Page 36 of 246 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

I am very disappointed with the portrayal of Huntress. That was a big letdown. The woman is woody and has no Huntress vibe at all. And to really nitpick, she doesn't look Italian at all let alone that she really knows how to speak it. Come to think of it, her real name shows she must have Dutch roots and Dutch women are known for their woodyness and lack of emotion.
    Was it so hard to cast someone good for Huntress? Maybe things will improve in the future with the Huntress, but I doubt it.
    However, Arrow is still enjoyable and I can't wait for the return of Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Eh, I find it boring because I can't help but feel Laurel and Oliver will eventually end up together. With that even possibly being a reason Tommy turns bad down the line.

I know it's a tv show and not the comic so nothing is set in stone, but it feels like the Lana/Whitney relationship from Smallville. You knew it was doomed from the very beginning.
    Oh I agree completely, I'm just saying on a show that seemed to get a lot of things right, you would hope that the show runners would find a way to get the only two charismatic members of it's cast on screen more. Preferably together.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTaskmaster View Post
    I am very disappointed with the portrayal of Huntress. That was a big letdown. The woman is woody and has no Huntress vibe at all. And to really nitpick, she doesn't look Italian at all let alone that she really knows how to speak it. Come to think of it, her real name shows she must have Dutch roots and Dutch women are known for their woodyness and lack of emotion.
    Was it so hard to cast someone good for Huntress? Maybe things will improve in the future with the Huntress, but I doubt it.
    However, Arrow is still enjoyable and I can't wait for the return of Deathstroke.
    I can see why they cant cast an Italian but they could have at least get someone that closely resembles one to play the role. Especially the role of her father since neither of them look Italian
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Everybody white looking in a western country can look like Italian. My fav italian soccer player looks like blond viking with big yellow beard and not like someone with black hair,dark soutern european skin. You cant stereotype a whole people to mob stereotype of American comics,films....
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I'm not sold on the huntress's actress as an actress but she might grow out of it the same way Ollie's actor did.

I thought it was a good episode. I dont see Ollie as a hypocrite for calling Helena different than him because he cares more about who he targets and the effects it has on the city, often deviating from the list when necessary and has Diggle to keep him in check(or atleast try) where Helena has none of those.

Plus the reveal of who the well dress man was is awesome. tommy feels more like harry osborn than lex luthor because he still might have a shot at being a good guy.
    Last edited by Zak213; 11-30-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I would if said actress showed any emotion behind it and not look like she's reading off of a cue card. If you don't like that I don't feel any sympathy towards her then thats on you. Sticking with my opinion. If you like her then thats cool but I'd appreciate you respect my opinion concerning her. If not then whatever.
    I wasn't aware I was being disrespectful...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

There's always some nice things that I enjoy, whatever is going on in the main story. A good chance to spot locations in this episode--seems like they did a lot of filming around Cathedral Square. It's hard not to think this is Vancouver. Indian restaurants, Italian restaurants. The Bertinellis must've come to town some generations ago, which is why they don't seem very Italian and more Westcoast.

I picked up three different artist names: Staton--a call-out to Helena's co-creator; Adams--one of Green Arrow and Batman's best artists; Rousseau--Craig Rousseau, maybe? Probably others that I missed.

It's hard to believe that Thea is still in high school. Surely, the only reason for this is so she can wear that naughty schoolgirl outfit. It's hard to believe John Barrowman can be Tommy's father--maybe he adopted Tommy, or maybe he's got some of that immortality thing going.

Frankly there are so many little things going on during any given episode, that it doesn't matter if it all adds up to something really big. As long as they are juggling so many balls in the air, the series will be interesting.

Yeah Merlin's father doesn't look old enough to be his father at all it's just kind of weird.

I think it's kind of funny that the shows biggest douchebag on this show is the cop everyone else at least has some charm or something relate-able about them for me.

the actress who played Huntress was not entirely convincing enough especially when she was supposed to be upset and crying.

Has anyone noticed that Ollie's mom has some kooky eyes? kind of freaks me out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    It's hard to believe John Barrowman can be Tommy's father--maybe he adopted Tommy, or maybe he's got some of that immortality thing going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    Yeah Merlin's father doesn't look old enough to be his father at all it's just kind of weird.
    Agreed. They look around the same age.

But onto another (well, kind of the same) topic. Do you think that the father may be Arthur Douglas (who changed his name to Merlyn)? It would make sense and it's a good twist.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I'm not sold on the huntress's actress as an actress but she might grow out of it the same way Ollie's actor did.

I thought it was a good episode. I dont see Ollie as a hypocrite for calling Helena different than him because he cares more about who he targets and the effects it has on the city, often deviating from the list when necessary and has Diggle to keep him in check(or atleast try) where Helena has none of those.

Plus the reveal of who the well dress man was is awesome. tommy feels more like harry osborn than lex luthor because he still might have a shot at being a good guy.
    I said before that this mirrors Smallvillie so It made him feel even more like Lex to me.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    I said before that this mirrors Smallvillie
    Speaking of which, it looks to me that the house they're using for the exterior of Queen Manor is the same one they used for the Luthor Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Agreed. They look around the same age.

But onto another (well, kind of the same) topic. Do you think that the father may be Arthur Douglas (who changed his name to Merlyn)? It would make sense and it's a good twist.
    or something similar...I'm thinking Tommy is adopted
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I wasn't aware I was being disrespectful...
    You wasn't. Just stating that while I respect your opinion concerning Huntress I just don't feel the same way
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTaskmaster View Post
    I wasn't aware there was a template for "Italian" as Italians look different depending on the region they or their family may be from

and that is kind of a nonsensical statement as when they do casting calls, you work with what shows up...she's not great, but not horrible IMO....Im not that versed in the character, just what Ive read in some Batman comics and her portrayal in JLU....and to be fair Amell was a bit stiff in the first two episodes but he's gotten better
    Support your local roller derby league