Page 33 of 129 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    BANNED

She's not dead... she might return as a zombie, but she's not a corpse in the ground.
    Whatever she is, at least we're not spending 7 episodes looking for her. :-P

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think for the show to have a reason the Governor will want the prison , is that there has to be something there . So I think Carol is gonna stumble onto the armory of the prison and there will be a huge crate of weapons. Its gonna be something there as a reason to take it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think for the show to have a reason the Governor will want the prison , is that there has to be something there . So I think Carol is gonna stumble onto the armory of the prison and there will be a huge crate of weapons. Its gonna be something there as a reason to take it.
    Agreed, because right now his setup seems a hundred times better than the prison's.

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

I liked the last episode. It was a good breather, even though I kept thinking something horrible was going to happen to Daryl & Maggie during their run to that daycare center (after all, they almost never have a good day in the zombie apocalypse). The production staff did a really good job with making their trek through the place very menacing, with all of the noises of the building settling, and the wood creeking. Daytime horror is almost always better than nighttime horror.

Glenn's conversation with Hershel was sad. The kid is losing a lot of his optimism about the world, and that scene was a great example of that.

Andrea...ugh. I think this is going to be a running theme with the TV version of the character. She's attracted to men with power and she's essentially become a terrible judge of character. I hope she doesn't hook up with the Governor. That would be...unfortunate. She wants to be safe, but how far will she go for safety? Woodbury isn't what it seems, and hopefully next episode she finds a way to get the hell out of there.

Michonne--I think she's perfectly portrayed. Yes, she's paranoid. Yes, she's a little...off. But so far her suspicions have been proven correct. And I love her little session of slaying those walkers in the pen. She about nearly cracked a half smile during that whole scene.

Poor Rick. The scene where he just bulldozed through the halls of the prison with the axe was excellently done.

Daryl Dixon with the baby? Awww...that was slightly adorable. Carl's listing of potential baby names...less so. Way to kill the joyous mood, kiddo.

I'm not going to say anything about the phone. I think all has been said enough about it at this point.

Good episode. Good mix of menace and action, and drama. Along with lots of zombies. I don't think Carol's dead--but this is TWD and she could be in for a lot worse if she isn't.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Ok, i had to go online and read to even find out, i thought Carol was alive, didn't realize we were suppose to think she was dead at all until they started digging a grave for her.
    Why would you dig a grave for bodies you don't have? Just put a marker down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Ok, i had to go online and read to even find out, i thought Carol was alive, didn't realize we were suppose to think she was dead at all until they started digging a grave for her.
    Glenn was just bitch making the prisoners perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    Glenn was just bitch making the prisoners perhaps?
    Well, Glenn's a dick.
    I guess my thing is, and this could just be my own fault, you don't kill a main character offscreen in the middle of a season of a show.
    You can do it if the actor leaves or something, but she didn't quit, so that's just not done.
    As far as the "well, Tdogs sacrifice would have been for nothing" deal, i don't buy that, that's not a promise she lived. But killing her offscreen after this long and not even having the characters look for her? Nah.

Oh, and btw, i think it came up here, i asked my wife on the whole baby eating thing, and she reminded me our son ate very very very little his first month or after being born, so i guess they don't need to eat a great deal. And he did eat very little, we had this tiny bottles and he would drink maybe a couple ounces, and he was totaly healthy.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well one thing is for certain with this show.... over the past 2 seasons sales for the Walking Dead single issues has increased by 40,000+ . That is pretty wild in today's time.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I was assuming they'd try to retrieve her body when they cleared the walkers out. They obviously treat each other, the core group, like family and would want her to have a proper burial. I still think she's alive. Also Glenn wasn't making the prisoners do bitch work. Glenn was actually digging and they offered to help.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    I was assuming they'd try to retrieve her body when they cleared the walkers out. They obviously treat each other, the core group, like family and would want her to have a proper burial. I still think she's alive. Also Glenn wasn't making the prisoners do bitch work. Glenn was actually digging and they offered to help.
    Probably shouldn't have filled it in then.

I know these guys have been a long way from "thinking normal" for a long time, but digging a grave that isn't going to have anything in it is slightly unhinged.

Plus, here's the conjecture: Someone already suggested that maybe there wasn't anything in Lori's grave? Well, OK, but I thought that that was part of what rick was doing, as crazy as he was, retrieving remains. spoilers:
    This spoiler for the tragically sensitive about spoilers: Or maybe he just gave up on it when he realized he had to do surgery to get them? Well, in any case, I still haven't seen ANY video evidence that Carol's grave is inhabited. So that's two empty graves.
    end of spoilers

And folks, that's a bit effed up, really. And frankly, just between you, me, and the light post? I wouldn't be planting graves in the middle of land that I intended for farming use later. I'd be putting them outside the outer fence. But just to ameliorate the ones who are going to cry out "But that's dangerous!", fine. Put them in the 10 foot area between the two perimeter fences, if you're worried about the zombies. I still would consider that usable arable land, though.

I know these guys are operating on the edge of reason, but if they're serious about this prison, it's time to start getting long-range. T-dog started it when he mentioned the water situation in the first episode. Gotta move the bodies out, dig a canal. And I sure as hell wouldn't be resting on my laurels about having one (two?) cellblocks cleared. My next mission (or next after next, it's planting season, folks!) is going to be clearing out the whole damned prison. PERIOD. The whole idea that they're happy all hunkered down in a small portion (or even half, don't get semantic on me) is simple plot-induced stupidity. I wouldn't be happy at all thinking that there was even ONE SINGLE zombie in inside the fences. So, yeah, time to clean house, top-to-bottom. Time to plant whatever the hell it is they can scavenge up to plant. Yeah, time to send out a party to go find seeds, and hunt down more formula, too.

Time to get busy working on the future. Anything else that isn't full-on emergency is poor scripting. Thing is, they can (and probably will) side-step it all by throwing another emergency at them next week.

And I think the governor hunts Michonne down, duh. Can't let her run loose. I'm betting that no one has ever walked from their fortress and lived.
    Last edited by Dreadstar; 11-13-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

OH, and for GOD'S SAKE, find some long-range communications, you freaking morons.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    I know these guys have been a long way from "thinking normal" for a long time, but digging a grave that isn't going to have anything in it is slightly unhinged.

Plus, here's the conjecture: Someone already suggested that maybe there wasn't anything in Lori's grave? Well, OK, but I thought that that was part of what rick was doing, as crazy as he was, retrieving remains. spoilers:
    This spoiler for the tragically sensitive about spoilers: Or maybe he just gave up on it when he realized he had to do surgery to get them? Well, in any case, I still haven't seen ANY video evidence that Carol's grave is inhabited. So that's two empty graves.
    end of spoilers

And folks, that's a bit effed up, really. And frankly, just between you, me, and the light post? I wouldn't be planting graves in the middle of land that I intended for farming use later. I'd be putting them outside the outer fence. But just to ameliorate the ones who are going to cry out "But that's dangerous!", fine. Put them in the 10 foot area between the two perimeter fences, if you're worried about the zombies. I still would consider that usable arable land, though.

I know these guys are operating on the edge of reason, but if they're serious about this prison, it's time to start getting long-range. T-dog started it when he mentioned the water situation in the first episode. Gotta move the bodies out, dig a canal. And I sure as hell wouldn't be resting on my laurels about having one (two?) cellblocks cleared. My next mission (or next after next, it's planting season, folks!) is going to be clearing out the whole damned prison. PERIOD. The whole idea that they're happy all hunkered down in a small portion (or even half, don't get semantic on me) is simple plot-induced stupidity. I wouldn't be happy at all thinking that there was even ONE SINGLE zombie in inside the fences. So, yeah, time to clean house, top-to-bottom. Time to plant whatever the hell it is they can scavenge up to plant. Yeah, time to send out a party to go find seeds, and hunt down more formula, too.

Time to get busy working on the future. Anything else that isn't full-on emergency is poor scripting. Thing is, they can (and probably will) side-step it all by throwing another emergency at them next week.

And I think the governor hunts Michonne down, duh. Can't let her run loose. I'm betting that no one has ever walked from their fortress and lived.
    I think clearing out the rest of the prison should be a priority, but the Axel and Oscar mentioned the fence being down on the other side of the place. So while the interior could be cleared out, there's still the issue of securing the perimeter. I hope this is addressed at some point in time. Might not matter, though, since there are so few in the group and they're light two to three people now. They've found the generator room, cafeteria, they've cleared out at least two cell blocks (and after Rick's rampage, maybe more than that at this point), and all they need to find is the armory (not sure they found this yet). And they've got a nice patch of land to farm on already.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post

end of spoilers

I actually mentioned the farming issue to my wife, she said that she thought they didn't intend to use the area there, but the area inside the other fence.

As for the survivial concerns...yeah, it's stupid, but i am still working under the theory that every zombie story is in a world where they don't have zombie fiction. It just doesn't exsist, so they never had the time to think up what you should do in the situation.

I actually mentioned the farming issue to my wife, she said that she thought they didn't intend to use the area there, but the area inside the other fence.

As for the survivial concerns...yeah, it's stupid, but i am still working under the theory that every zombie story is in a world where they don't have zombie fiction. It just doesn't exsist, so they never had the time to think up what you should do in the situation.
    Any fenced in area is farming land, and some outside the fence as well. Lack of zombie fiction shouldn't preclude common sense. Basically, the subtext I'm getting from what the writers are putting out there for us to see is that these guys truly are getting more and more unhinged and incapable of reasoning through to the future. Well, maybe not "incapable," but certainly having a really difficult time seeing what needs to be done.

Priority 1 and 1A: Start crops and clear the remainder of the prison. After that, you can leisurely consider what to do about the fence on the other side. Hell, I already mentioned setting up a zombie trap using the sirens at a remote location. The governor's group has been setting traps without anything nearly as distracting. Displace the sirens elsewhere, lure the zombies out of the "other side", fix the fence, or barricade, or whatever. No hurry for THAT step, just offering solutions.