Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Matter of opinion since judging from the tone of post not much of a Klaus fan. Don't care for him much either but do see that not many see it that way.
    I personally like Klaus as a character... next to maybe Damon I think he does a better job of stealing any scene he's in better than any character on the show. Which I guess is why he's getting his own spin-off.

But I do think it's fair to say as a villain he at times comes off as anti-climatic. Really, for all the build up he got, he was essentially just a lonely guy wanting to make more hybrids like himself. As far as villainous agendas go, he was somewhat watered down... though again in hindsight that might be a good thing, if the plan now seems to be him carrying his own show.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I personally like Klaus as a character... next to maybe Damon I think he does a better job of stealing any scene he's in better than any character on the show. Which I guess is why he's getting his own spin-off.

But I do think it's fair to say as a villain he at times comes off as anti-climatic. Really, for all the build up he got, he was essentially just a lonely guy wanting to make more hybrids like himself. As far as villainous agendas go, he was somewhat watered down... though again in hindsight that might be a good thing, if the plan now seems to be him carrying his own show.
    I was intrigued by him at first, he had a rather intriguing start and was gradually becoming a fan of his till he started to act like a love sick puppy towards Caroline. That and whenever he does do terrible things it's usually due to the characters acting like complete idiots. There were some exceptions that I do love like turning Stefan evil and vamping Jenna but the majority boiled down to that he wouldn't have accomplished much if the characters weren't written as complete dumbasses. Eventhough I do like the scene of Klaus killing the hybrids and Tyler's mother as it reminded me of the Klaus I used to like it's also another example of him achieving that due to a character doing something stupid.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I will admit I nearly cheered when Stefan quipped "Tell Elena to calm down Damon, you're good at getting her to do what you want".

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think the idea was really that Damon was ALWAYS a bad guy with a purpose... when he first showed up he was a straight up villain like Klaus. I think the idea is that it's what he evolved into becoming.
    The problem is those days of being evil for no valid reason aren't 100% behind him. Remember: dude would of killed Matt had Elena not vamped out and saved him. That is the same whiney pouty side of Damon that made him snap Jeremy's neck when Elena rejected him. This especially shows his "love" for Elena considering she died to protect Matt.
    Last edited by Surtur; 02-02-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I admit I like Stefan better whenever he's not chasing after Elena.

Also Rebekah is starting to grow on me. They seem to be trying to make her into more of a complex character than a ice cold bitch 24/7.

Also Rebekah is starting to grow on me. They seem to be trying to make her into more of a complex character than a ice cold bitch 24/7.
    I will admit I was hoping that for some reason Elena would walk in on them dancing in the school gym. If there was ever something that would snap her out of that sire bond it would be that.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Matter of opinion since judging from the tone of post not much of a Klaus fan. Don't care for him much either but do see that not many see it that way.
    Eh, I don't hate Klaus, at worst he just bores me, but I think it'd be hard for even his biggest fans to argue that his actual presence/threat level since he debuted measures up to the shadowy threat we heard about leading up to that. It's actually a problem the show has with all its villains, look at Michael too. They're great at hyping a big bad in advance, but once they appear in show they don't carry nearly the same presence the show built us up to expect.

But then again, if Klaus had the same presence on the show as he had in the episodes leading up to his first true appearance, its not like he'd be getting his own spin off. Nigh all-powerful threats that all other characters flee from in terror makes for great edge of your seat moments, but not an ongoing episodic story. Kinda hard to build an ensemble cast around a character when all interactions with him consist of fight or flight.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I will admit I was hoping that for some reason Elena would walk in on them dancing in the school gym. If there was ever something that would snap her out of that sire bond it would be that.
    Actually glad she didn't. She choosed Damon so she has to stick with that choice. Otherwise she's Katherine 2.0 when it comes to manipulating both brothers.

The funny thing about Rebekah and Stefan is that they are SORT OF the reason they're all doing this. Rebekah is the one that killed Elena, and Stefan is the one that didn't save her. So it's weird that they sort of paired up as they're starting to find the cure for Elena.

As far as chasing Elena... as far as I'm concerned he hasn't stopped chasing her. The ONLY reason he wants the cure is to end the sire bond so he can know if Elena really prefers being with Damon over him. If he stopped caring about her, he wouldn't be bothering with the cure at this point.

So maybe I might like Stefan more whenever he hasn't been chasing Elena... the problem is I don't think we've ever seen that.

Actually glad she didn't. She choosed Damon so she has to stick with that choice. Otherwise she's Katherine 2.0 when it comes to manipulating both brothers.
    There's no way Elena can't look a BIT shady by being involved with 2 brothers.

But in the least, I think the way she went from one to the other was reasonably clean. She didn't do anything with Damon until after Stefan broke up with her. So while arguably insensitive to Stefan, she at least didn't technically do anything wrong relationship wise.

If she did, that would probably put her in Katherine territory.

I'm wondering if Jeremy still has the ability to see ghosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    That might come in handy I suppose if they wanted to try and get some information about Silas or the cure. Assuming anyone back then would be willing to talk to Jeromy. Usually he can only talk to people who have had a connection with him. But he was able to get Rose.

I'll bet Ester knows about Silas. When she created vampires, that was essentially an immortality spell. So she might have gotten it from studying him or something like that. Course, even if they could talk to her I'm not sure they could trust her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    Totally forgot about that. Why could he do that in the first place?
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Totally forgot about that. Why could he do that in the first place?
    He was able to do it, because he died and Bonnie magically brought him back to life.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Doubtful. Tyler had to break every bone in his body a hundred+ times in order to free himself from the sire bond. It's unlikely that a bit of jealousy would have done it for Elena.

Not really. If her choosing Damon was brought about by the sire bond, then she has every right to denounce that choice once/if the bond is broken because, ultimately, it wasn't really her choice to begin with. And the obvious difference between her and Katherine is that Katherine got off on jerking the Salvatores around. Elena doesn't seem to be having any fun watching them go at one another.

Actually glad she didn't. She choosed Damon so she has to stick with that choice.
    At the same time she also chose Stefan too, so should she not stick with that choice? The one she made without any kind of mental influence. I just hope she doesn't act all upset/jealous over Stefan and Rebecca because she has absolutely zero room to speak on that given what she did. Plus if she is truly in love with Damon Stefan and Rebecca won't cause her the slightest bit of grief.

Otherwise she's Katherine 2.0 when it comes to manipulating both brothers.
    She pretty much already kinda entered Katherine territory last season. See her making out with Damon and then a few days later turning around and choosing Stefan(if you have to make out and/or get groped by one dude to find out if you have feelings for him or for his brother that should immediately be a read flag). Granted she doesn't get off on it like Katherine, but she was certainly still aware of what she was doing.
    Last edited by Surtur; 02-03-2013 at 04:05 PM.