Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NYCC LIVE: DC Comics -- The New 52 Superman

CBR is LIVE from New York Comic Con where DC Comics writer Scott Lobdell, artists Mahmud Asrar, Rags Morales and more talk about the future of the Superman books.

Full article here.

I may have to pick up Supergirl again if flash is going to show up. Where are the images of Supes fighting super doomsday, and S-Boy/batman?
    Last edited by protege; 10-11-2012 at 04:08 PM.

HOnestly, am i the only one who dislike the new Costume for Superman.

I also don't really care for the new costume. Black is Batman's color, Supes doesn't really need to start taking more elements from the character to be relevant in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I also don't really care for the new costume. Black is Batman's color, Supes doesn't really need to start taking more elements from the character to be relevant in my opinion.
    It seems to be a reason that Superman needs to be wearing the Solar suit and Superboy needs to wear Clarks Blue suit. They say its gonna be explained in the Hell on Earth Cross-over.

Looking forward to the next year of superman comics.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I may have to pick up Supergirl again if flash is going to show up. Where are the images of Supes fighting super doomsday, and S-Boy/batman?
    Here's a link
    Dc Comics
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Haha, Superman looks so out of place in his street clothes with the League, I like the contrast. Looks like the kid jacks his costume and he's not getting another one until the point he travels back in time to Krypton.

Also, when Morrison talks about "Super Doomsday", are we talking about the same character that showed up in the President Superman issue? If so I might have been right on all along when I said maybe it was that thing that kills Superman in this continuity. Second part of my theory was that a restored Mxy wishes him back to life as thanks.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-11-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    Here's a link
    Dc Comics

Oh gosh I'm in love I lover every last thing on this page. Superman in the "year one" look with the JL? Yes mr Lobdell you have my attention now. Flying to the sun in seconds then back? Yes again. Oh yeah and did I mention STEEL!!!! Radiation suit Superman? Yes!

Oh and there was that small pic about that one guy...what's his name again? Oh right...SUPERDOOM IS BACK!!!! Grant you say on top sir

If the world actually tries to end I'm very sure that Superman will stop it just cuz he's got a sick year of comics coming!!!!!

......and now to actually read the panel lol

wonder if the official name is 'super doomsday' or 'superdoom'?

superdoom is more badass imo

though morrison's certainty that superman died makes me wonder if he's going to cover that in a flashback in an upcoming issue of action
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

When I first read the article and I read "Super Doomsday" I was afraid it meant the old Doomsday. But if he's talking about Superdoom, I have little doubt now its going to be responsible for Superman's death this time around. But it'll be a situation where no one knows he's gone because he'll be returned rather quickly, and when returned he will defeat Superdoom and Vyn.

BANNED

He specifically mentioned that Super Doomsday is a combination of Superman and Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    When I first read the article and I read "Super Doomsday" I was afraid it meant the old Doomsday. But if he's talking about Superdoom, I have little doubt now its going to be responsible for Superman's death this time around. But it'll be a situation where no one knows he's gone because he'll be returned rather quickly, and when returned he will defeat Superdoom and Vyn.

This seems to be the case. I thank god that Doomsday (the character with no substance) didn't kill Superman and that it was actually a 25 (or 27) year long plan made by a being who just didn't like Superman the moment he saw him from his 5th dimensional stand point (where you can see all of 3rd dimensional time).

The being then goes across time and space to make a plan to kill Superman. It all just culminates to a big Superman killing monster actually living up to it's name (I love that he is actually Superman himself showing that the only thing that can kill Superman is the loss of his ideal)

if this is all true then this is my death of Superman.

Okay, just saw the cover pic of Action #16, that's Superdoom alright. DC doesn't use the"Super Doomsday" description though and just refers to it as an "unnamed villain". Which is apt, Morrison never officially named him. And its probably to avoid the exact same confusion I initially had with people thinking they're talking about the Doomsday.

I'm very stoked. Where are all the people now complaining that the interlude then the President Superman issue were meaningless and incoherent?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-11-2012 at 06:52 PM.