Page 34 of 129 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

The Group in the prison won't have anything to worry about at least not until Rick's magic gun runs out of bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Probably shouldn't have filled it in then.
    Fitness? Boredom? Ritual? I'm not going to think about it too much.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    OH, and for GOD'S SAKE, find some long-range communications, you freaking morons.

Hehehe.

2 soup cans and a string. Anything!

Elder Member

As for the survivial concerns...yeah, it's stupid, but i am still working under the theory that every zombie story is in a world where they don't have zombie fiction. It just doesn't exsist, so they never had the time to think up what you should do in the situation.
    I've never understood the thought "A lack of fictional zombies in this 'verse makes them more vulnerable', myself.

Has anyone in a zombie movie ever acted intelligently? They all go to public places, have no understanding of tactics whatsoever and are usually almost all dead by the end of the credits during a time span that lasts at most two days. How is it fictional vampires can exist in vampire movies, and the same with werewolves, but not zombie shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    OH, and for GOD'S SAKE, find some long-range communications, you freaking morons.
    how? there is no power grid, phone lines are down, any sort of long range communication requires at least functional phone lines, or if you are using a computer, electricity and network connections

all of those things are gone....the best anyone can hope for is a CB radio
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I've never understood the thought "A lack of fictional zombies in this 'verse makes them more vulnerable', myself.

Has anyone in a zombie movie ever acted intelligently? They all go to public places, have no understanding of tactics whatsoever and are usually almost all dead by the end of the credits during a time span that lasts at most two days. How is it fictional vampires can exist in vampire movies, and the same with werewolves, but not zombie shows?
    Im sure some zombie movies have had zombies as a known thing...shawn of the dead? I haven't seen it in a while but i imagine they had zombie movies in that.
    Edit: My wife informed me that wasn't the case, so i fallback on Zombieland, which is also like..the best zombie movie.

Im sure some zombie movies have had zombies as a known thing...shawn of the dead? I haven't seen it in a while but i imagine they had zombie movies in that.
    Edit: My wife informed me that wasn't the case, so i fallback on Zombieland, which is also like..the best zombie movie.
    Dude your married, with a cool "sci-fi" wife..we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
    Dude your married, with a cool "sci-fi" wife..we get it.
    Sadly, she won't watch sci fi movies with me, but she likes shawn of the dead dude.I asked her right before posting that though.

Poor Rick. That was a good way to mourn for his wife...I suppose. So the Governor and his town are a bunch of rednecks who like watching zombie wrestling for entertainment? Uh, yeah, I'm with Michonne here. Get out of there! Even though we didn't really see all the time Michonne and Andrea spent together, I was still sad to see the end of their partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    I liked the last episode. It was a good breather, even though I kept thinking something horrible was going to happen to Daryl & Maggie during their run to that daycare center (after all, they almost never have a good day in the zombie apocalypse). The production staff did a really good job with making their trek through the place very menacing, with all of the noises of the building settling, and the wood creeking. Daytime horror is almost always better than nighttime horror.
    Agree, but maybe it was because I don't see a lot of daytime horror. I nearly jumped when they found that possum.

Elder Member

All things considered, I can't blame Andrea for staying until the end there. Katana chick didn't explain herself much beyond "We gotta leave!" even though she had some decent evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    All things considered, I can't blame Andrea for staying until the end there. Katana chick didn't explain herself much beyond "We gotta leave!" even though she had some decent evidence.
    She didn't really give andrea the evidence, her evidence given was "I have a feeling."

Wait, didn't they make a 'Thriller' joke in Shaun of the Dead? That doesn't really work unless they know about zombies.

Anyway, I think the answer is that if everybody knows the rules of zombies from the start, they become too easy to deal with.
    Zombieland was a comedy, so it didn't really matter there. Anything else I can think of where zombies are known were also comedies.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

I shouldnt have seen the preview for next week, it made last ep look so boring in comparison.

Im a long time TWD comics fan who watch this show for totally different reason. For me it would be stupid,boring if the show followed the comics too much.

Sure the tv has done Maggie better, Carol better but Andrea,Rick the main characters are not the same really, they are weaker but i watch the show to see something different so i cant complain too much. I dont want just copying the comics, The Governor is hiding his sick side well for example. Shane was a good experiment that was damaged by the slow pace, the silly love triangle.

What im trying to say is let me enjoy the show for being different and not group me with hardcore comics fans that want exactly the same things to happen in the tv show. When i diss Rick or Andrea i do it as tv show fan.

Its simple really.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Wait, didn't they make a 'Thriller' joke in Shaun of the Dead? That doesn't really work unless they know about zombies.

Anyway, I think the answer is that if everybody knows the rules of zombies from the start, they become too easy to deal with.
    Zombieland was a comedy, so it didn't really matter there. Anything else I can think of where zombies are known were also comedies.
    I'm still going under the theory that you can have people know what zombies are, have them be prepared and still have them be scary.
    They are walking corpses afterall. The problem with zombies, to me, is that they are never going to be as threatening as a werewolf or a vampire if you take the time to think about them.
    They are slow, they tend to be weaker then people, you can kill them with almost anything blunt or pokey. All they have is numbers, but if you see 300 zombies bunched up they are so slow you can powerwalk past them.

I'm still going under the theory that you can have people know what zombies are, have them be prepared and still have them be scary.
    They are walking corpses afterall. The problem with zombies, to me, is that they are never going to be as threatening as a werewolf or a vampire if you take the time to think about them.
    They are slow, they tend to be weaker then people, you can kill them with almost anything blunt or pokey. All they have is numbers, but if you see 300 zombies bunched up they are so slow you can powerwalk past them.
    Depends on what kind of zombies , if it's the running kind , i.e return of the living dead or world war Z , you are toast - humans get fatigued , they don't.

Even for slow zombies , all it needs is one zombie to drag you down and the then the rest will pile on you.
    Last edited by marshal99; 11-14-2012 at 06:31 AM.