Hybrid View

Default The Vampire Diaries Season 4

Well the new season begins airing tonight. I have to say this is probably the season opener I've been most looking forward to for the 2012/2013 season so far. We left off with a few major events happening. Elena finally made her choice between Stefan and Damon(at least for now) having chosen Stefan and basically saying it's because she met and fell in love with Stefan first. I honestly don't care very much about the love aspect of the show, though I did prefer her with Stefan and I also wanted her to just finally make a choice.

Alaric was turned into an ubervamp and killed..which unfortunately has us losing the character of Rick from the series. I'm sure we'll see him again eventually down the line since anything can happen on a series like this, but he's definitely not going to be a main character anymore. Alaric managed to kill Klaus before he died, but only the physical form of Klaus was only destroyed as Bonnie for some reason decided to put the mind of Klaus into the body of Tyler. Since the finale I've been trying to make sense of why Bonnie did what she did..her last words didn't sound exactly friendly. I'm thinking maybe she did it as a back up to keep Klaus alive and thus keep Stefan and Damon and Caroline alive? I know she doesn't care much about Stefan or Damon, but Stefan has saved her in the past..plus it probably had more to do with Elena then caring about them.

Which brings us to what I guess was the biggest event: Elena dies and comes back as a vampire at the very end. There are two routes they will take with this I think. Either they will find some mystical cure for her or she will indeed feed and become a full vampire. If it comes down to her feeding I can see Damon forcing her to drink human blood if she refuses. Though she seemed to of been willing to not let herself die before when she thought she might become one. I'm curious how much of the Originals we're going to see this season since I know a lot of people got fed up with them eventually in the last season. Obviously Klaus will be part of the season due to being inside Tyler..and who knows if that will get fixed early in the season or in the middle/end of the season. We have Elijah, Rebecca, and Cole left. We've seen a lot more of Elijah and Rebecca then we have of Cole so I expect it will be them we see if we see any at all. I could stand to see Elijah a *bit* this season. Though to be honest I'm going to miss Klaus..or at least Klaus as played by Joseph Morgan.
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-11-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I'm here just waiting for the episode to air in a few hours..I'm just wondering if people think Elena is going to kill someone if she turns into a vampire? By this I mean an accidental in the heat of the moment kill while she'll still new.

Also in case anyone is interested it turns out we will be seeing the Originals again pretty soon. The November 1st episode apparently contains flashbacks to 12 century Italy featuring Klaus, Elijah, and Rebecca.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'm here just waiting for the episode to air in a few hours..I'm just wondering if people think Elena is going to kill someone if she turns into a vampire? By this I mean an accidental in the heat of the moment kill while she'll still new.

Also in case anyone is interested it turns out we will be seeing the Originals again pretty soon. The November 1st episode apparently contains flashbacks to 12 century Italy featuring Klaus, Elijah, and Rebecca.
    Well. Least it's down to just 3. Although I could do without Rebecca. Hope Damon stakes her. Another thing I hope for is Bonnie gets called out on her actions
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Well. Least it's down to just 3. Although I could do without Rebecca.
    I liked her at first in her flashbacks in Chicago, but present day Rebecca..I'm not a big fan. Though she's one of those characters that if I were in charge of things I wouldn't kill just yet..I'd save her for something more down the line.

Hope Damon stakes her.
    Speaking of Damon a recent interview with the actor had him saying something about how this season Damon's only problems are going to be getting laid and not dying. So I hope it means he'll be going in a direction other then Elena and perhaps even get a true relationship of his own.

Another thing I hope for is Bonnie gets called out on her actions
    I hope we get a good explanation and I hope if Bonnie did it to save Caroline she at least tells her what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I liked her at first in her flashbacks in Chicago, but present day Rebecca..I'm not a big fan. Though she's one of those characters that if I were in charge of things I wouldn't kill just yet..I'd save her for something more down the line.
    A vampire Elena killing her perhaps

Speaking of Damon a recent interview with the actor had him saying something about how this season Damon's only problems are going to be getting laid and not dying. So I hope it means he'll be going in a direction other then Elena and perhaps even get a true relationship of his own.
    They made a mistake in killing off Rose IMO. I thought they had good chemistry.

I hope we get a good explanation and I hope if Bonnie did it to save Caroline she at least tells her what she did.
    It doesn't matter what kind of explaination she gives. It still doesn't condone her seemingly kill or trapped Tyler in Klaus's body just so Klaus could continue to live. That makes it worse than the crap Damon has done in the past three seasons so I hope Caroline chews her out big time over this because someone needs to call Bonnie out on her BS
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Clip #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiC0vrtcQQ&
    Clip #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSQ_4RDGDw&

5 months, 22 weeks, 154 days, 3,695 hours, 221,700 minutes, and 13,302,000 seconds.
    Last edited by HapersRow; 10-11-2012 at 04:52 PM.