Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I would wonder if curing an Original might also somehow cure anyone they turned? I'd also wonder if it would even work on a hybrid like Klaus though.
    I think it might be a side effect of Esther's spell given it tied the life of the originals to every vampire they sired so potentially the cure could effect every vampire.

Heck I can see the cure not working on Elena since she isn't exactly a normal vampire due to being a doppleganger.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    He wouldn't... but Stefan, Damon, Elena... any of the core group would, just to screw Klaus over and keep him from being able to make more hybrids. Hell, even Rebekah might want to do that to him if she ever gets the dagger removed again.
    This is why I think it's a bad idea for him to include Stefan in on the plan unless it only works once. If it can be used on more then one person there is nothing to say after curing Elena they will try to use it on Klaus.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Ok the latest episode was ok. I think Stefan definitely made a mistake here: I think as soon as he injected Damon with vervain or whatever he should of come clean to Elena about the cure. Or heck he should of told them both at the same time, telling Damon right in front of Elena means he isn't going to try to screw it up. Also was this guy the worst vampire hunter ever? He can't even hit a vampire in the heart? Judging from next weeks episode previews Elena will be "cursed" or something. I figured maybe he stabbed her with something mystical to intentionally curse her instead of killing her, but it's weird that he'd want to die just to do that plus lines of dialogue from Klaus suggest it was the act of killing him that causes something to go wrong.

I find myself caring very very little about the storyline with Bonnie and the teacher witch.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-11-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Ok the latest episode was ok. I think Stefan definitely made a mistake here: I think as soon as he injected Damon with vervain or whatever he should of come clean to Elena about the cure. Or heck he should of told them both at the same time, telling Damon right in front of Elena means he isn't going to try to screw it up. Also was this guy the worst vampire hunter ever? He can't even hit a vampire in the heart? Judging from next weeks episode previews Elena will be "cursed" or something. I figured maybe he stabbed her with something mystical to intentionally curse her instead of killing her, but it's weird that he'd want to die just to do that plus lines of dialogue from Klaus suggest it was the act of killing him that causes something to go wrong.

I find myself caring very very little about the storyline with Bonnie and the teacher witch.
    Could be the writers intention.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Could be the writers intention.
    Perhaps, but we know he sent the Hunter to Mystic Falls and I think with that in mind it is obvious he is eventually going to become more involved in the storyline(perhaps even be this "great evil") so I would think they'd want us to care about it.

Ugh, please don't hook up with Damon Elena. I mean damn..your feelings for him increased, shouldn't your feelings for Stefan increase as well? Are you really in good conscience going to pull a Katherine here? You're better then that, even as a vampire. Hell stay away from both brothers then(romantically). Damon has lied to you, etc. just as much as Stefan has. Perhaps it is time to not have a boyfriend for a while?

Ugh, please don't hook up with Damon Elena. I mean damn..your feelings for him increased, shouldn't your feelings for Stefan increase as well? Are you really in good conscience going to pull a Katherine here? You're better then that, even as a vampire. Hell stay away from both brothers then(romantically). Damon has lied to you, etc. just as much as Stefan has. Perhaps it is time to not have a boyfriend for a while?
    Please. Elena will kill you, your friends and everyone you care about before she has to spend a Friday night alone or miss a school dance!
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Sadly it's the storyline thats pulling viewers in. If they had her going after someone else it would turn many viewers off just because of the fact that she's not going after the brothers. It's the same situation when it comes to the love triangle between Sookie/Bill/Eric from True Blood.

Elder Member

I find it hard to believe that Damon, who's suspicious of everyone, didn't get a vibe off the professor guy who way too conveniently knew everything about what they needed and gave it up with a minimum of resistance or curiosity about why they wanted the info. I also found it unlikely that Damon would waste time trading banter with him instead of just compelling him to give him the info (or at least compelling him to forget he did it.

Elder Member

Heck I can see the cure not working on Elena since she isn't exactly a normal vampire due to being a doppleganger.

This is why I think it's a bad idea for him to include Stefan in on the plan unless it only works once. If it can be used on more then one person there is nothing to say after curing Elena they will try to use it on Klaus.
    Well, Klaus is even less of a "normal vampire" than Elena, so if it wouldn't work on her it would seem even less likely that it would work on Klaus.

So does anyone think that if down the line they do find the cure and they find it will work on Elena...that she might refuse to take it?

So does anyone think that if down the line they do find the cure and they find it will work on Elena...that she might refuse to take it?
    I've thought of that possibility. Especially when concerning what's been going on with Tyler, maybe instead of her having the cure she gives it to Tyler in a effort to free him from Klaus's control.

Speaking of has anyone find it kinda hard to root for the characters as of late? For instance Jeremy and Stefan just killed a hybrid who wanted to be freed from Klaus's control then you have Caroline willing to flat out go on a date with Klaus. It's like the characters keep going further and further down a dark road and pretty soon they will end up being no different than the people they are fighting against. The only decent character they have so far that hasn't completly head down a dark road is Matt

Elder Member

I've thought of that possibility. Especially when concerning what's been going on with Tyler, maybe instead of her having the cure she gives it to Tyler in a effort to free him from Klaus's control.
    I don't see much chance of her not taking it, especially if she continues to have problems keeping blood down. Unless they just abandon that thread, it seems like they're pretty strongly setting up a scenario where there's something wrong with here transformation, so taking the cure will probably be presented as a life or death decision. And Tyler is already free from Klaus' control.

Speaking of has anyone find it kinda hard to root for the characters as of late? For instance Jeremy and Stefan just killed a hybrid who wanted to be freed from Klaus's control then you have Caroline willing to flat out go on a date with Klaus. It's like the characters keep going further and further down a dark road and pretty soon they will end up being no different than the people they are fighting against. The only decent character they have so far that hasn't completly head down a dark road is Matt

Even as much as I can't stand Klaus, I find it amusing that you equate going on a date with him to chopping a guy's head off with an ax as despicable acts.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I don't see much chance of her not taking it, especially if she continues to have problems keeping blood down. Unless they just abandon that thread, it seems like they're pretty strongly setting up a scenario where there's something wrong with here transformation, so taking the cure will probably be presented as a life or death decision. And Tyler is already free from Klaus' control.
    Yet there still could be some kind of twist concerning the cure and the show has been known to provide last minute twist concerning major plots. Say Elena does get cured it would be a interesting scenario if Klaus ends up becoming human aswell. If he cant be killed off the proper punishment would be him being a human again
    Last edited by Legato; 11-17-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Elder Member

Ok then maybe I should be all happy that Caroline is going on a date with a monster.
    I have no opinion or feeling about whether you're happy about it or not, really. I just thought it was funny and made an offhand joking comment about it. (Seriously, you really need to learn to relax; it's just a TV show. They aren't real people.)

But since you went ahead and made a thing out of it . . . (A) they're both monsters (vampires, remember) and (B) how is Caroline going on a date with him to buy his help to save Elena any worse than Stefan working with him (and, in the process, lying to Elena, poisoning Damon, almost getting Jeremy killed) to buy his help to save Elena? She's not marrying the guy; it's just a means to an end. And it's not like it's the first time she's offered herself up as Klaus bait to further one of the gang's plans.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-17-2012 at 12:19 PM.