View Poll Results: Favorite book?

Voters
162. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Dark Knight Returns

21 12.96%
  • Year One

29 17.90%
  • Killing Joke

12 7.41%
  • Hush

4 2.47%
  • Morrisons run

28 17.28%
  • Court of Owls

2 1.23%
  • Long Halloween

17 10.49%
  • Dark Victory

4 2.47%
  • Arkham Asylum

4 2.47%
  • Knightfall

4 2.47%
  • No Mans Land

7 4.32%
  • Black Mirror

9 5.56%
  • Death in the Family

1 0.62%
  • Bruce Wayne Murder/Fugitive

1 0.62%
  • Other

19 11.73%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Have to put the notch in Year One over the fanboys voting for Morrison. Morrison is on the bottom of my list.

I voted A Death in the Family which was my 1st Batman comic that I got at age of seven or ten. It along with the Burton Bat movies showed me tgat Batman could also be serious. Plus made me want to start collecting Batman comics to see how much different they were form what I had seen in the two Burton flims and tv.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It got too popular so fans suddenly don't like it.
    Exactly. The inevitable backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by RecentlyReturned View Post
    Have to put the notch in Year One over the fanboys voting for Morrison. Morrison is on the bottom of my list.
    Of course, anyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy.

That said, Year One's a helluva thing and one of the first Batman comics I read as a kid. Impressed the hell out of me then and does now, still. Even Morrison's a Miller and Mazzucchelli fan.

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Of course, anyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy.

That said, Year One's a helluva thing and one of the first Batman comics I read as a kid. Impressed the hell out of me then and does now, still. Even Morrison's a Miller and Mazzucchelli fan.
    I voted for Year One largely because I've never experienced as strong a reaction in any other story than I did when I reached the section where Batman blows a hole in the wall and lays down the law to the assorted guests. Perfect. Absolutely perfect synchronisation of art and dialogue that sums up everything Batman should be. Terrifying, inspiring, taking it to the untouchables of the crime world.

Gordon sitting on the bed. Gordon walking up the stairs with his runny nose. Bruce in the plane. Bruce desperate and dumb, doing that crazy vet thing. Selina and Holly's excitement, the inspiration drawn off Batman.

And, it's the rare Batman comic that means a lot, that has a ton of relevance and things to talk about, but isn't remotely preachy. It's influenced not only virtually every Batman comic to come since, but movies, novels, paintings that aren't about Batman at all. It casts a wide, vivid, and lively shadow.

I had to go with Year One simply because it's such a fundamental Batman story.

I can't think of one thing wrong with it.

Loved Knightfall, LOVED Morrison's run, ... lots of good stuff on this list.

Year One tied with Morrison's run! Ground breaking!

Year One for me; I'm actually reading it tonight just for the hell of it lol

Damn - I lent Year One and The Dark Knight Returns (along with all of Akira) to a friend years ago and I haven't seen him since. I really want them back!

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, because the book did so well that they're already planning volume 2. The script is already being written. Geoff Johns mentioned it in an interview he did around when Batman: Earth One came out.

Maybe there wasn't a big buzz online about it, but there was every where else. So be glad that the internet doesn't get the last word all the time. (For example: Stephanie Brown) We're probably going to get more than just one volume. I believe there will be at least a few more volumes after volume 2. I believe that Superman: Earth One wil also get a lot of volumes after volume 2.

So we win on this one!
    You think because I noted some people didn't like the book I think the book didn't do well commercially? That's quite a leap.

Fortunately, nuts on the internet don't get the last word.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

I chose Other, my favorite book is "Batman Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader?" I first checked it out at my local library & fell in love with it. Then awhile later I searched for it at my local comic shop & I was lucky enough to have found a copy, the deluxe edition even. It was a good day c:

What I like the most about it is the short story on Poison Ivy in the back titled "Pavane." It was when they rewrote Ivy's history & Jason Woodrue came into the picture & it was how she got poisoned by him & not Marc LeGrande. The story of her poisoning by Woodrue is far more interesting imo.

The main story in the book is also interesting to me. The artwork is cool & the story... it really makes you think. It was Neil Gaiman's last Batman story, he also contributed to the story of Pavane as well I believe. I love the art style of Pavane, very old school looking like Ivy in the 60's being in & out of prison & showing how she had become more insane as time had gone on.
    Last edited by →♯➊➇ ☯ Ivy; 11-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.

FF purist-snob

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Batman: Odyssey is better plus it had more dinosaurs.
    I loved Odyssey. The key to that book was keeping a feeling of fun there and not getting too serious about it.

However, my favorite Batman book is Batman: Black and White. It has multiple creators and teams all doing a taste of Batman and although not all of the stories were great, many were very good and the mix held my interest.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

Morrisons run beating TDKR, of course.

I wonder if in ten years Morrisons run will still get the fandom it has now.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Morrisons run beating TDKR, of course.

I wonder if in ten years Morrisons run will still get the fandom it has now.
    Probably. It is the defining run on the character.