Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonyleopard View Post
    Question though, why NOT follow up on Spider-Men. If there's to be nothing of any importance to come from it any time in the near future, why bother doing the story now at all other than for sales? (Or am I answering my own question)?
    Bendis suggested on twitter that he did have a follow-up in mind.

It may take a while to get there. The guy has a habit of setting certain things up years in advance. Ultimate Spider-Man #72-77 paid off a plot point from Ultimate Spider-Man #1.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    Something that Steve even said DURING the panel-- while we were all dancing around the spoilers-- was... (and he was serious)...

"Thanks, Dan. For making the world's most unpromotable comic."

:-D
    Hm, that's an interesting thing to say, really.

Quote Originally Posted by the Dagman View Post
    That's a sig worthy quote. And a pretty nice thing for a boss to say regarding the leader of his team.
    Slott is easily the best Spider-Man writer of the past 20 years, so I want to put some trust as to what is going to happen. Still, I'm a tad bit nervous. My dream has been to see Peter and MJ back together again. It seems like we are so close, yet so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Togo View Post
    Slott is easily the best Spider-Man writer of the past 20 years, so I want to put some trust as to what is going to happen. Still, I'm a tad bit nervous. My dream has been to see Peter and MJ back together again. It seems like we are so close, yet so far.
    My dream is that one Peter Parker doesn't die every year. My heart can't take it.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonyleopard View Post
    I'm not totally sure I understand that answer. While yes, it's Bendis's story, YOU are writing the version of the character that he used. Doesn't that affect your own continuity, I mean afterall, Mysterio is now in the Ultimate Universe. Please tell me you will ignore that point and use Mysterio in a story, ignoring that fact, just because Bendis wrote it.

Usually there's a sort of acknowledgement that a character has indeed done something in some other story regardless of who wrote it. I would figure, just for continuity sake of Spidey's villians that'd be something that should be at least mentioned in a thought balloon at some point.
    Hes saying following up on Miles in the 616 is something Bendis laid groundwork for and something Bendis would probably like to write. He doesnt feel the need to follow up on that as its not his story. He could later decide hed like to.... but ultimately, it seems more likely that Bendis might get another crack at it in a new mini.

As to Mysterio.... Until Dan wants to use him again, its really a non issue on where he is currently. Couldnt Bendis follow up on that aspect of things over in the Ultimate books? (Even sending him back to 616 if he wanted to / Dan asked him to?)