Page 42 of 129 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    If Kirkman was trying to hide a surprise he wouldn't say directly that Carl shot her, she won't be back as a zombie, and that other zombie at her.

What's the term for not accepting facts that contradict what you previously believed?
    that and the tone that this show and the book have set, when someone dies...they f'ng die

no miraculous returns, no amnesia, no falling off a bridge and showing up with an eyepatch
    Support your local roller derby league

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Yeah, and he would never lie to preserve a surprise or a big shock or a scare. Please...
    I'm sure he would, I just don't see any worthwhile story angle here

Thing is, if that stuffed zombie didn't eat Lori, what was it stuffed with? It's not like there's a whole lot of fresh meat in that prison.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm sure he would, I just don't see any worthwhile story angle here
    Oh, well I guess that if you cannot see a worthwhile story angle here, there must not be any . My bad.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Thing is, if that stuffed zombie didn't eat Lori, what was it stuffed with? It's not like there's a whole lot of fresh meat in that prison.
    Fair point, though that zombie hardly looked like it ate over a hundred odd points of meat and bone (fast eater, that one).

Oh, well I guess that if you cannot see a worthwhile story angle here, there must not be any . My bad.
    Yeah, you';re right. Your "She's just hiding!" http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../HesJustHiding is a much better angle.

I am just saying that until I see her dead body with a bullet hole in the head... I am not going to dismiss ANY possibility.

Given what happened to her body...you may be expecting this as long as the show runs.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    I'll make the pledge right now that I will eat a hat, of any size, should your theory pan out.
    It can happen.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Sarah Wayne Callies is currently filming an independent movie and has signed on to a summer pilot on USA I believe. so she's dead and you're wrong
    Actors and actress can multitask and can have two jobs. They don't have to do one.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

Elder Member

Well, there's no question that she's dead. Maggie gutted her like a steer and left her lifeless body splayed out on the floor with her guts hanging out. So unless there's some kind of phantom of the opera trauma surgeon with mystical resurrection powers hiding in the bowels of the prison, then she's not coming back as a living person. As for her coming back as a walker . . . there really isn't much of a story angle there. At most it'd be good for a couple seconds of shock value and maybe half an episode's worth of pathos as Rick and/or Carl deal with the reawakened grief and struggle to work up the nerve to put her down. But given the number of times we've already seen those angles explored with other characters (including again in the latest episode as Darryl tries to work up the nerve to do Carol only to discover that she's alive) is there really any story value in going to that well yet again?

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Carl told Darryl he shot her....its all we have to believe. What 10 year old is gonna lie about that ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Fair point, though that zombie hardly looked like it ate over a hundred odd points of meat and bone (fast eater, that one).
    That raises an interesting (and esp. apropos on Thanksgiving) question: Since, presumably, zombies no longer have functioning digestive systems that allows them to excrete waste, what happens to all the meat they consume? Do they just explode at some point?

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That raises an interesting (and esp. apropos on Thanksgiving) question: Since, presumably, zombies no longer have functioning digestive systems that allows them to excrete waste, what happens to all the meat they consume? Do they just explode at some point?
    i believe this was covered in Marvel Zombies. They keep eating till their stomachs rip, and eat some more.

Yeah, but this is the Walking Dead, not Marvel Zombies. The rules are a bit different. The Governors scientist commented that when Michonne removed the lower jaws of the biters they lost all interest in eating and became docile. When the governor asked if they would starve to death, he said yes, just very slowly. So apparently whatever caused the walking is keeping them alive. They still have functioning digestive systems, and still need to eat. The less the eat the faster they decay would be a reasonable assumption, though not yet proven.

And since they do have a slowly functioning digestive system, one can only assume that just like an animal, they poop whenever they are full, only with not so much brain power, they probably just do it as they walk.

Yeah, I know... nice topic to discuss on the biggest eating holiday of the year. Happy Thankgiving. Enjoy your meal now... if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Carl told Darryl he shot her....its all we have to believe. What 10 year old is gonna lie about that ?
    A ten year old that lives in a world where killing walkers is the mature thing to do, so he doesn't want to be embarrassed that he couldn't do the mature, manly thing to do. Teens and Pre-Teens lie to save embarrassment all the time. This would be no different.

Or maybe he actually did it. But then the question remains, where did the body go. Because Rick ran in and found the spot where the birth took place only 20-40 minutes after the supposed kill shot. And no walker eats that fast nor that completely. Want proof, just look at all the half eaten bodies all over the place.

A ten year old that lives in a world where killing walkers is the mature thing to do, so he doesn't want to be embarrassed that he couldn't do the mature, manly thing to do. Teens and Pre-Teens lie to save embarrassment all the time. This would be no different.

Or maybe he actually did it. But then the question remains, where did the body go. Because Rick ran in and found the spot where the birth took place only 20-40 minutes after the supposed kill shot. And no walker eats that fast nor that completely. Want proof, just look at all the half eaten bodies all over the place.

Well yeah, if we're going to go by how it should have gone, but the lack of Lori body is clearly so Rick doesn't find the body and get any kind of closure, say goodbye etc.