Page 73 of 129 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1930
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    I think Daryl pleading Merle's case to Rick could convince him otherwise. Then he'd probably end up being a stealth Tomas, which would be really screwed up.
    They already have the would-be pedo convict, I think that´s enough snakes in their little paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    They already have the would-be pedo convict, I think that´s enough snakes in their little paradise.
    I don't get the pedo talk. Sure the age difference is creepy as hell, but the age of consent in Georgia is 16 and she's 17 on the show. It's not like she's a toddler.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    I don't get the pedo talk. Sure the age difference is creepy as hell, but the age of consent in Georgia is 16 and she's 17 on the show. It's not like she's a toddler.
    It's more about the age difference and her innocence in Carol's eyes. She's 17 and he's likely pushing 50. And you know Hershel wouldn't approve, anyway.

Carol's probably already taken matters into her own hands, and that's what the two of them were doing in the guard tower when the other group showed up.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Gone

Poor Carol.
    She´d be better off with Daryl.
    Between her husband and this guy...

Elder Member

I just went back to all his scennes from season 1 and I can safely say that I have seen not ONE redeeming trait on Merle that would make me wanna see him join the group.
    Irresponsible. Check.
    Dangerous. Check.
    Wildcard. Check.
    Racist. Check.
    Selfish. Chck.
    Tyrant wannabe. Check.
    Honestly, all those traits make me want him on the cast even more. Ass-kicking is an in-demand skill in this zombie waste land, and I think he'd be a great source of tension. He's most of the things you listed still sure, but to a more controllable degree now. I don't think the Merle that made Rick handcuff him to a roof would have let Katana chick get away to be eaten alive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, all those traits make me want him on the cast even more.
    Michael Rooker's an underrated actor who's getting some serious exposure now. He's been around a long time. Wanting Rooker on the show and Rick's group accepting him back into their ranks are two different things.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Michael Rooker's an underrated actor who's getting some serious exposure now. He's been around a long time. Wanting Rooker on the show and Rick's group accepting him back into their ranks are two different things.
    Like I said, ass kicking is an in demand skill. He's a good hunter/tracker and can handle himself in a fight. Given that they are outnumbered and out-resourced, they need every hand they can get.

And yes, they'd be pissed as hell about what he did to Glenn and Maggie, but beggars can't be choosers. And knowing he's on thin ice would help keep Merle in line.

Like I said, ass kicking is an in demand skill. He's a good hunter/tracker and can handle himself in a fight. Given that they are outnumbered and out-resourced, they need every hand they can get.

And yes, they'd be pissed as hell about what he did to Glenn and Maggie, but beggars can't be choosers. And knowing he's on thin ice would help keep Merle in line.
    I dunno if another guy who can kill zombies well is a good trade for having to be worried he will kill you.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I dunno if another guy who can kill zombies well is a good trade for having to be worried he will kill you.
    Well, they have an enemy in common now, and Merle does care for his brother...

Well, they have an enemy in common now, and Merle does care for his brother...
    So they kill the governor and then they can go back to not trusting him.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    So they kill the governor and then they can go back to not trusting him.
    They kill him and Merle's earned a small degree of trust.

Lets not act like these people make the best decisions, eh? ;)

They kill him and Merle's earned a small degree of trust.

Lets not act like these people make the best decisions, eh? ;)
    Well, i don't see them letting Merle come with, and we won't know what they do for 2 months, so it's all guesswork anyway.

Gone

Let me spell it out more clearly, i am more confortable with would-be paedo convict near Hershel´s daughter than I am with Merle back in the group.

Elder Member

Let me spell it out more clearly, i am more confortable with would-be paedo convict near Hershel´s daughter than I am with Merle back in the group.
    And let me spell it out clearly:

Merle joining the cast would add great tension ala Shane but would be more sustainable, and different because he'd have a short leash and no moral authority whatsoever