Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    They're going with their big guns. Probably safe for the ratings. Smart strategy.
    Except you can't do the same stories over and over without people becoming entirely bored with them.

Are we gonna have a Hulk misunderstanding episode again?

Leader wan't in a Movie though. Just his alter ego.
    Well, he was in EMH.

It looks like Wolverine, Red Skull and the Leader are confirmed by the toy line.
    http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?c...0&itemid=15773
    The fact that there IS a toy line bodes well for the new shows immediate future.
    How it will sell is anybody guess, of course.

The suits don't see much of a point to cartoons that don't push merch.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Except you can't do the same stories over and over without people becoming entirely bored with them.
    Beyond the fact that we don't know that they're going to "do the same stories over and over", the internet is rarely a good indication of real life. For all the whining about how characters like Batman, Wolverine and the Avengers are "overexposed" and "people are gonna be sick of them", they're still pretty consistently popular and strong sellers.

BANNED

Beyond the fact that we don't know that they're going to "do the same stories over and over", the internet is rarely a good indication of real life. For all the whining about how characters like Batman, Wolverine and the Avengers are "overexposed" and "people are gonna be sick of them", they're still pretty consistently popular and strong sellers.
    We'll see. I mean, how many times can Spider-Man's origin be told?

We'll see. I mean, how many times can Spider-Man's origin be told?
    There are different mediums and audiences. Rami's first Spider Man movie came out over 10 years ago.
    There are a whole new generation of kids/teens out there who probably didn't see Spider Man 1.

They showed a short clip of the Hulk cartoon when I was at C2E2 last year and I had mixed feeling about this. It's not the Hulk that I know but it seems like a lot of fun (lots of smashing). As far as using the "same old characters", we have to remember these cartoons are aimed at children and I don't know many children that give a crap about a lame hero that know one will remember in 2 years let alone now.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Mal
    "Thatís why I need Ruby Quartz glasses, íCause when I glance thereís a chance I might blast the masses" - Evidence

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    There are different mediums and audiences. Rami's first Spider Man movie came out over 10 years ago.
    There are a whole new generation of kids/teens out there who probably didn't see Spider Man 1.

Movies aren't exactly things that disappear.

Because lord knows Amazing Spider-Man was a total box office bomb because kids are sick of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Naw Avengers: EMH was shit writing and animation it sucks about YJ being gone but....it was still better than all the shit marvel put out since WAXMen
    What was shit about it? I didn't think the animation was bad, but I wasn't a fan of most of the character designs.

Are we gonna have a Hulk misunderstanding episode again?

Well, he was in EMH.
    I don't see how using the movie cast automatically means we'll be getting the same stories over and over. Looking at the last 3 Spider-Man cartoons as an example, are all pretty distinct from one another.

Besides Marvel would be foolish not to use the now most famous cast of the Avengers for this cartoon.

Jeph Loeb.
    Urgh...reeaaaaaaaally starting 2 heavily dislike dat guy.