Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Maybe, but would they even force it on Klaus? Not everyone who is from the bloodline of Klaus wants to be turned mortal.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Stefan did later say she broke up with him, but when they broke up he was all "I can't do this anymore" which is why it sounded mutual to me.

EDIT: Posted this before I saw the above clip.

Which is fine it's not like they were going to force the cure on anyone.
    If push comes to shove, I think you HAVE to say if anyone ended the relationship it was Stefan. The "I can't do do this anymore" line to me puts him firmly in that role.

But regardless of who said it first, I would definately agree that it was entirely mutual. I think at this point in time they both realized that she had strong feelings for Damon and she just wasn't in the right place to have any sort of committed thing with Stefan.

I don't think Stefan has a whole lot of reason to complain about anything Elena does at this point... but I do think he has a right to believe that it wasn't all on him. I think both mutually believed they needed to break up.

Maybe, but would they even force it on Klaus? Not everyone who is from the bloodline of Klaus wants to be turned mortal.
    I think they might force it on Klaus if it meant saving Elena. To the brothers, everything and everyone else is secondary.

But of course, it's never gonna happen. Even if Elena somehow gets cured the brothers will continue being vamps.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think they might force it on Klaus if it meant saving Elena. To the brothers, everything and everyone else is secondary.

But of course, it's never gonna happen. Even if Elena somehow gets cured the brothers will continue being vamps.
    Would still be intriguing if Klaus ended up being cured along with Elena. Would make a rather fitting punishment for him honestly
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Would still be intriguing if Klaus ended up being cured along with Elena. Would make a rather fitting punishment for him honestly
    If they ever wanted to flat out kill Klaus, that's certainly one way to do it. They're running out of Original killing plot devices at this point, though I'm sure they'll stumble on another in a pinch if they really need one.

I don't think Stefan has a whole lot of reason to complain about anything Elena does at this point
    Eh, I'd have to disagree. Chick went out and banged his brother like 1 day after they were over. Even with a mutual breakup that shows an utter lack of respect(and class). Sure she technically isn't cheating on him, but it doesn't make it any less shady.

I'm not trying to single out Elena, both her and Damon are jerks for what they did. It's hard to hear them both go on about how they care about Stefan when actions speak louder then words.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Eh, I'd have to disagree. Chick went out and banged his brother like 1 day after they were over. Even with a mutual breakup that shows an utter lack of respect(and class). Sure she technically isn't cheating on him, but it doesn't make it any less shady.
    Again, in the context both that Elena has recently become a vampire (which the whole heighted emotions things) and that she is sired to Damon, I don't think we can hold too much against her one way or the other.

Again, in the context both that Elena has recently become a vampire (which the whole heighted emotions things) and that she is sired to Damon, I don't think we can hold too much against her one way or the other.
    That's true, I'm expecting him to try to beat down Damon sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Did they ever figure out their bloodlines? I think they'll cure Klaus and our principle vamps/hybrids will be cured as well by the trickle down effect. Unless they throw a curveball in and make Rebecca the one at the top of their bloodline. I doubt they'd cure themselves and leave themselves helpless if Klaus were still a super powerful Original.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

That's true, I'm expecting him to try to beat down Damon sometime soon.
    And I wouldn't entirely fault him for being angry, given that Damon did lie to him in the last episode.

Still, I think Damons been pretty fair about everything all things considered. He didn't know about the whole sire bond thing when he got involved with Elena and has for the most part been pretty fair and respectful to both Elena and Stefan since finding out about it.

He gave up Elena when she herself was making a pretty darn convincing arguement that he didn't have to. So honestly I don't even think you can really paint Damon as the bad guy here either. Even taking into account the fact that he did lie to Stefan for that one day, I think Damon did show that he cares about his brothers feelings.

I get the nagging feeling Elena will be cured by the end of the season and then we'll spend the 5th season dealing with the fallout of all her choices from this season. I think there is a 50% chance she won't remember her time as a vampire.

Personally I don't want Klaus cured. With his recent actions he is becoming sort of like a real villain again, which is what the show desperately needs.

I get the nagging feeling Elena will be cured by the end of the season and then we'll spend the 5th season dealing with the fallout of all her choices from this season.
    Ah yes , the ever ending recycling of do i love stefan or do i love Damon , oh i can't choose , i love both , woe is me - Elena storyline that is pretty much ongoing for what ? how many seasons now ?

At this point Bonnie should use magic to create a doppleganger of the doppleganger that way Damon and Stefan both have an Elena to be with.

I get the nagging feeling Elena will be cured by the end of the season and then we'll spend the 5th season dealing with the fallout of all her choices from this season. I think there is a 50% chance she won't remember her time as a vampire.

Personally I don't want Klaus cured. With his recent actions he is becoming sort of like a real villain again, which is what the show desperately needs.
    Yeah, I think she almost needs to be cured, if for no other reason than to eliminate the whole sire bond thing. I don't think they want Elena to be Damons potential underling for the remainder of the show.

I'm certain one the sire bond is gone, they will explore how much of Elena's current feelings stemmed from the bond and how much were legitimately hers. I'm certain the characters are wondering that, and I'll wager plenty of viewers are as well even though they've done a pretty good job of establishing that the sire bond is more about their actions than their emotions. The keeps Damon from looking like a rapist or anything like that.

Ultimately I suppose that's why you do stuff like this. It keeps the triangle from being the same old same old every year. The sire bond adds a new wrinkle and a new set of issues to the dynamic, and even taking the sire bond away adds another years worth of new issues to tackle. It's the advantage a sci-fi drama has over a more conventional one, than say a one tree hill.

At this point Bonnie should use magic to create a doppleganger of the doppleganger that way Damon and Stefan both have an Elena to be with.
    As I sort of mentioned earlier, I think Katherine potentially could work in that role.

It would take some work to credibly get Katherine to that point and it's not something I think they would even consider doing unless the show was going to end anyways, but unlike some I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. I do think they both genuinely loved Katherine at one point, and I do genuinely believe she has feelings for the both of them. Katherine ending up with let's say Stefan IMO is no less believable than if I were to say Damon ending up with Elena while the first season was going on. At the time one might say no way... but that was then and this is now.