Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    Greatly enjoyed the season premiere. The march through the prison was probably some of the best zombie killing action this show has had so far. I'm wondering too how long they will have everyone at the prison. I'm hoping for at least 2 seasons there. Anymore may be overkill. I'm just saying that because while the show deviates a lot from the comics (which I'm grown to like) the prison/woodbury arc is too big of a part of the Walking Dead story to be skipped over, maybe trimmed down, but not skimmed over. I think the comic spent like 35-40 issues with them there?

Specially when you consider that the Farm arc only lasted like maybe 6 issues and they stayed there for a whole season.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

BANNED

which was a huge pacing misstep. should have been about 6 on the farm, 6 on the road during winter, find the prison at the end. oh well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    It'd be nearly impossible to swing a katana with enough force to cut cleanly through bone with one stroke (especially on a free-standing target).
    Simply not true.

BANNED

based on what? we saw a guy fail to do it on the last page.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Best episode since the pilot, I think. Very tense and with a clear sense of direction.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    based on what? we saw a guy fail to do it on the last page.
    Based on historical fact.

Previous video is a horrible example. He was not cutting properly, he was in fact "hacking" not cutting properly.

What do you think katanas were designed to do? They weren't made for stabbing. They were not make for striking/parrying other blades. They were made for cutting people in half.

Bone is not that thick and probably not as rigid as you'd imagine.

FF to about 8:00. That's a metal pipe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj1Jytiw8e0

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    They should have spent a day or two killing every walker they could through the fences before rushing into the prison.
    I was asking myself that same thing throughout the entire second half of the episode; "Why the hell wouldn't you let the walkers come to you and pick them off from behind the relative safety of the fence?!" That part made no sense.

Well, other than it made for better TV I guess...

BANNED

fair enough I guess. I'll never really know until I'm fighting zombies with one.
    can't say I care a ton about the reality of it anyway. it's just a tv show.

Another strong opener, so I'm optimistic despite the downward spiral the previous seasons took (IMO). Some of the best character work the show's done so far; if they keep that up this should be a better season by default. Although I still can't understand why nobody thought to stab the riot zombies under the helmet until Maggie did it almost by accident.

Between this and Dexter getting interesting again I'm quite optimistic about the next few months' viewing.

The dead are walking, but it's impossible to behead someone with a sword.

I'm glad my suspension of disbelief isn't out of tune.

Excellent premiere for this season. I am, however, a bit disappointed in their haste at exploration. Clear EVERYTHING before proceeding. Have a better tactic than "OK let's just go this way, forget about that way." at forks in the path.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Tyrese wasn't an inmate.

I remember that part, i meant that in memory of prison arc,what happened he was character that was important and very easy to remember fully. Specially with what happened without spoiling.

I have vague memory of how Axel looked and no memory of the other inmates. Tyrese as character was made when he was such help, right hand for Rick in the story after they got to the Prison.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

RICK TORE OFF A RIOT GEAR MASK ON A ZOMBIE AND A CHUNK OF IT'S FACE SKIN WENT WITH IT!!!!

(that, to me, sums up the awesomeness of this episode overall. Also just the fact that there were riot-gear wearing zombies.)

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    RICK TORE OFF A RIOT GEAR MASK ON A ZOMBIE AND A CHUNK OF IT'S FACE SKIN WENT WITH IT!!!!

(that, to me, sums up the awesomeness of this episode overall. Also just the fact that there were riot-gear wearing zombies.)
    Yeah, the zombies in riot gear thing was probably the highlight of the episode. It was kind of a double-edged sword/stalemate: on the one hand, they can't bite through the face shields, on the other hand it's tough to spear them through the brain with the helmets on. They should have had a scene of nothing but a solid minute of an awkward riot-gear zombie/survivor stare down before they went at it.

Zombies are basically animated rotting corpses, right? That might make slicing them with a katana easier. If not, who cares? I don't see anyone going "Dead people walking around? As if!" If you can buy that, the other shouldn't be much harder to accept.

Great season opener, really enjoyed it.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Based on historical fact.

Previous video is a horrible example. He was not cutting properly, he was in fact "hacking" not cutting properly.

What do you think katanas were designed to do? They weren't made for stabbing. They were not make for striking/parrying other blades. They were made for cutting people in half.

Bone is not that thick and probably not as rigid as you'd imagine.

FF to about 8:00. That's a metal pipe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj1Jytiw8e0
    Again, not a free standing target. If you're hacking into something thats pressed up against a backstop (like a chopping block), then the target absorbs the full force of the swing because there's no where for it to recoil to, making it much easier to cleave. It you're swinging into something that has nothing but air on the other side of it (like a standing human being), Newton's third law comes into play.

All that said, GDB is right; it's really not that big a deal.
    Last edited by kalorama; 10-15-2012 at 03:47 PM.