Page 65 of 129 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Except that he already has more development than Oscar and is already close to T-Dog's level. So they are developing him quite nicely for his first appearance if you ask me.
    i should hope so, and the rule of three is a real issue too many black characters and all of a sudden it becomes a black movie/tv show. as far as Andrea i think the writers must have hated her comic version with a fiery passion.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    i should hope so, and the rule of three is a real issue too many black characters and all of a sudden it becomes a black movie/tv show. as far as Andrea i think the writers must have hated her comic version with a fiery passion.
    not sure....seems like all the progress she made in season two has now regressed with the first hint of a "normal" existence and it makes that speech she gave to Lori in season two a bit hypocritical
    Support your local roller derby league

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    not sure....seems like all the progress she made in season two has now regressed with the first hint of a "normal" existence and it makes that speech she gave to Lori in season two a bit hypocritical
    at the very least though the writers are inconsistent with her. and she didn't progress that much in the second season anyway, outside of becoming a good shot (the only thing that's remotely similar to her comic character).
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

BANNED

Andrea is awful. I wonder how the conversation about ruining that character went?

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Andrea is awful. I wonder how the conversation about ruining that character went?
    I know, right? I really, really hope SUPER HUGE SPOILERS FROM THE COMICS spoilers:
    they decide to keep Carol and kill off Andrea instead, but I doubt that's happening.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    there should be a transgender character

I demand it or this show is racist!!!!
    Transgender mexican, take care of two birds, book it!
    Actually the lack of hispanics is bugging me a little, there were tons in atlanta, what part of the country are they in where everyone is white or black?

BANNED

I like Carol a lot. the actress is great, too.

there was a hispanic guy and his wife in the first season.

if not for the comic, i would have bailed long time ago. i did stop watching during the 2nd season around the halfway point. the writing is just not good, imo, and the characters suffer for it. forget the comic, the characterization for some suck to high heaven. i don't have high hopes for the development of Michonne (or others like Tyreese), but i hope i'm wrong. and while there will always be PISS, some of it in this show just comes off as bad lazy paint-by-number tv writing.

however, i'll keep watching hoping that they will do more than just satisfy my need for blood and guts in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Transgender mexican, take care of two birds, book it!
    Actually the lack of hispanics is bugging me a little, there were tons in atlanta, what part of the country are they in where everyone is white or black?
    Did you forget the Vatos? There was a building full of them. Also that guy Rick macheteed looked Hispanic to me as well.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Did you forget the Vatos? There was a building full of them. Also that guy Rick macheteed looked Hispanic to me as well.
    I don't know why you guys are ignoring where i typed "there were tons in atlanta"
    Which would include both the family with them and the dudes in the old folks home.
    And the guy rick killed wasn't in their group, we must provide a rainbow in our post zombie attack focus group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I don't know why you guys are ignoring where i typed "there were tons in atlanta"
    Which would include both the family with them and the dudes in the old folks home.
    And the guy rick killed wasn't in their group, we must provide a rainbow in our post zombie attack focus group.
    Sorry. I think I read that as "There ARE tons in Atlanta". Implying real world demographics.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Sorry. I think I read that as "There ARE tons in Atlanta". Implying real world demographics.
    Understandable, i've only been to atlanta twice, i can't speak to its actual demographics.
    I assume it's not southern california or anything.

I have a feeling that after this section of the story, we may see a return to Atlanta, either from Morgans point of view or something like that
    Support your local roller derby league

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

"Oh, look, a new black guy!"
    "WHAT? HOLY CRAP! THAT'S TOO MANY BLACK GUYS! KILL THE OLD ONE! DO IT! NOW!"
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

My main issue with the show is that there is very little contrast between Rick's group and the Governor's group. In the comics, there really was no way you could morally compare the two groups. In the TV show...its much closer. I mean, lest we forget, Rick's group also captured someone from a different group and were going to execute him.

In the comics, the people in Woodbury were largely ok, but the Governor was a total power trip asshole, 100 percent evil bad guy. The show is not convincing me that Rick's group is any more worth rooting for than the Woodbury group.

So far its still entertaining...but I'm not sure for how much longer if we don't start seeing more of a reason to care.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.