Page 2 of 242 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

I'll be on the fence with the show for the next couple episodes. A few things I dont like, and a few things I do. I'm hoping for good things when Huntress shows up, because I saw NO chemistry with Dinah/Oliver.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

I was really surprised by the ep, i didnt The actor expect being able to badass street level Hero. He was awesome in portryaing GA atttitude and the action.

I hope this becomes the first really good suphero tv of this kind. The other actors or lame writing only can get in the way.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I seem to recall conner killing dudes, or at least being much less annoying.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It was pretty awesome really. My only complaint is a minor one. The whole painted on mask deal. Just give him a nice mask deal like he had in the 1990's. (I can't find the image but its where they revamped his costume in the 1990's and had a cool mask for him).

I'm glad its doing great in the ratings.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

What network is it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianjd View Post
    What network is it on?
    CW Network....
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Overall, when I shut down my urge to question things I found the show interesting. Things such as the mastery of martial arts needs to be explained. It was irking me to not have that answered quickly. And then there was the ease with which he slipped into his role of playboy a-hole/kick ass super hero after returning to civilization; it was too seamless. Oliver/GA essentially hit the ground running somehow and -- maybe I'm just being too critical -- that just sat in my stomach like a rotten bean burrito.

I'll watch more in the future to see if that discomfort comes back and if so will something be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gt500x View Post
    Overall, when I shut down my urge to question things I found the show interesting. Things such as the mastery of martial arts needs to be explained. It was irking me to not have that answered quickly. And then there was the ease with which he slipped into his role of playboy a-hole/kick ass super hero after returning to civilization; it was too seamless.
    Well, those always were huge gaping holes in his comics origin as well, weren't they?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Overall, when I shut down my urge to question things I found the show interesting. Things such as the mastery of martial arts needs to be explained. It was irking me to not have that answered quickly. And then there was the ease with which he slipped into his role of playboy a-hole/kick ass super hero after returning to civilization; it was too seamless. Oliver/GA essentially hit the ground running somehow and -- maybe I'm just being too critical -- that just sat in my stomach like a rotten bean burrito.

I'll watch more in the future to see if that discomfort comes back and if so will something be done about it.
    the martial arts my have something to down with the deathstroke colored rock

I think if anyone saw the mask laying in the sand , that is a hint where Oliver learned his martial arts skills. I think viewers have to have a patience and stop wanting ALL ANSWERS NOW . Because it ruins the aspect a show which as we will see...will unveil things as we go along.

I'm very interested in the show, cuz of Katie Cassidy!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Still snapped the one dude's neck at least.
    That was more to protect his secret identity. I'm not a big fan of super heroes killing in general, but - as already said - Ollie hasn't had a Supes/Bats type code against it for a while. In the comics he first killed some one in a Flash back up, went to the ashram for the first time because of that, came back to save Black Canary with a blood transfusion, later killed saving Dinah again, after which he started killing occasionally (Grell run)...he killed several people leading up to his final arc before Zero Hour, leading him to the ashram again, then killed Prometheus in the horrible Cry for JUSTICE!!!...I think that's it.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

And then there was the ease with which he slipped into his role of playboy a-hole/kick ass super hero after returning to civilization; it was too seamless.
    Ease? He's scarred, distant, sleeping on the floor and nearly beating people who wake him up...
    Last edited by dupersuper; 10-12-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Elder Member

Overall, when I shut down my urge to question things I found the show interesting. Things such as the mastery of martial arts needs to be explained.
    They will be explained. Just not all in the first episode or two. He says in the voiceover that he faced dangers on the island that forced him to forge himself into weapon. As the flashbacks continue, I'll assume we'll find out more and more about why and how that happened. But it's not going to be some kind of massive exposition dump (at least I hope not).

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

I didn't know what to expect, but I was surprised. This show actually has a chance to become something. GA looks badass and is not a softy. I agree with the zero chemistry between Dinah and Oliver. I like Katie Cassidy, but in this episode she was really bland. I hope this gets better in the future as long as it doesn't become too Smallville. Can't wait until we see Huntress, Deadshot and Deathstroke. And Canary of course.