As last seasons cliffhanger at the end showed , this is no longer a democracy...he makes the rules and they follow ! Now onto the season opener and skip down....
- I'm not really a big fan of time jumps. In this one 6-7 months have passed for our merry gang of survivors. Skipping winter as now its spring/summer . The group has basically evolved with Rick completely in charge and everyone listening . Carol herself claims she knows he's done his best to keep them alive and better than Shane would have. The group has became a tight zombie killing unit with Glen and Carl now being more in charge and killing zombies left and right,
Another reason for the time jump is the fact Carl is aging quicker than we can see and the producers went with a time jump for that reason. At some point after season 4 , the producers will have to recast Carl more than likely due to his aging out of the role so quick.
- I was happy they actually showed the steps the group took to clear the prison. Instead of a quick snappy solution. With Rick pushing his tired group to do what they can to get inside to better conditions.
- Michonne was in great rare action and did an awesome job . She took out a bunch and her storyline with Andrea is a nice one I think. Bringing them together as a close combo.
- I was happy the Governor hasn't showed up yet. I would hate to see him crammed in so quick.
- And sadly Hershal loses his leg and has it chopped off by Rick so infection won't spread. But Hershal is bleeding out. And they discover the prisoners there.
It should be interesting to see if Hershal will die in this next episode or if he lives and becomes like Dale (on a leg).