the katanna being able to go through bones, and although I'm sure for one reason or another that my logic is flawed, it is the reasoning that I'm using. Guillotines are able to go through the neck, so it must be able to go through bone, and it's simply a blade.

Yes, I can think of arguments, but it's not a subject I care to look too deep into. Suspension of disbelief and whatnot.
    guillotines donīt cut through solid bones, they go through the neck. neck is not a solid bone, so beheading differs from cuting arms, legs or chests in half. besides, guilloties use gravity+weights. very differend from power applied by an arm

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockbones View Post
    guillotines donīt cut through solid bones, they go through the neck. neck is not a solid bone, so beheading differs from cuting arms, legs or chests in half. besides, guilloties use gravity+weights. very differend from power applied by an arm
    You're right, and as I said I could even poke a hole in my logic, but even so, I'm sure the blade had to hit a vertabrae sometimes. This uncertainty helps my suspension of disbelief.

They're in Georgia. How tough could a typical winter be?

Hell, I live in Jersey and last year's atypical winter wouldn't have seriously troubled the gang, for the most part.

Michonne, as I expected just from a basic description before she appeared, is *very* comic booky. Moreso than anyone or anything else on the show, so far.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-16-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    fair enough I guess. I'll never really know until I'm fighting zombies with one.
    can't say I care a ton about the reality of it anyway. it's just a tv show.
    Just take one to the mall..plenty of zombies there ;)

Not quite sure why the zombies Michonne has chained up don't attack. Yes i know they have their arms cut off and their jaw removed. Not sure why that would eliminate their hunger.

Tyrese -football pro, family man. You guys would rather he appear as an inmate?
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Tyrese -football pro, family man. You guys would rather he appear as an inmate?
    framed by his manager. i guess a professional writer would come up with something better

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    They're in Georgia. How tough could a typical winter be?

Hell, I live in Jersey and last years atypical winter wouldn't have seriously troubled the gang, for the most part.

Michonne, as I expected just from a basic description before she appeared, is *very* comic booky. Moreso than anyone or anything else on the show, so far.
    focus more on the months in a zombie-infestion area part...
    they drive through forests all the time. bushes 2 meteres away. itīs just stupid using a bike.
    but i guess weīre done with that now
    Last edited by sherlockbones; 10-16-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockbones View Post
    framed by his manager. i guess a professional writer would come up with something better
    \
    It would also be a pretty bad move to make one the strongest characters of the comic, a black man, an inmate after you've had a Tolken, might as well be mute, black character for two seasons named T-DOG. Which, btw, is a nickname not a name and I'm still confused as to why he calls himself that (unless the writers think it's an actual name black people call their kids, like in their birth certificate).
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.