Thread: We3 Discussion

Default We3 Discussion

I know it's an old title but I recently got We3 from Grant Morrison and I just finished reading it. Made me shed a few tears... For a 3 issues book it's pretty powerful.

Love We3. Though it is critically acclaimed, i never quite felt it got the recognition it deserved.

One of morrison's best. You really felt for these animals by the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Love We3. Though it is critically acclaimed, i never quite felt it got the recognition it deserved.
    I know, I don't think there is alot of people who know about this book.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookgodotcom View Post
    One of morrison's best. You really felt for these animals by the end there.
    Yeah man. Heartbreaking a little. After all the abuse they went through, at the end all they wanted was to find home and please their master.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    I know, I don't think there is alot of people who know about this book.

Yeah man. Heartbreaking a little. After all the abuse they went through, at the end all they wanted was to find home and please their master.

It is such a terrific book.
    Love the art, as always with Quitely.

Fantastic book. I have the deluxe edition and it's one of my favorite hardcovers.

It's in my list of 10 comics I recommend to new comic book readers to help acquaint them with the form.
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

I didn't like it so much and thought Seaguy was the better of the Morrison tri-release(?).

I guess I just didn't get it, as there are so many people that rate it very highly. I also thought the art was a bit confusing at times too, but I'm definitely not the biggest Quitely fan around.

I can watch hundreds of people die and execution videos on the internet and depending on who it is even take satisfaction in it. So I consider myself desensitized to many things, but WE3 hit me on a such a emotional and personal level. Idk if maybe it had something to do with my emotional attachment to animals in general but I WE3 had me in tears. The way people use animals and take advantage of their unconditional love and manipulate it to their own personal gain was what hit me the hardest. Just reconfirmed my hate in certian people in general. WE3 is a masterpiece I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfOfMibu1991 View Post
    I can watch hundreds of people die and execution videos on the internet and depending on who it is even take satisfaction in it. So I consider myself desensitized to many things, but WE3 hit me on a such a emotional and personal level. Idk if maybe it had something to do with my emotional attachment to animals in general but I WE3 had me in tears. The way people use animals and take advantage of their unconditional love and manipulate it to their own personal gain was what hit me the hardest. Just reconfirmed my hate in certian people in general. WE3 is a masterpiece I loved it.
    WTF? You're a cold hearted ********

Quote Originally Posted by Tar22 View Post
    It's in my list of 10 comics I recommend to new comic book readers to help acquaint them with the form.
    Me too.
    It. is. fab.
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!

And incredible story, very simple, yet incredibly moving.
    And what Frank Quitely accomplishes in this series... man, it should make some artists depressed of ever holding a pencil.