Page 20 of 129 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Wow, it's like the zero-sum theory of black guys in the show. An equal number of black guys must be added and subtracted to the show at any given time to balance the equation. Too bad. And Lori, holy crap. I didn't expect her to die so quickly. I figured they would drag it out a bit longer.
    end of spoilers.

BANNED

Season 3 is the anti-season 2. Sophia would have died and been found in one episode if it were season 3.

Anyway, this episode... wow.

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, we knew he was dead the moment he had a few lines, and then he had to go and get some characterization! He was walking dead at that point.
    one of the reasons why i hate the writers. and the many reasons why i have a love hate relationship with this show. they made a generic black character, gave him the most steretypical (even outdated) slang name t-dog, and then did nothing with the character, hell he barely spoke. and when he even got a whiff of character development they offed him. and the less we say about the females the better.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly the comics have well developed characters ?

Because let me inform you now , the books will go issues...and issues without developing anyone. Maggie herself took maybe 20+ issues before she really became a developed character beyond sex with Glen . Shane died within 6 issues and we never got a look at his character. Beth being Hershel's daughter , died so quick with no development. There was no Darryl Dixon . Carol herself beyond having sex with Tyrese , killed herself in a dumb way.

So follow the comics ? Really ? I hope not...because they can do more with the comics. If they followed the comics we'd have a 1 dimensional Governor . No Darryl , no cool spot where Rick killed 2 guys last season in like a saloon gun fight. No spot where we saw character development where Shane lost it .
    i vehemently disagree about Maggie, plus carol was about as developed as the comic version, plus the women were better written, and Andrea KICKED ASS!! and Carl wasn't a nuisance.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

BANNED

Wink

I thought the comic spent a much longer time doing a bad job with the ladies than the show has. Outside of Andrea being a dumb bitch, and Lori being (as she is in the comics) a dumb bitch, too, it's done a much better job with them.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Season 3 is the anti-season 2. Sophia would have died and been found in one episode if it were season 3.

Anyway, this episode... wow.
    season 2 is definitely at a brisker tighter pace no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    I thought the comic spent a much longer time doing a bad job with the ladies than the show has. Outside of Andrea being a dumb bitch, and Lori being (as she is in the comics) a dumb bitch, too, it's done a much better job with them.
    perhaps, but i personally still prefer the comic's characterization. as for the governor i think he's the only thing the show improved on. that actor is pretty good.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    i vehemently disagree about Maggie, plus carol was about as developed as the comic version, plus the women were better written, and Andrea KICKED ASS!! and Carl wasn't a nuisance.
    Carol was pretty lackluster. In fact she was so lackluster as a character in the comics , her key moments was basically being with Tyrese , losing her freaking mind over it when she saw him with Michonne and letting a zombie kill her .

Carl showed tonight , he is HARD . He isn't a nuisance at all...not in this season.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

BANNED

I think the prison being a dark and dangerous place is an improvement. It's at least a little more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Exactly, and they immediately replaced him with another single token black guy. There's just no way to say that that isn't what they've done in this case.

The Walking Dead suffers from Friends Syndrome. On Friends we were supposed to believe that over the course of how ever many seasons that everyone in New York except ONE black woman and ONE asian woman were apparently ALL white. Atlanta has a sizeable African American population, but again we are expected to believe that there is ONE asian guy, ONE black guy, and ONE black woman in the entire region apparently.

Trust me, on this show Rick & the gang are NEVER going to run into an entire group of African American's. And heaven help the new token black guy if that one dad from season one ever comes back, because then he'll get the T-Dog treatment for sure.
    Morgan and Dwayne are black. So were Jaqui and T-Dog. Michonne (and her pets). 3 of the 5 surviving prisoners. Army guys (in the chopper and in the unit). One of the Governor's main guys (dude with the bow), Woodbury's doctor, and several other of its citizens. And let's not forget countless walkers.

I'm not saying there's an overwhelming representation or anything, but "Friends syndrome" is a bit of an extreme conclusion.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-05-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    She will likely stumble onto something else in the prison. Like maybe vehicles or a room stocked with weapons and all. Which shocks me they haven't yet.
    Well, you gotta figure that the guards at the prison used the weapons themselves before being overwhelmed. So it's not like they have ammo packs just laying around.

Probably the best single episode of the entire series so far, and that's saying something.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Probably the best single episode of the entire series so far, and that's saying something.
    Yeah, I have to agree. Great episode. Best one so far.

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Wow. Yeah, I had some dust in my eyes at the end of this episode. This played out like a mid-season finale or season finale. Best episode yet. It was emotional.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin