Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post

Is this supposed to be some kind of reference to forcing her into it against her will? Because there's been no indication that Klaus is compelling Caroline, and she's not sired-bonded to him.
    What I mean is the way Damon is charming Elena matches how Klaus is wooing Caroline. That and like Elena, Caroline probably doesn't see Klaus as 100% evil and is starting to be attracted to him much in the sam way Elena doesn't find Damon 100% evil and is attracted to the more 'human' qualities of him
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    What I mean is the way Damon is charming Elena matches how Klaus is wooing Caroline. That and like Elena, Caroline probably doesn't see Klaus as 100% evil and is starting to be attracted to him much in the sam way Elena doesn't find Damon 100% evil and is attracted to the more 'human' qualities of him
    Unlike Damon, I think at this point Caroline see's Klaus as pretty darn evil. He hasn't helped Caroline or her friends anywhere near as much as Damon ended up helping the gang. And that's why I think she consciously at least is pushing Klaus away. I DO think she's falling for him, but I don't think she even realizes it yet.

Elder Member

Except Damon isn't actually doing anything to "charm" Elena; it's not like he's been putting moves on her. She came to him on her own (even with the whole "sire-bond" thing). Elena is acting on feelings for Damon that she's had for some time now. Also, according to what Elena herself said, the thing that's really drawn her closer to Damon (since becoming a vampire) is his acceptance of who and what he is as a vampire, which is pretty much the opposite of "human qualities."

Has nothing to do with this specific season, but something I've been kind of wondering due to re-watching earlier seasons..why was Klaus hailed as the most powerful Original? And the most feared? Prior to the curse being lifted the only thing that set him apart from other Originals is that he couldn't be taken down by the dagger. He wasn't actually more powerful then someone like Elijah when it comes to strength and speed.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Wow so I can't help but start liking Elena less and less. She was playing these two even before she became a vampire. Stefan and Damon, guys: stay away from high school girls who change their mind every other week. She really should of chosen neither of them at the end of the 3rd season.

Any choice she makes now is bad. If she chooses Stefan well..you kinda banged his brother and didn't seem to give a damn about it. If she chooses Damon then..well, she kinda flat out chose his brother over him until these sire thing started messing with her head. The sire bond might not be 100% responsible, but she wasn't hopping into bed with Damon before becoming a vampire. Not to mention there relationship will never ever be healthy. Healthy relationships have it where people can disagree with each other on certain subjects, they aren't where one person is basically a yes man to the other. She's kinda doing more damage then Katherine ever did.

Stefan and Damon need to leave Mystic Falls asap. There are plenty of fish in the sea who aren't going to play mind games with them and sleep with both of them.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-07-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Wow so I can't help but start liking Elena less and less. She was playing these two even before she became a vampire. Stefan and Damon, guys: stay away from high school girls who change their mind every other week. She really should of chosen neither of them at the end of the 3rd season.

Any choice she makes now is bad. If she chooses Stefan well..you kinda banged his brother and didn't seem to give a damn about it. If she chooses Damon then..well, she kinda flat out chose his brother over him until these sire thing started messing with her head. The sire bond might not be 100% responsible, but she wasn't hopping into bed with Damon before becoming a vampire. Not to mention there relationship will never ever be healthy. Healthy relationships have it where people can disagree with each other on certain subjects, they aren't where one person is basically a yes man to the other. She's kinda doing more damage then Katherine ever did.

Stefan and Damon need to leave Mystic Falls asap. There are plenty of fish in the sea who aren't going to play mind games with them and sleep with both of them.
    Another thing that gets me is Tyler saying the sire bond doesn't change your thinking. That is BS, he was a Klaus fanboy after siring up until Klaus himself started using the bond to mess with Tyler. Only then did he start actively disliking Klaus.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Has nothing to do with this specific season, but something I've been kind of wondering due to re-watching earlier seasons..why was Klaus hailed as the most powerful Original? And the most feared? Prior to the curse being lifted the only thing that set him apart from other Originals is that he couldn't be taken down by the dagger. He wasn't actually more powerful then someone like Elijah when it comes to strength and speed.
    Simple answer. The writers love him

i think it was just klaus "fluffing up the myth" and making himself rumored to be more powerful than he actually is via an elaborate game of chinese whispers plus his hybrid blood makes him scarier than he might actually be.

most feared is just by reputation since he is a 1000+ year old trickster.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Another thing that gets me is Tyler saying the sire bond doesn't change your thinking. That is BS, he was a Klaus fanboy after siring up until Klaus himself started using the bond to mess with Tyler. Only then did he start actively disliking Klaus.
    That is what I was thinking. Heck he wasn't only a Klaus fanboy, but didn't want to see harm come to another person who at the time was sort of a Klaus fanboy(a compelled Stefan). Even after he hated Klaus he still felt compelled to protect him. So even if Elena wasn't 100% in love with Damon, she might still feel the need to protect him. Except in this case it isn't physical protection, but emotional protection.

Just looking at how Damons New Orleans girlfriend apparently spent decades counting every single brick in the city..there is no way Damon isn't a grade a douchebag if he stays with Elena. They are both immortal now, the chances that Damon won't eventually cause Elena to accidentally do something horrible are quite slim. He's going to have to carefully pick every single word he says around her.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-08-2012 at 06:07 AM.

That is what I was thinking. Heck he wasn't only a Klaus fanboy, but didn't want to see harm come to another person who at the time was sort of a Klaus fanboy(a compelled Stefan). Even after he hated Klaus he still felt compelled to protect him. So even if Elena wasn't 100% in love with Damon, she might still feel the need to protect him. Except in this case it isn't physical protection, but emotional protection.

Just looking at how Damons New Orleans girlfriend apparently spent decades counting every single brick in the city..there is no way Damon isn't a grade a douchebag if he stays with Elena. They are both immortal now, the chances that Damon won't eventually cause Elena to accidentally do something horrible are quite slim. He's going to have to carefully pick every single word he says around her.
    Since Damon is obviously a main character on the show, him being gone for any substantial length of time isn't really an option.

Odds are he'll either leave and then be forced to return because they need him, or some sort of threat will prevent him from leaving in the first place.

Either way, I doubt the bond thing will be around indefinately. One way or another it'll probably go away and we'll be back to the conventional love triangle status quo.

The whole "bond can't be broken" thing just screams that they are going to eventually cure Elena to me. Damon will now want that cure to prove that Elena really loves him.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    The whole "bond can't be broken" thing just screams that they are going to eventually cure Elena to me. Damon will now want that cure to prove that Elena really loves him.
    I don't really think there was ever any question that Elena would be cured. With the way the show's set up, Elena as a vampire just isn't sustainable as an ongoing story foundation. Pretty much the entire storyline thus far has been aimed at highlighting why Elena being a vampire is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Since Damon is obviously a main character on the show, him being gone for any substantial length of time isn't really an option.

Odds are he'll either leave and then be forced to return because they need him, or some sort of threat will prevent him from leaving in the first place.
    I actually figured he most likely wouldn't leave town all together, just stay away from Elena. Admittedly it won't be easy and she definitely needs to move out of that house and live elsewhere.

Either way, I doubt the bond thing will be around indefinately. One way or another it'll probably go away and we'll be back to the conventional love triangle status quo.
    Bah..I really want the triangle to end. At this point I don't care if she chooses to be with Damon or Stefan. I don't care if she randomly decides to hook up with Klaus. Hell I don't care if they reveal Elena suddenly has a thing for animals and is in love with a horse. Just make a friggin choice already and stick with it.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-08-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Bah..I really want the triangle to end. At this point I don't care if she chooses to be with Damon or Stefan. I don't care if she randomly decides to hook up with Klaus. Hell I don't care if they reveal Elena suddenly has a thing for animals and is in love with a horse. Just make a friggin choice already and stick with it.
    Thats the drawback in making the triangle your only drawing point in a storyline. Now personally I don't have a problem with Love Triangles but I don't like it when the build up goes on forever.

Thats the drawback in making the triangle your only drawing point in a storyline. Now personally I don't have a problem with Love Triangles but I don't like it when the build up goes on forever.
    See I don't even think the triangle is the main drawing point. The triangle didn't even really begin until mid-late season 3. They made the show about more then the triangle before..hopefully they can go that route again.