Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 795
  1. #361
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,440

    Default

    Seriously though I feel that Kol is going to live somehow. Like one other poster said with The Originals having their own spin off show then I can see the writers coming up with some kind of loophole to keep Kol alive.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  2. #362
    Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Seriously though I feel that Kol is going to live somehow. Like one other poster said with The Originals having their own spin off show then I can see the writers coming up with some kind of loophole to keep Kol alive.
    Well the other thing is the preview revolved around trying to kill Kol, which basically says it won't end up happening. The previews never actually telegraph what's going to happen, they're usually as misleading as possible.

    PREVIEW: In the next episode, the gang's going to try and kill Kol.
    NEXT EPISODE: The gang kills Kol.

    Umm, no. Don't see it happening.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

    Loser.

  3. #363
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Seriously though I feel that Kol is going to live somehow. Like one other poster said with The Originals having their own spin off show then I can see the writers coming up with some kind of loophole to keep Kol alive.
    Simply daggering Kol will end the compulsion. If they want to keep him around and free Damon, that's an easy enough way to do it.

    Though I still think they're going to do what Elena suggests and kill Kol just so Jeremy doesn't have to spent so much time going around killing vamps. But we'll see.

    Technically when that Silas guy returns I think he's supposed to resurrect a whole bunch of people anyways. Or something like that. Not sure if Kol would count though.

  4. #364
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    One can only hope that the "the originals" spin-off from VD takes off and all the originals can go and leave the show alone. The show is getting downright boring with its repetitiveness.
    For what it's worth, I was starting to get sick of Klaus last season.

    But this season, I'm pretty used to him being around. He's sort of starting to feel less like the big bad of the show and almost one of the gang. Almost.

    Guess I shouldn't get too used to him being around though.

  5. #365
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,350

    Default

    With all those vampires hanging around , mystic falls human population is going to be rapidly dwindling down to a handful. It's worse than Sunnydale.

  6. #366
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Answered your own question with that
    Yeah, but I'm hoping there's more of a story driven reason for doing something that on paper is so potentially harmful to the human population. Doesn't make sense for the vamp hunters to get rid of one of the most important weapons against vamps.

    Maybe Shane had them do it because Silas has a weakness to the stuff or something. I don't know... just seems kind of weird. Also kind of lame that if there's so little verbane in Mystic left, they would waste Jeremys bracelet on April.

    Though admittedly they are doing some interesting things because verbane isn't around at the moment. The whole afterschool special episode for example.

  7. #367
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    With all those vampires hanging around , mystic falls human population is going to be rapidly dwindling down to a handful. It's worse than Sunnydale.
    No kidding. When Klaus told Elena "There's no shortage of people to kill and loved ones to threaten" my immediate thought was, "Yeah, actually, there is."

  8. #368
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Kol's dead. That's the short cut they need to get that tatoo growing without turning the show into Jeremy the Vampire Slayer.
    That's assuming that it actually works. There's nothing to guarantee that killing an Original will result in Jeremy getting "credit" for killing all the vamps in is bloodline. Elena's really just guessing on this one.

  9. #369
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That's assuming that it actually works. There's nothing to guarantee that killing an Original will result in Jeremy getting "credit" for killing all the vamps in is bloodline. Elena's really just guessing on this one.
    Sure. I'm just speculating that the whole reason this is happening at all is to give us that short cut. Again, so the show doesn't have to become Jeremy the Vampire slayer.

    Though there's also the added benefit of Jeromy saving Bonnie since she seemed to be in quite a jam in the previews. I think they might be playing around with that ship again.

    So between the tatoo, freeing Damon from compulsion, and Jeromy being Bonnies white knight in shining armor, I think it effectively kills multiple birds with one stone.

  10. #370
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    No kidding. When Klaus told Elena "There's no shortage of people to kill and loved ones to threaten" my immediate thought was, "Yeah, actually, there is."
    The nice thing about the vamps in this show (unlike say Buffy) is because they can compell people there's always the option of just feeding then making people forget.'

    So apart from rippers or random acts of evil, the body count can be a bit more managable than other vamp shows.

  11. #371
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The nice thing about the vamps in this show (unlike say Buffy) is because they can compell people there's always the option of just feeding then making people forget.'

    So apart from rippers or random acts of evil, the body count can be a bit more managable than other vamp shows.
    Problem is, acts of evil (although not necessarily random) is how most of the show's body count gets racked up: revenge, blackmail, or to further some nefarious plot. Plus, the Originals clearly don't seem to give a crap about subtlety, restraint, or covering their tracks.

  12. #372
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Was Bonnie's dad played by a different actor earlier in the series? I recognize him from Supernatural.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

  13. #373
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Was Bonnie's dad played by a different actor earlier in the series? I recognize him from Supernatural.
    I don't think they ever showed Bonnie's dad before. He's mentioned a couple times, but this season was his first on-screen debut if I'm not mistaken.

  14. #374
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think they ever showed Bonnie's dad before. He's mentioned a couple times, but this season was his first on-screen debut if I'm not mistaken.
    Yeah this is probably one of the few times he's shown. Never had an early appearance in the previous seasons.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  15. #375
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Problem is, acts of evil (although not necessarily random) is how most of the show's body count gets racked up: revenge, blackmail, or to further some nefarious plot. Plus, the Originals clearly don't seem to give a crap about subtlety, restraint, or covering their tracks.
    At least in Sunnydale or bon temps (true blood) , the vamps don't walk around in bright daylight with magical rings. There are so many of them walking around freely that they should just called mystic falls bloodbank town as the humans are just all cannon fodder , food for the vamps walking around.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •