Page 55 of 129 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but Merle's easily my favorite character in the show.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    Pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but Merle's easily my favorite character in the show.
    Aside from the casual racism, he's mine too. I especially loved the scene where he gave the guys with him after Michonne a pep talk "the Governor chose you! I want you to succeed!" He sounded like mid-management at a Walmart or something.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Elder Member

I wonder if the Gov's people have done any pragmatic research into the zombies, like do they only rely on scent, what's their ability with deductive reasoning, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    nothing is better with rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Damn.
    TGB beat me to it.
    Alan Moore disagrees with you guys. Zing!

Sorry been reading too many Alan More articles. Back on topic here, Meryle is an awesome character, yeah he's a racist bad guy but he's unpredictable, which makes him so fun to watch (Biter-Gram!) and we still don't know whose side he's really going to be on when it hits the fan.

Also I hope that the TV show doesn't fall into the trap of being too slavish to the comic. So far (season 2 not withstanding) they've been doing great by using just the concepts of the stories and characters but going their own way with them.
    Last edited by Hamdinger; 11-28-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder if the Gov's people have done any pragmatic research into the zombies, like do they only rely on scent, what's their ability with deductive reasoning, etc?

They thought zombies can think, pretty sure that means they know dick, bet the scientist is just a wackjob, or a teacher, and not an actual scientist.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    They thought zombies can think, pretty sure that means they know dick, bet the scientist is just a wackjob, or a teacher, and not an actual scientist.
    Good bet. He told Andrea that he "telecommuted to work" which tends to make me think that his job was something other than doctor or medical researcher.

Merle is great, but not one of the top 5 TV version characters. He's more annoying than anything. He's worn out his welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Merle is great, but not one of the top 5 TV version characters. He's more annoying than anything. He's worn out his welcome.
    I really disagree.

I'm not a big Rooker fan, think he plays far to much on his Rooker-persona as an actor, but I think he's put a real edge on it in this show and it's by far his best non comedic work.

Elder Member

Given that no one's studied zombies before, how is it such an outrageous idea?

He may not even be wrong, as Katana chick's zombies seemed comfortable around her and Andrea, but went haywire around the Gov's people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Given that no one's studied zombies before, how is it such an outrageous idea?

He may not even be wrong, as Katana chick's zombies seemed comfortable around her and Andrea, but went haywire around the Gov's people.
    She cut their arms off, their jaws off, and knocked their teeth out, what were they going too do, bump her to death?
    It's an outreageous idea because the friggen governor lives with his young daughter who tries to eat him.

She cut their arms off, their jaws off, and knocked their teeth out, what were they going too do, bump her to death?
    It's an outreageous idea because the friggen governor lives with his young daughter who tries to eat him.
    Well that's the thing. If they were truly mindless and instinct driven, then yes they would have tried to bump her to death. We also have to remember Morgan's wife who was trying to use doorknobs and I might be wrong, but the Governor's daughter didn't try to eat him. She let him brush her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Well that's the thing. If they were truly mindless and instinct driven, then yes they would have tried to bump her to death. We also have to remember Morgan's wife who was trying to use doorknobs and I might be wrong, but the Governor's daughter didn't try to eat him. She let him brush her hair.
    Nope, instincts change over time. Animals, who don't have cognitive thought processes instincts can be changed through training. As can walkers apparently.

Didn't he and the Governor have a quick discussion about the Walkers in their first or second episode? Something about how the longer they don't feed they become more docile or lessen their appetite or something to that effect?

I get what they were trying to do. As scientifically as possible under the circumstances, he was trying to see if he could effect behavior. Granted, he had never actually seen anyone turn before, so that is one flaw. Obviously they don't know that much but I guess they were trying to learn something.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

I really don't blame them for trying to study Walkers at all, sure, WE know everything about them but this world apparently didn't even have Zombie movies to guide itself, and even if they did, I would be doing the exact same thing. They know nothing about them, they've settled, they are safe from them (for the time being but they seem think that it will last forever), It's time to study them and see what can we learn.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    Nope, instincts change over time. Animals, who don't have cognitive thought processes instincts can be changed through training. As can walkers apparently.
    Who was training Morgan's wife?