Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Going to ignore your comment.
    Bit late for that given that you already responded/over-reacted to it.

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Hey you gotta hand it to hallucination Katherine....she pretty much said everything we've all been thinking about how Elena's friends all pay the price for her, and should hate her, and its really not even worth it at this point...

And it seems like thats definitely going to come to a head this season, and I feel they're leading up towards Tyler being the one to finally say 'you know what? I don't actually like you enough to keep going through all this shit that happens because of you.'

Also, it sounds like this Silas character is going to be the big bad this season, hmmm, a non vampire immortal? Interesting.

I do have to say I think there's a strong possibility Elena won't become human again, with or without the cure. They're setting up the cure storyline really into the season, and they never really do the 'linear quest' storylines the way its expected. I mean, they spent most of a season looking for white oak stakes or whatever as its the only thing that will kill Klaus and the originals, and then they found it, and Klaus and sibs are still here. Ditto with a couple other similar story directions. I feel they're making Elena's cure the goal so early, we're due for a swerve down the line.

For instance, with the emphasis they're starting to build around the idea that Elena's friends have sacrificed enough for her at this point, I could see a season finale where Matt, Jeremy or Bonnie becomes a vampire, and Elena gives the cure to them instead, refusing to let her friends pay any more of a price for her sake. The inability to keep blood down might be a red herring, and they'll find some other solution to that which still keeps her a vampire.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Bit late for that given that you already responded/over-reacted to it.
    Whatabout you? Oh I find my comment about Caroline going out with Klaus amusing?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Hey you gotta hand it to hallucination Katherine....she pretty much said everything we've all been thinking about how Elena's friends all pay the price for her, and should hate her, and its really not even worth it at this point...

And it seems like thats definitely going to come to a head this season, and I feel they're leading up towards Tyler being the one to finally say 'you know what? I don't actually like you enough to keep going through all this shit that happens because of you.'

Also, it sounds like this Silas character is going to be the big bad this season, hmmm, a non vampire immortal? Interesting.

I do have to say I think there's a strong possibility Elena won't become human again, with or without the cure. They're setting up the cure storyline really into the season, and they never really do the 'linear quest' storylines the way its expected. I mean, they spent most of a season looking for white oak stakes or whatever as its the only thing that will kill Klaus and the originals, and then they found it, and Klaus and sibs are still here. Ditto with a couple other similar story directions. I feel they're making Elena's cure the goal so early, we're due for a swerve down the line.

For instance, with the emphasis they're starting to build around the idea that Elena's friends have sacrificed enough for her at this point, I could see a season finale where Matt, Jeremy or Bonnie becomes a vampire, and Elena gives the cure to them instead, refusing to let her friends pay any more of a price for her sake. The inability to keep blood down might be a red herring, and they'll find some other solution to that which still keeps her a vampire.
    If Elena's not going to get cured a possible theory could be that Klaus and the originals may get cured

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

If Elena's not going to get cured a possible theory could be that Klaus and the originals may get cured
    Yeah, I could see them curing Klaus, assuming that didn't cure all vampires of his line since we wouldn't have a show without Damon, Stefan and the others being vampires. I

Alternatively, I could see Elena curing Rebekah, feeling sorry for her and giving her the chance at a normal life that was taken from her without her wanting or choosing this.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

I have no opinion or feeling about whether you're happy about it or not, really. I just thought it was funny and made an offhand joking comment about it. (Seriously, you really need to learn to relax; it's just a TV show. They aren't real people.)

But since you went ahead and made a thing out of it . . . (A) they're both monsters (vampires, remember) and (B) how is Caroline going on a date with him to buy his help to save Elena any worse than Stefan working with him (and, in the process, lying to Elena, poisoning Damon, almost getting Jeremy killed) to buy his help to save Elena? She's not marrying the guy; it's just a means to an end. And it's not like it's the first time she's offered herself up as Klaus bait to further one of the gang's plans.
    Yes I know that. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to state my opinions concerning the show. I'm allowed to post my complaints on it as much as those are allowed to complain about Elena dating Damon or whomever.
    Last edited by Legato; 11-17-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Yeah, I could see them curing Klaus, assuming that didn't cure all vampires of his line since we wouldn't have a show without Damon, Stefan and the others being vampires. I

Alternatively, I could see Elena curing Rebekah, feeling sorry for her and giving her the chance at a normal life that was taken from her without her wanting or choosing this.
    The show hasn't fully revealed that Stefan and Damon came from Klaus's line so theres a strong possibility they could be safe.

I don't see Elena curing Rebekah. Would you cure someone thats responsible for turning you into a vampire? I could see her forcing someone to give her the cure though

Elder Member

Whatabout you? Oh I find my comment about Caroline going out with Klaus amusing?
    You do? Because you certainly don't act like it.

Yes I know that. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to state my opinions concerning the show. I'm allowed to post my complaints on it as much as those are allowed to complain about Elena dating Damon or whomever.
    Wow. You seriously need to chill out.

Where and when, exactly, did I say you weren't allowed to state your opinions? Rhetorical question, of course: I never said or implied anything of the kind. But the very same right that allows you to state your opinion allows me to state my opinion. This is a discussion board and that's how a discussion works. One person says something and another person responds to it. And sometimes the response disagrees wit the original comment The fact that I stated a dissenting opinion to yours in no way, shape, or form equates to my telling you you can't state an opinion. Are you new here? No, you're not, so I would have assumed you already knew this. Apparently not. But now that it's been explained to you, you might want to write it down for future reference, so we can avoid any future misunderstandings.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-17-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Elder Member

Maybe, but I'm still leaning towards her becoming human, esp. now that she and Damon are apparently going to pair up. Until now, he thing that seemed to always block her where Damon was concerned was the fact that he so openly embraced being a vampire, something that she couldn't accept. Now that she's put in a position o walking a mile in Damon's shoes, her perspective is changing and she's moving closer to Damon and away from Stefan. Human Elena would always prefer Stefan, Vampire Elana has more in common with Damon. But what happens if she becomes human again after living as a vampire? At that point she'll hav something she's never had before--an equal understanding of both brother's perspectives. That would add a whole new dynamic to the whole inexorable love triangle thing.

You do? Because you certainly don't act like it.

Wow. You seriously need to chill out.

Where and when, exactly, did I say you weren't allowed to state your opinions? Rhetorical question, of course: I never said or implied anything of the kind. But the very same right that allows you to state your opinion allows me to state my opinion. This is a discussion board and that's how a discussion works. One person says something and another person responds to it. And sometimes the response disagrees wit the original comment The fact that I stated a dissenting opinion to yours in no way, shape, or form equates to my telling you you can't state an opinion. Are you new here? No, you're not, so I would have assumed you already knew this. Apparently not. But now that it's been explained to you, you might want to write it down for future reference, so we can avoid any future misunderstandings.
    I'm well aware in how the discussion board works thank you and yes we should both seek to avoid any misunderstandings in future discussions. And I understand my past post came off as antagonistic so sorry for being so uptight
    Last edited by Legato; 11-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.

The only reason I could see Elena not taking the cure is if she begins to develop stronger and stronger feelings for Damon and especially if they begin to date or fall "in love". I say that assuming the cure won't come into play until the end of the season since a lot can happen between now and then. Of course if they go the route of having her vampirism be fatal even if she feeds off live human beings then she won't have much of a choice.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-17-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The only reason I could see Elena not taking the cure is if she begins to develop stronger and stronger feelings for Damon and especially if they begin to date or fall "in love". I say that assuming the cure won't come into play until the end of the season since a lot can happen between now and then. Of course if they go the route of having her vampirism be fatal even if she feeds off live human beings then she won't have much of a choice.
    As much as I don't want it I say why not just take a shot at hooking Elena and Damon up? Not like it will end the series or anything like that. I can see the end result being that Damon breaks things off because he wants to spare Elena from heading down a dark road. The guy already told her about Stefan's plan instead of keeping it to himself so there could be a possibility he may end up being a decent guy due to being with Elena

As much as I don't want it I say why not just take a shot at hooking Elena and Damon up? Not like it will end the series or anything like that. I can see the end result being that Damon breaks things off because he wants to spare Elena from heading down a dark road. The guy already told her about Stefan's plan instead of keeping it to himself so there could be a possibility he may end up being a decent guy due to being with Elena
    The only thing is Damon seems far too selfish to do what you suggest..it's one thing for him to tell her about Stefans plan..but if she still went for him after that and they had a relationship? It's hard for me to see him doing that. With him telling her about the plan I saw that as him not wanting her to choose him unless she had all the information. If she still chooses him after that..I'm not sure he has the self control to break it off. If Damon was actually a good guy he wouldn't hook up with Elena at all since she basically had to have her emotional state manipulated for it to happen.

As for why they shouldn't take a shot at hooking them up? I guess I just want them to do some things different. Usually with vampire love triangles the girl ends up being passed back and forth between two suitors. It'd be nice to see someone make a choice and stick with it(Even Bella made out with another dude while she was with Edward and they had friggin unhealthy obsessions with each other).
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-17-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The only thing is Damon seems far too selfish to do what you suggest..it's one thing for him to tell her about Stefans plan..but if she still went for him after that and they had a relationship? It's hard for me to see him doing that. With him telling her about the plan I saw that as him not wanting her to choose him unless she had all the information. If she still chooses him after that..I'm not sure he has the self control to break it off.

As for why they shouldn't take a shot at hooking them up? I guess I just want them to do some things different. Usually with vampire love triangles the girl ends up being passed back and forth between two suitors. It'd be nice to see someone make a choice and stick with it(Even Bella made out with another dude while she was with Edward).
    With the triangle being probably their only drawing point they have to stick with whats drawing viewers in. The only way Elena would go with someone else is if the writers introduce someone that can actually provide competition against the brothers and is appealing to the viewers still watching

With the triangle being probably their only drawing point they have to stick with whats drawing viewers in. The only way Elena would go with someone else is if the writers introduce someone that can actually provide competition against the brothers and is appealing to the viewers still watching
    Well they could keep the triangle going without actually having Elena and Damon hook up. I'd rather have them draw the triangle out if it meant they didn't actually ever hook up. If she actually hooks up with him to me that would be the end of the triangle since..well, I was going to say Stefan isn't pathetic enough to still want her after that but..I'm probably wrong :\

I especially don't want them to hook up and then the vampirism is cured and now she suddenly "loves" Stefan again.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-17-2012 at 03:56 PM.