Page 51 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

BANNED

so what do you guys think, is there really two Deathstrokes, or is it just the one guy?

BANNED

oh wow, just looked this Manu Bennett guy up...he was the main baddie Orc in The Hobbit. Cool!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    I'm a little confused about why Slades partner is fighting against the other side and not with him, did i miss that explanation or something?
    No, but I think the show's pretty well established that it's not in the business of doling out explanations in nice, neat chunks upfront. All will be revealed in time.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    so what do you guys think, is there really two Deathstrokes, or is it just the one guy?
    Wouldn't surprise me if the guy actually did have a twin and the one we are seeing is Ravager.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Like I said, something to be desired in the criminal mastermind department.
    For real. It's not like Ollie can't anticipate the possibility of needing more arrows or whatever.

Arrow overall has enough strong points to keep watching, but the writing can be weak in points.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    For real. It's not like Ollie can't anticipate the possibility of needing more arrows or whatever.

Arrow overall has enough strong points to keep watching, but the writing can be weak in points.
    If there's a weakpoint that the show has it's the villains. The only interesting one I've seen as of late is Dark Archer/Malcolm and some noteworthy ones in the flashback. The rest that was shown is forgettable.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

If you put it up against other shows that also have a "monster/villain of the week" format, I'd say Arrow is doing pretty darn good.

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Or maybe Slade just hasn't become Deathstroke yet - the one wearing the mask hasn't been given a name in story yet, maybe he's just what inspires Slade's ultimate look. It's an interesting twist making Slade Ollie's mentor, but its still very early on in the five years on the island. Could be something happens that leads to Slade taking up the uniform of the current 'Deathstroke' and puts him and Ollie at odds.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    Well there Ravager did appear in the comics first and they have similar costumes.

I'm a little confused about why Slades partner is fighting against the other side and not with him, did i miss that explanation or something?
    I'm guessing his partner is undercover, though torturing Ollie, killing the other soldier dude in a fight, he does seem pretty evil to me. don't forget it is mentioned the "other Deathstroke" is one of the remaining prisoners on the island along with Yao Fei, it's a complete mystery who the hell he is and what his true motivations are up to this point.

Am I the only one that thinks Slade is just straight up lying to Ollie? Or have the show creators said there are two people wearing the Deathstroke mask?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Slade is just straight up lying to Ollie? Or have the show creators said there are two people wearing the Deathstroke mask?
    Well, it's a good bet he's lying to Ollie about something, if for no other reason than everybody on this show is lying to somebody about something. But I doubt he's lying about not being the guy who tortured him because it would be much too obvious a lie.

I think he's lying to Ollie too.

I'm watching it tomorrow. Will return with my views.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I found Laurel incredibly hypocritical in this episode. Getting on her dad's case for lying when she is doing the same thing to Tommy. Now I get being upset at being used as bait, but she also made a big deal about the lying.

But why lie about it? He's pretty much Oliver's only chance of getting off the island(as far as Ollie knows at the time). If it's a choice between dying on the island or escaping with the help of a dude who tortured me I know which one I'm picking.
    Last edited by Surtur; 02-08-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I found Laurel incredibly hypocritical in this episode. Getting on her dad's case for lying when she is doing the same thing to Tommy. Now I get being upset at being used as bait, but she also made a big deal about the lying.
    Well, strictly speaking, she never lied to Tommy about "The Hood." She just never told him she was in contact with him. All of her contacts with him came as part of cases she was working on; is she obligated to tell her boyfriend everything she does on the job? An easy case could be made that Laurel was trying to protect Tommy by keeping him out of the loop. Conversely, Det. Lance was basically using his daughter as a stalking horse which, as she noted, resulted in her being on the business end of about a dozen SWAT rifles. When he gave her the phone back, he explicitly said that he was backing off and, instead, was bugging her conversations and using her as bait.

I really don't see the two as being equal transgressions.