Page 6 of 242 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 3620

Thread: Arrow

  1. #76
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    My wife kept saying things like "on the island, where did he get the hood from? Where did he get the bow and arrow?" Based on the last moments of last nights episode, it looks like we are going to continue to get those questions answered in flashbacks until we know all those answers. Anyone else think that the other archer on the island is Deathstroke?
    you can make a bow and arrow
    Support your local roller derby league

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    you can also sew together a hood from old clothes or clothes of the other two dead people

  3. #78
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    you can make a bow and arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    you can also sew together a hood from old clothes or clothes of the other two dead people
    Yes you can. But you cannot without proper tools make a compound bow, which is what he has when he is rescued. THAT had to come from somewhere. And apparently he gets it (and the hood) from the archer on the island when he first gets there. That hood the other archer is wearing is, or at least appears to be the same one Ollie is wearing when he is rescued.

    And I geeked out a bit when he called his sister Speedy.

  4. #79
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,901

    Default

    ywah, that bow he's using was clearly manufactured and machined.

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Arrow rating stead, easily beating NBC's pitiful new sitcoms.

  6. #81
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,267

    Default

    CW started beating NBC last year...a lot of people thought it was a temporary thing...guess not
    Support your local roller derby league

  7. #82
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    Arrow rating stead, easily beating NBC's pitiful new sitcoms.
    Not according to that second link, which actually breaks down the numbers.

    The first half hour of Arrow beat out NBC's Animal Practice by a slim margin in the ratings/share for the 18-49 demographic (1.3/4 to 1/3) and in overall viewership (by a hair over .3 mil). NBC's Guys with Kids beat out the second half of Arrow in both categories.
    Last edited by kalorama; 10-18-2012 at 10:23 AM.

  8. #83
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    While I like Animal Practice, it is very much Scrubs in an animal hospital, only less realistic. All the characters are very cartoony-ish. I would like it more if they were more normal people having misadventures in an animal hospital. But... it is what it is.

    If it came down to a choice though, Arrow all the way. Thank goodness for DVRs.

  9. #84
    Senior Member Deep_Sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Man...Kelly Hu's in Arrow? This show's got all the smoking hot babes!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

    Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

    Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

  10. #85
    No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    Man...Kelly Hu's in Arrow? This show's got all the smoking hot babes!
    Too bad she had a wig on or that she wasn't Lady Shiva.

  11. #86
    Senior Member Deep_Sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTaskmaster View Post
    Too bad she had a wig on or that she wasn't Lady Shiva.
    You can't always win 'em all. Just enjoy the sexiness!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

    Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

    Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

  12. #87
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,353

    Default

    CW beating NBC isn't important. Its how much did Arrow do in retaining viewers and the show held onto 84% which is a great number for a 2nd episode. Also another stat is the growing DVR viewership and it increased by 26% after that. The fact it held steady with 3.5+ million viewers was a great thing for it. If it can do that for the next few weeks CW will renew it pretty quick.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  13. #88
    Senior Member Scurlogg_Hawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    42221bBAker Street ,Bulgaria?
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    the last episode won me . Kelly Hu role was kinda strange but nice
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

  14. #89
    Member Evil Sneak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Just watched the pilot episode and I'm trying to find a suitable rating but the episode was so "all over the place" it's hard to tie it down. So I went with comparing it to other genre series I've watched.

    Was it better than the "Smallville" pilot? Yes but Smallville was weighted down by Kristin Kruek & Sam Jones III brutally bad acting. Take away those two and I'd give Smallville the nod.

    Was it better than the "Heroes" pilot? No Just no.

    Was it better than the "The Cape" pilot? Yes That was a trainwreck of a show, but I at least cared about the protagonist. No so much with Arrow.

    Was it better than the "Birds of Prey" pilot? ??? Arrow's production values (locations, fight choreography, special effects...) crap all over BoP so that's a plus, but BoP's cast destroys Arrow's cardboard cutouts, so that's a minus. They both took liberties with the source material, BoP went a bit campy, and Arrow more Nolan-esque. For the stories they told both work in their respective universes.

    They both lacked what I like to call 'in-universe cohesion'. In BoP powers/skills were forgotten from scene to scene. And in Arrow the police and criminals completely miss a HUUUUUUUUGE obviously hi-tech arrow (it was blinking) sticking out of the wall while 40 million dollars is being stolen. Mind you GA told the crook that he was gonna steal 40 million. All after the crook saw GA hit everything he aimed at, saw him miss from close range, told him he missed and had GA reply not really.

    So Arrow is like Birds of Prey.

    Birds of Prey premiere had 7.6 million viewers.
    Birds of Prey had the biggest audience in the 18-34 demographic ever for the WB.
    Birds of Prey lasted 13 episodes.

  15. #90
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sneak View Post
    Just watched the pilot episode and I'm trying to find a suitable rating but the episode was so "all over the place" it's hard to tie it down. So I went with comparing it to other genre series I've watched.

    Was it better than the "Smallville" pilot? Yes but Smallville was weighted down by Kristin Kruek & Sam Jones III brutally bad acting. Take away those two and I'd give Smallville the nod.

    Was it better than the "Heroes" pilot? No Just no.

    Was it better than the "The Cape" pilot? Yes That was a trainwreck of a show, but I at least cared about the protagonist. No so much with Arrow.

    Was it better than the "Birds of Prey" pilot? ??? Arrow's production values (locations, fight choreography, special effects...) crap all over BoP so that's a plus, but BoP's cast destroys Arrow's cardboard cutouts, so that's a minus. They both took liberties with the source material, BoP went a bit campy, and Arrow more Nolan-esque. For the stories they told both work in their respective universes.

    They both lacked what I like to call 'in-universe cohesion'. In BoP powers/skills were forgotten from scene to scene. And in Arrow the police and criminals completely miss a HUUUUUUUUGE obviously hi-tech arrow (it was blinking) sticking out of the wall while 40 million dollars is being stolen. Mind you GA told the crook that he was gonna steal 40 million. All after the crook saw GA hit everything he aimed at, saw him miss from close range, told him he missed and had GA reply not really.

    So Arrow is like Birds of Prey.

    Birds of Prey premiere had 7.6 million viewers.
    Birds of Prey had the biggest audience in the 18-34 demographic ever for the WB.
    Birds of Prey lasted 13 episodes.
    It was a lot better than the Heroes pilot, that pilot was an unfocused mess that tried following too many characters and didn't do anything with any of them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •