Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Killing Klaus isn't an option if he sired Damon, Stefan (and everyone else's) line. Elijah and Rebekah denied it was them, and it's obviously not Kol. So it had to be him.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

BTW I liked the conversation between Damon and Klaus that relates to the subject why they do the terrible things that they do. It drove home how different they are from eachother in that Damon does what he does for a reason while Klaus does it with no reason whatsoever.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    BTW I liked the conversation between Damon and Klaus that relates to the subject why they do the terrible things that they do. It drove home how different they are from eachother in that Damon does what he does for a reason while Klaus does it with no reason whatsoever.
    Yeah, I think it was very telling both for Damon and the direction they might take Klaus.

Sometimes on this show, you need a bad guy. When they vamped Bonnie's mom to save Elena (and the originals) it was a perfect example of that. It was a dick move. But it's nice to have a Damon on the team that's not only willing to go there, but can take the hit. If Stefan did it, Bonnie might have had trouble forgiving him. But she already sort of hates Damon anyways... so in a way he's kind of bullet proof to this sort of thing.

Although I suppose Damon is somewhat less useful as the group "bad guy" since the rest of the gang more and more are willing to go there.

Yeah, I think it was very telling both for Damon and the direction they might take Klaus.

Sometimes on this show, you need a bad guy. When they vamped Bonnie's mom to save Elena (and the originals) it was a perfect example of that. It was a dick move. But it's nice to have a Damon on the team that's not only willing to go there, but can take the hit. If Stefan did it, Bonnie might have had trouble forgiving him. But she already sort of hates Damon anyways... so in a way he's kind of bullet proof to this sort of thing.

Although I suppose Damon is somewhat less useful as the group "bad guy" since the rest of the gang more and more are willing to go there.
    That's part of the problem I have with the show. All the characters have done some morally questionable things so often that they might aswell stop calling out Damon on his crap. Yes Damon can be a dick but at least he admits it, the others would tend to act like self righteous hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    That's part of the problem I have with the show. All the characters have done some morally questionable things so often that they might aswell stop calling out Damon on his crap. Yes Damon can be a dick but at least he admits it, the others would tend to act like self righteous hypocrites.
    I guess to a degree that comes with the territory... but it is weird how much darker everyone has become lately.

When they killed that Hybrid to free Elena from the hunters curse, that was a pretty darn cold move. That poor guy risked his life to help free Elena and they had Jeromy chop the poor guys head off.

Even Elena this episode came off somewhat on the ruthless side... though I suppose daggering Rebekah isn't THAT bad.

But yeah... the cool thing about Damon is that he owns it. I think a part of the reason he owns is is because he wants to shoulder the team responsibility for it so others won't have to. It's sort of being a good guy by being a bad guy, in a weird sort of way. And I guess thats sort of the blue print Klaus might take.

Is everyone on this show a complete moron? Lets bring about the Apocalypse so we can fight Angels and Demons. I thought Kol was a terrible character until this episode. The only character with a brain.

Elena, Damon and Stephen are morons. Bonnie has lost the plot. These people are the reason that everyone in her life dies. Her mum and dad are going to die. And Rebekah, for crying out loud stop trusting these people, they'd sell you down the river to save Elena.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is everyone on this show a complete moron? Lets bring about the Apocalypse so we can fight Angels and Demons. I thought Kol was a terrible character until this episode. The only character with a brain.

Elena, Damon and Stephen are morons. Bonnie has lost the plot. These people are the reason that everyone in her life dies. Her mum and dad are going to die. And Rebekah, for crying out loud stop trusting these people, they'd sell you down the river to save Elena.
    In all fairness though, they don't know whether the whole apocalyse thing is true.

Elena issues aside, the vampire cure is a weapon... a weapon against Klaus, who they cannot kill without most of them dying, cannot be daggered, and who has just sworn to hunt down and kill all of them. So it's weighing a possible threat in Silas against a threat that they know exists and is currently trapped in their living room. You can argue that's a reasonable risk given what they know.

And the Rebekah thing is VERY risky on all sides. If I were the gang, I certainly wouldn't trust Rebekah. She has gone back on her word before and tried to kill them, like when she tried killing Elena and Matt at the end of last season even though they already made a deal with Elijah that they would be left alone. And Rebekah shouldn't trust them. The only one of them that likes her is Stefan... and he's already stabbed her in the back literally and figuratively. Plus, if everything goes according to plan and Rebekah is cured who is to say Damon won't kill her 3 seconds later? For Rebehak being human is a huge risk since a lot of people don't like her.

In all fairness though, they don't know whether the whole apocalyse thing is true.

Elena issues aside, the vampire cure is a weapon... a weapon against Klaus, who they cannot kill without most of them dying, cannot be daggered, and who has just sworn to hunt down and kill all of them. So it's weighing a possible threat in Silas against a threat that they know exists and is currently trapped in their living room. You can argue that's a reasonable risk given what they know.

And the Rebekah thing is VERY risky on all sides. If I were the gang, I certainly wouldn't trust Rebekah. She has gone back on her word before and tried to kill them, like when she tried killing Elena and Matt at the end of last season even though they already made a deal with Elijah that they would be left alone. And Rebekah shouldn't trust them. The only one of them that likes her is Stefan... and he's already stabbed her in the back literally and figuratively. Plus, if everything goes according to plan and Rebekah is cured who is to say Damon won't kill her 3 seconds later? For Rebehak being human is a huge risk since a lot of people don't like her.
    I think Kols reaction and knowledge is more then enough proof tbh. And Shanes craziness too. Also if the cure exists then it stands to reason that the person who created it exists and they'd be a reason why nobody dug him out after all this time. As for Klaus they desicated him before, they could do it again if they were that desperate especially with the power Bonnie has at the moment. In any case we kind of know how this is going to play out. Phantoms and the Celestial Court will probably appear once Silas tries to bring about the Apocalypse.

As for Rebekah, I felt sorry for her way back when Elena stabbed her in the back before prom.

One thing that did stick out for me in this episode was Kol playing video games and the line where he says he hold witches in very high esteem and that people today have lost faith. Seems like his story isn't finished. I think he'll come back along with everyone else who died like Lexie.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-01-2013 at 07:14 AM.

You know... I have this interesting theory about this "Cure" they are looking for. Wouldn't it be interesting if a cured vampire snapped to their physical age, not just the age they were turned at, but their ACTUAL age. You could cure recently turned Vampires safely, but Damon and Stephen would age to several hundred years old in seconds. So they would die.

That would add real weight to the decision to be cured. It wouldn't be a miracle cure for older Vampires, just a final release from their never ending hunger.

If it turns out to be the case, remember that I said it first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think Kols reaction and knowledge is more then enough proof tbh. And Shanes craziness too. Also if the cure exists then it stands to reason that the person who created it exists and they'd be a reason why nobody dug him out after all this time. As for Klaus they desicated him before, they could do it again if they were that desperate especially with the power Bonnie has at the moment. In any case we kind of know how this is going to play out. Phantoms and the Celestial Court will probably appear once Silas tries to bring about the Apocalypse.

As for Rebekah, I felt sorry for her way back when Elena stabbed her in the back before prom.

One thing that did stick out for me in this episode was Kol playing video games and the line where he says he hold witches in very high esteem and that people today have lost faith. Seems like his story isn't finished. I think he'll come back along with everyone else who died like Lexie.
    The thing is, even Kol doesn't know for sure. This was just something he was told. I'm not saying he's not necessarily right... but the current situation creates an immediate threat which does a pretty good job of counter balancing the hypothetical one of Silas.

So it's weighting a potential threat against a known one sitting in their living room that they can't kill and has flat out told them is going to kill them. It is comparing a real tangible known threat against essentially the hypothetical boogy man in the closet. I do think they should take Kols warnings seriously to a degree... but the tangible benefits of removing Klaus (and Rebekah if she willing takes the cure) as threats in addition to helping Elena I think make this course of action reasonable.

As far as Rebekah... at times I can kind of feel sorry for her. I sort of did last night. Though her doing stuff like murdering Elena and trying to kill Matt in the process makes it pretty easy to say he deserves whatever she gets.

As far as Kol returning... if they end up doing an Originals TV show I think it's possible they might want all the Originals around. So that's a definate possibility. And if Klaus ends up becoming a sort of protagonist for the new show (or a "bad guy with a purpose" like Damon tells him), it might be good to have a less watered down killer like Kol on the show. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    You know... I have this interesting theory about this "Cure" they are looking for. Wouldn't it be interesting if a cured vampire snapped to their physical age, not just the age they were turned at, but their ACTUAL age. You could cure recently turned Vampires safely, but Damon and Stephen would age to several hundred years old in seconds. So they would die.

That would add real weight to the decision to be cured. It wouldn't be a miracle cure for older Vampires, just a final release from their never ending hunger.

If it turns out to be the case, remember that I said it first.
    If that's the case, the only one it really screws over is Rebekah. She's the only vamp that seems to flat out want to be human.

I think Stefan only wanted it to be with Elena... but that's somewhat of a question mark. I do wonder if Damon would want it IF Elena chose him after becoming human. He's never indicated that he wanted to be human or have a "normal" human relationship with Elena.. but considering he was only officially with her for like one day before all this started, it's understandable that he didn't have time to sit around thinking about it like Stefan has.

Part of me wonders if Caroline might want to be human too. I would presume not if she wants to be with Tyler, who has already made it clear he has no interest in the cure.

Part of me wonders if Caroline might want to be human too. I would presume not if she wants to be with Tyler, who has already made it clear he has no interest in the cure.
    I hope not. She has become a better person as a vampire. And a MUCH more interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I hope not. She has become a better person as a vampire. And a MUCH more interesting character.
    I think the truth is that for SOME people, being a vampire is an improvement.

Caroline is the best example of that. Tyler I think became a better person when he became a werewolf, and later hybrid.

People say Elena is different as a vamp, but aside from having a somewhat stronger attraction to Damon (an attraction that was there anyways), I honestly have trouble telling the difference most of the time. In fact, there were a lot of times this season where I forgot that she's a vampire. You forget sometimes she's got super strength and super speed.

So I don't know if it's a failure on the part of the writing or the actress, or if we're supposed to say: "WTF are they talking about" when they go on and on about how different Elena is, because normally I can barely tell the difference.

Elder Member

I guess to a degree that comes with the territory... but it is weird how much darker everyone has become lately.
    Not really. It's impossible for them to live in that environment they're in, see the things they've seen, done the things they've done and not be changed by it. Hell, aside from Matt, none of them are really even normal human any more. It's only a matter of time before those changes take a toll on a fundamental level.

Pretty surprising that Matt still remains as the only character that's not morally corrupt. Given the crap he's gone through. When thinking about it I'm surprised he hasn't contemplated in moving away from Mystic Falls just to get away from the madness.