Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

For those who are already Carl / Beth shipping consider this. Beth may only be 16 in the show but Emily Kinney who plays her is quite a bit older. No site that I saw seems to actually know her age but the following is known: she graduated COLLEGE in 2006 and in a 2010 article she talked about how she enjoys playing teenagers even though is "over eighteen." So maybe she was some sort of child prodigy who graduated college way way young but if she was a minimum of 19 in 2010 that puts her at least 21 now. Chandler Riggs who plays Carl is only 13.

people on IMDB were saying they noticed that it looks like the shows writers were paying attention to the complaints and seemed to have toned down Lori's obnoxiousness, carol no longer seems to want to over throw rick, and Carl is actually useful (and does as he's told),
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Not sure if you were trying to prove or disprove my point with that. If the former, thanks. If the latter:

(A) It looked like it took at least two swings on the ones he actually managed to split and (B) it wasn't a free-standing target. You can chop someone's head off with one swing from an ax if it's on a chopping block (which provides counterforce/resistance to the force of the impact), but if you try chopping the head off a standing, moving person with an ax, it's not going to go clean through; it'll cut through the flesh on the entry side and then get tangled in the muscle and/or embedded in the bone. Same principle applies with a katana (or any handheld blade).

The real question is: Why would someone risk damaging a nice blade like that by hacking up hunks of cow bone?
    Last edited by kalorama; 10-15-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    The little man loves him some blondes but he won't be getting any. I am going to call BS so hard if anything happens between them. Zombie Apocalypse is more belieavable.
    I agree. I see them only as friends. Beth has clearly taken over the Billy role from the comics.

It was nice to see they trained everybody on how to deal with the walkers, including Carol who seemed like she was never going to pick up a weapon.

The scene where they all get into the prison cell block and seem to have a little bit of happiness and hopefulness was my favorite.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

BANNED

I don't think there was any real implication of a Beth/Carl relationship happening.

who cares what swords can actually cut through, it's stupid tv.

I found myself liking this season premier a lot. I was surprised by how little dialogue there was for a lot of the episode, rather we got a lot of zombie-killing awesomeness. I like the time jump, it lets us see some character progression very quickly. Rick has turned somewhat ruthless in his leadership of the group, which leads to the really stupid mistake of trying to clear the prison in the dark with no real quick escape plan. Anyway, at least it only gets Herschel maimed. It was a cool scene, and it's not a character I will miss.

Also loving the introduction of Michonne. She seems like a BAMF.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Hershel is a goner

BANNED

bah, I'm not watching that. can we keep future episode stuff as spoilers?

Great ep and everyone was useful and not being annoying. Carls a good soldier now.

So theres five people in the prison instead of four. Does that mean we could see someone like Tyrese maybe or some other character.
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

BANNED

There's a list of who they are out there. It's a spoiler so I won't link to it; I've not read it, either. I'd rather save that for next week, I guess.

Who cares how many they are and who they are from my POV. The only one i remember years later from the comics is Tyrese and he wont appear anytime soon.

I enjoyed the action, the tension after first half of last season wasted on soap opera. I hope there are surprises for us comics readers and not just copy the prison arc with few different characters.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Greatly enjoyed the season premiere. The march through the prison was probably some of the best zombie killing action this show has had so far. I'm wondering too how long they will have everyone at the prison. I'm hoping for at least 2 seasons there. Anymore may be overkill. I'm just saying that because while the show deviates a lot from the comics (which I'm grown to like) the prison/woodbury arc is too big of a part of the Walking Dead story to be skipped over, maybe trimmed down, but not skimmed over. I think the comic spent like 35-40 issues with them there?

also, I really hope one of the inmates is Axel, you follow me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Who cares how many they are and who they are from my POV. The only one i remember years later from the comics is Tyrese and he wont appear anytime soon.
    Tyrese wasn't an inmate.