Page 80 of 129 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1930

I'm very surprised that people keep suggesting that Herschel, Glenn, Carol, etc, need to step up and take power from Rick.....hello, let's not forget that in the current version (meaning of the core group at the prison) Rick is the biggest badass. Certainly Daryl could challenge him, but I don't see that happening, even when he does return. Glenn is certainly becoming more hardcore, but he's nowhere near ready to tangle with Rick. The one guy who could have, and did challenge him has already been put down (Shane). Herschel? Please, I'm not betting on the one legged man in an ass-kicking contest. I can see Carl putting his father down one day, but not soon. Michonne couldn't take out the Gov. in close quarters why would she fare any better against Rick? It's also way too early to speculate on just how the new arrivals to the prison are going to affect the power structure. Last but not least, the premise has always been on Rick's experiences through a never-ending zombie movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    I'm very surprised that people keep suggesting that Herschel, Glenn, Carol, etc, need to step up and take power from Rick.....hello, let's not forget that in the current version (meaning of the core group at the prison) Rick is the biggest badass. Certainly Daryl could challenge him, but I don't see that happening, even when he does return. Glenn is certainly becoming more hardcore, but he's nowhere near ready to tangle with Rick. The one guy who could have, and did challenge him has already been put down (Shane). Herschel? Please, I'm not betting on the one legged man in an ass-kicking contest. I can see Carl putting his father down one day, but not soon. Michonne couldn't take out the Gov. in close quarters why would she fare any better against Rick? It's also way too early to speculate on just how the new arrivals to the prison are going to affect the power structure. Last but not least, the premise has always been on Rick's experiences through a never-ending zombie movie.
    You know how guns work right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    And which one of the group has the stones to try and murder Rick? Oh that's right, it was Shane, how'd that work out for him?

And which one of the group has the stones to try and murder Rick? Oh that's right, it was Shane, how'd that work out for him?
    He could have shot him in his sleep, i don't think anyone is going to do it, he's the main character.
    Just saying, it isn't hard to shoot someone, it doesn't take a large amount of skill to kill a person with a gun when you know where they sleep.

He could have shot him in his sleep, i don't think anyone is going to do it, he's the main character.
    Just saying, it isn't hard to shoot someone, it doesn't take a large amount of skill to kill a person with a gun when you know where they sleep.
    That only works in connection within the story, and none of the current characters is going to do that, hell even Shane knew to try and kill Rick meant getting him away from everybody else and trying to ambushing him. If anybody was going to try and sneak up on him while he slept it would be Michonne, but quite frankly I can't see that being part of the plot until Daryl's back and I'm guessing he'd be the one to take her out with an arrow through the head.

Just by going out every day to stab ones through the fence would only attract a constant flow, no?
    Not really. They seem to go out everyday anyway. This usually stirs the walkers up and they usually press against the fence. If there's no human activity, they usually just stand around. I'd just be worried that if too many of them are outside, that they'll simply push through the fence the next time they get riled.

Although, I didn't think of the idea that they make a decent deterrent for human invaders. Maybe Rick and company are allowing them to stick around for just that reason.

Or they can try talking to him. I don't think Rick's that far gone that they need to put him down like a rabid dog.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Or they can try talking to him. I don't think Rick's that far gone that they need to put him down like a rabid dog.
    The guy who decided the only way things would work is if he didn't let anyone make any decisions and is no legit seeing his dead wife appear isn't too far gone?

The guy who decided the only way things would work is if he didn't let anyone make any decisions and is no legit seeing his dead wife appear isn't too far gone?
    Enough to kill him? Believe me, I've seen reasoning work on people far more messed up than Rick.

BANNED

Do they even think he is that crazy? I mean, enough to take control of the group form him or even kill him?

They don't know he was having hallucination of his dead wife. He was just saying, "why are you here," as far as they know he was shouting at the new group.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Do they even think he is that crazy? I mean, enough to take control of the group form him or even kill him?

They don't know he was having hallucination of his dead wife. He was just saying, "why are you here," as far as they know he was shouting at the new group.
    I have sympathy for people with mental health issues but even I have to admit pulling out a gun and screaming to the heavens would make me think he's crazy. So no, they don't know what he's seeing or who he's talking to, but based on what they just witnessed, I'm sure they're questioning his stability.

Weird. How did we get from "disarm and lockup" to a gunfight at the OK Corral?

I guess the only way to disarm Rick is via a bloody shootout?

Doesn't anyone think there might be other ways to go about it? Drugs in food, for example? Simply locking his cell when he falls asleep? Or does he never ever ever EVER sleep? Is that it?
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

BUT! Let's face it. This is going to be another one of those "plot induced stupidity" things that only amounts to fodder for internet arguing. You either accept the suspension of disbelief that nobody either wants to or has the guts to try find a way to talk down or lock up the crazy guy or . . . I guess the "or" is point it out on the internet? Resolution takes a backseat to plot-twists.
    Last edited by Dreadstar; 02-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We have to run down things here and have some perspective before we go...they should all remove Rick and take power.

Hershel - He would be dead right now. Maybe 2 or 3 times by this point. Rick has saved him so much that he eyes Rick more as a son like he does Glen. Hershel also knows he owes Rick for saving his family as well. How many times has he saved Maggie , Glen and Beth ? He just went and brought his daughter to him and went into an enemy camp and did that for them. Hershel also can see Rick's been suffering mentally. He knew no one was calling Rick earlier and just wants him to try and work things out mentally.

Its said when Hershel's wife died he crawled into a bottle to handle the pain. He knows exactly what poor Rick is going through.

Maggie - He just went and saved her from death. If anything Maggie should be telling the others...we have to give Rick his space and hope he can mentally recover. Because he's our strongest person to lead us.

Glenn - Just got the shit beat outta him and has some anger with Rick. But in his heart he knows he owes Rick his life.

Michonne - A wildcard. No one knows what to make of her. Rick wants her gone right now. But she hasn't been around the group long.

Axel - Just a simple convict who isn't a bad guy. But do you wanna make him leader right now ?

Carl - The future leader in waiting. But he's just a kid. He showed he can make some good decisions this season...even the hardest ones. He saved Tyrese and his group.

Tyrese - Just joined the prison and no one knows him much at all. Put him in the Michonne section.

Daryl - Outside the prison now. Likely gonna be battling his brother soon. A true test ahead...is blood thicker than friends ? Daryl is gonna have to make that hard choice soon against Meryl.

Carol - She's ranked with Beth. Both can't possibly lead a group. So this is one where you say no.

So guys.... who leads this group ? Not many options honestly and 3 characters owe Rick so much they won't argue with him. Daryl is outside the prison.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Viva La Ricktatorship
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to run down things here and have some perspective before we go...they should all remove Rick and take power.
    Jesus Christ, we're not talking about stranding him on fucking Elba.

He lost his shit, he had a psychotic break. And He's running around with a gun leading your group during a zombie apocalypse.

DAMN STRAIGHT I try to disarm and restrain him, and hopefully he recovers so he can go on doing all that John Wayne shit.