Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Pretty surprising that Matt still remains as the only character that's not morally corrupt. Given the crap he's gone through. When thinking about it I'm surprised he hasn't contemplated in moving away from Mystic Falls just to get away from the madness.
    Once they graduate from high school, I DO wonder if Matt might consider moving away. He's literally got no family or love interest tying him to Mystic falls. I'd even go so far as to say he'd be stupid NOT to leave. If they wanna keep him on the show I almost think they at least need to give him a girlfriend or something. Maybe a human Rebekah or something. They seem to have her leaning towards Stefan at the moment... but there's no way in hell they've got any real future. That's just killing time until the sire bond is gone and they can go back into love triangle mode.

I do think it's sort of interesting how in one episode Stefan and Caroline were discussing how they all weren't necessarily any better than Klaus. And while you can argue Klaus was certainly worse, it was nonetheless an entirely valid point. For example, you can argue Stefan (supposedly the good brother) murdering Andie in season 3 was just as bad as anything Klaus has done. Stefan wasn't being compelled or anything... and he didn't murder Andie to save the world from evil or anything inherently noble like that. He murdered her JUST to send Damon a message... like Klaus murderering Tylers mom was supposed to send Tyler a message.

Obviously Stefan acts that way far less often, but the point is you can say at his worst he's just as bad as Klaus. Which I guess is good for Klaus if hes getting his own show.

BTW I liked the conversation between Damon and Klaus that relates to the subject why they do the terrible things that they do. It drove home how different they are from eachother in that Damon does what he does for a reason while Klaus does it with no reason whatsoever.
    The problem I have with the conversation is that Damon acts like he's never done anything bad without a valid reason to do so.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If that's the case, the only one it really screws over is Rebekah. She's the only vamp that seems to flat out want to be human.

I think Stefan only wanted it to be with Elena... but that's somewhat of a question mark. I do wonder if Damon would want it IF Elena chose him after becoming human. He's never indicated that he wanted to be human or have a "normal" human relationship with Elena.. but considering he was only officially with her for like one day before all this started, it's understandable that he didn't have time to sit around thinking about it like Stefan has.

Part of me wonders if Caroline might want to be human too. I would presume not if she wants to be with Tyler, who has already made it clear he has no interest in the cure.
    I think Rebekah is screwed either way. Once Silas appears they'll have him murder her and trash Bonnie to establish that he is a major threat. Remember in one of the earlier episodes Shane said Witches are the most powerful?

Also you know how there were two witches? The witch that loved and helped Silas create the immortality spell was that a woman or a man?

Did they actually explain what Silas was besides an immortal? I must of missed that part.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Did they actually explain what Silas was besides an immortal? I must of missed that part.
    I can't remember but I think they said he was a powerful witch who fell in love with someone and created a spell so that they could be together forever. However before he could grant his lover immortality his friend witch got jealous and murdered Silas' lover and then trapped him underground.

Also Lucy is still alive. So Bonnie isn't the only Bennet Witch around.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Elder Member

Pretty surprising that Matt still remains as the only character that's not morally corrupt. Given the crap he's gone through. When thinking about it I'm surprised he hasn't contemplated in moving away from Mystic Falls just to get away from the madness.
    I can certainly understand why he'd be reluctant to just abandon the only life he's got. And I think it's a bit too simplistic to say that all the other characters are "morally corrupt."

Shane has only really said 3 things about Silan.

One, that he's a powerful witch. Two, that he's immortal. And three... he's a "bad @$$."

That's not a lot to go on. It's interesting to note that he's never referred to as a vampire, so one does have to wonder if he's got the physical states of a vamp (ie super strength, super speed, etc). In theory he might just be a witch that doesn't age. Though I would assume given the build up, the character would have to be at least more powerful than Klaus. But no way of knowing at this point.

The other thing we know is that he can raise the dead. That's a potentially handy ability I guess, when you consider that there are a few pretty darn powerful dead characters in the show... Ester, Micheal, Finn, Kol, etc. Though I think Shame implied he would raise the people that served him... that might only limit it to the town council and the vamp hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think Rebekah is screwed either way. Once Silas appears they'll have him murder her and trash Bonnie to establish that he is a major threat. Remember in one of the earlier episodes Shane said Witches are the most powerful?

Also you know how there were two witches? The witch that loved and helped Silas create the immortality spell was that a woman or a man?
    I believe it was a woman. I wonder if that woman ends up being a Bennet. That would explain why a Bennet witch specifically is needed to free Silas.

The problem I have with the conversation is that Damon acts like he's never done anything bad without a valid reason to do so.
    I don't think the idea was really that Damon was ALWAYS a bad guy with a purpose... when he first showed up he was a straight up villain like Klaus. I think the idea is that it's what he evolved into becoming.

And that essentially plants the seeds for Klaus to go that same route, which I guess he has to do if he's going to star in his own show.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shane has only really said 3 things about Silan.

One, that he's a powerful witch. Two, that he's immortal. And three... he's a "bad @$$."

That's not a lot to go on. It's interesting to note that he's never referred to as a vampire, so one does have to wonder if he's got the physical states of a vamp (ie super strength, super speed, etc). In theory he might just be a witch that doesn't age. Though I would assume given the build up, the character would have to be at least more powerful than Klaus. But no way of knowing at this point.

The other thing we know is that he can raise the dead. That's a potentially handy ability I guess, when you consider that there are a few pretty darn powerful dead characters in the show... Ester, Micheal, Finn, Kol, etc. Though I think Shame implied he would raise the people that served him... that might only limit it to the town council and the vamp hunter.
    That being said he better do something awesome when introduced. Otherwise it just becomes, all that hype yet nothing to show for it.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

That being said he better do something awesome when introduced. Otherwise it just becomes, all that hype yet nothing to show for it.
    Aka Klaus 2.0
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

My suspicion is that he'll end up being powerful enough to force Klaus (the most powerful guy on the show up to this point) to save the day. I figure if Klaus is getting a show, they need to sort of do something to really help launch him as "hero" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Aka Klaus 2.0
    Didn't know he's a hybrid.

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Didn't know he's a hybrid.
    I meant in terms of failing to live up to his foreshadowing/hype.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    I meant in terms of failing to live up to his foreshadowing/hype.
    Matter of opinion since judging from the tone of post not much of a Klaus fan. Don't care for him much either but do see that not many see it that way.