Page 3 of 242 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think if anyone saw the mask laying in the sand , that is a hint where Oliver learned his martial arts skills. I think viewers have to have a patience and stop wanting ALL ANSWERS NOW . Because it ruins the aspect a show which as we will see...will unveil things as we go along.
    I liked the only origin i have read for GA in that Year One with Diggle & Jock. Ollie learned to be a hunter,survivor and had to work hard to beat the bad guys on the island selling drugs,slaving people. He didnt learn martial arts on the island like this version.

So i hope to see who thought him those quick,awesome hand to hand moves like if its Deathstroke.

But im not spoiled audience that thinks the show must explain his origin in the first ep.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Spoiled huh? >_>

Well anyway, I think the issue, is that I don't watch much television and the only reason I knew about the premier was because of the radio promotions. I guess I was subconsciously comparing the first episode to a movie and probably unfairly but that's all I have to measure things against.

Quote Originally Posted by gt500x View Post
    Spoiled huh? >_>

Well anyway, I think the issue, is that I don't watch much television and the only reason I knew about the premier was because of the radio promotions. I guess I was subconsciously comparing the first episode to a movie and probably unfairly but that's all I have to measure things against.
    I wasnt thinking about you but seasoned tv show watchers in this forum who dismiss a whole series because the first ep or two hasnt explained everything it will later in the season already.

Its not a movie you will see when you have are used to tv shows. Good television, great tv shows are better than most films today because its a long form of storytelling like books. It has to tell the same story over season and many hours and not limited everything to 2 hours film.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gt500x View Post
    Overall, when I shut down my urge to question things I found the show interesting. Things such as the mastery of martial arts needs to be explained. It was irking me to not have that answered quickly. And then there was the ease with which he slipped into his role of playboy a-hole/kick ass super hero after returning to civilization; it was too seamless. Oliver/GA essentially hit the ground running somehow and -- maybe I'm just being too critical -- that just sat in my stomach like a rotten bean burrito.

I'll watch more in the future to see if that discomfort comes back and if so will something be done about it.
    Oh boy, here we go again. Just like in the 'Revolution' thread, we have viewers who wanted all the information spoonfed to them within the first ten minutes of the first freakin' episode. Tuck your boner back into your pants and chill out, man. It will obviously be much more interesting with flashbacks to his origin throughout the season/series. Obviously, somebody taught him survival/archery/fighting/etc. while he was on the island, he most likely was not alone, the Deathstroke mask is the biggest clue to that. Just let it play out, otherwise what are you left with? A over-simplified origin story followed by a freak-of-the-week format woudl get stale pretty quick.

The Green Knight Lord of the Unreal's Avatar

I thought the first episode was awsome. I liked that they put the Deathstroke mask in the begining and that his sister is speedie. I was not sure if Merlin was Green arrows freind but you now it will add to it.

Lot of liberties I'm curious about

for one why is it called "Starling City"

He has sister (or is it the siters friend)...who is called Speedy...ut the part they kept was the drug use? Hope there no scenes in alleyways with dead cats

yes Dinah Laurel Lances's dad was a cop....but she has a siter? geuss being a lawyer is more important than being a florist

the "makeup mask" seems lane...a fake van dyke beard would have been better

....and still wonderign how he will get out of explaining knocking out "diggle"

The fact that he killed didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It does make sense that he would be more ruthless due to his experience on the island as his kill or be killed survival instincts would still be very strong. It would be interesting to see him go from a more brutal Punisher type hero to being more like Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathawk1 View Post
    Lot of liberties I'm curious about

for one why is it called "Starling City"

He has sister (or is it the siters friend)...who is called Speedy...ut the part they kept was the drug use? Hope there no scenes in alleyways with dead cats

yes Dinah Laurel Lances's dad was a cop....but she has a siter? geuss being a lawyer is more important than being a florist
    the "makeup mask" seems lane...a fake van dyke beard would have been better

....and still wonderign how he will get out of explaining knocking out "diggle"
    it helps to move the story....as a lawyer working in a legal aid office, she would be in contact with unsavory characters

it is Starling City, but it is referred to as Star City....Im not nitpicky about it, and honestly I don't think it really matters what they call it as its made up anyway
    Support your local roller derby league

The show rocks ,that is all from me.I can't wait to see the other heroes from Dc U how they will feel in the show
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    The fact that he killed didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It does make sense that he would be more ruthless due to his experience on the island as his kill or be killed survival instincts would still be very strong. It would be interesting to see him go from a more brutal Punisher type hero to being more like Batman.
    and I would not....I have no issue with him killing when the situation calls for it

I know its probably already been asked and answered but I will do it anyway..."Why not GREEN ARROW?"

Is this Merlin guy from GA comics too?
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    I know its probably already been asked and answered but I will do it anyway..."Why not GREEN ARROW?"
    marketing....too comic booky

Arrow is very ambiguous and meant to have a wider appeal

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Is this Merlin guy from GA comics too?
    Yep. A rival archer and hit man for hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    marketing....too comic booky

Arrow is very ambiguous and meant to have a wider appeal
    I will smile if they refer to him as the Emerald Archer somewhere down the line.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...