BANNED

Default Del Ray announces two more Star Wars novels at NYCC

NYCC Del Rey Star Wars panel announcements:
    -New Han Solo classic era novel written by James S. A. Correy. Part of the new "Rebels" series of stand alone novels set in the Classic era.
    -New novel by John Jackson Miller tentatively titled KENOBI. Novel is set after the events of Episode III. Promotional artwork seen here by Chris Scalf.
    More from JJM:
    At New York Comic-Con, Random House/Del Rey announced my next novel ó and itís big: Star Wars: Kenobi! Itís a hardcover release for late 2013.

Kenobi is a sweeping story thatís part epic western, part high-stakes drama, part romance ó but itís all Star Wars, taking place in the early days of Obi-Wanís exile to Tatooine. I shouldnít expand too much beyond what Random House said on its panel and Facebook page, but I can say this. Iíve been working on this concept for years ó Iíll talk more about that process later on ó and the basics are pretty simple. The greatest hero in the galaxy faces his toughest challenge yet: He must stop being Obi-Wan ó and become Crazy Old Ben.

I'll list preorder information as it becomes available. In the meantime, check out my Author Page for more books -- and my Twitter feed for updates!
    http://www.farawaypress.com/fiction/books/swkenobi.html

BANNED

on the @DelReyStarWars twitter:
    From our #StarWars panel, Golden's Sword of the Jedi series will also feature Jag, Tahiri, Ben Skywalker, and Allana. #SWEU #NYCC

BANNED

even more books!

on the @DelReyStarWars twitter:

"Del Rey editor Frank Parisi on @Paulskemp duology "Can't talk about it yet but it will f'ing blow your minds!" #NYCC #SWEU"

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I hope this doesn't slow down Abraham and Franck (AKA Corey) on their Expanse series. It's not quite there yet, but it's been a pleasant surprise over the last two or three years. Solid science fiction, with a reasonably Han Solo-like lead.
    Expletive Deleted

Kenobi has me excited.

(err...you know what I mean)
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

I saw the Kenobi mock up cover while waiting to meet Timothy Zahn. I'm looking foward to it even more now that I read a little bit of the synopsis.

I wonder what Del Rey's going to do now that the new trilogy has been announced that will ignore the books. I'm sure Star Wars novels will still get published, but there's probably going to be some major changes up ahead.

Same with Dark Horse, I wonder how this impact their new ongoing comic.

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder what Del Rey's going to do now that the new trilogy has been announced that will ignore the books. I'm sure Star Wars novels will still get published, but there's probably going to be some major changes up ahead.
    We'll probably see the same thing as with Star Trek: some novels that are based on the new continuity that will come with Star Wars VII: Jafar's revenge, and others that are set in the old expanded universe continuity.
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

There haven't been any novels based on the latest Trek movie-just the comics. There were scheduled, but were cancelled. In particular there was going to be one with Vulcan survivors.

I'll definitely read Kenobi: Obi-Wan is my favorite character in the series, so win-win.

Waiting to hear exactly what the previously announced Dawn of the Jedi novel will cover to determine if I will read it.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...