Page 32 of 241 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Hold on..at the end did Diggle tell Oliver that the member of the Flush Gang who got shot survived? Or did he mean a different member? Or was it someone else entirely?
    I thought he was talking about the cop that got shot in the beginning.
    Broadcast OTA = Free TV
    Basic Cable = Low Cost TV
    Premium Cable = Mid Cost TV
    PPV = High Cost TV
    OK!?!
    Wild Card
    My DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Hold on..at the end did Diggle tell Oliver that the member of the Flush Gang who got shot survived? Or did he mean a different member? Or was it someone else entirely?
    He was talking about the cop who was shot in the bank.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

My favorite part in this episode was the tender moment scene with Oliver and his mother at the diner. I liked how she's involved with this crime organization she can't get out of and trying to maintain a relationship with Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    My favorite part in this episode was the tender moment scene with Oliver and his mother at the diner. I liked how she's involved with this crime organization she can't get out of and trying to maintain a relationship with Oliver.
    The worst part was when he took the cape, the bank have cameras there.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I found it odd that a grown man was asking a teenage girl for romantic advice. And I couldn't tell if she was just upset because Tommy was interested in Dinah laurel and not her, or if she maybe had something against DL from her tim with Ollie.
    He's only 6 - 8 years older than her, and seems to have little experience outside of 1 night stands. As for her feelings, I think it was clearly the former, what with the way she hit on him. I'm not sure how Canary has treated Ollie any worse than she has, and she at least had a reason to be pissed at him beyond "I thought you were dead and freaked".

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Btw. since you guys (or was it brought up in the other arrow thread?) brought up Cassidy`s improved boobs I keep staring at them. Now I am conflicted - I found her prettier in Supernatural but I like the improved boobs
    Improved?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafha View Post
    The worst part was when he took the cape, the bank have cameras there.
    Cape?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Improved?
    Earlier in the thread, there was some discussion of her bustline appearing to be more substantial than in her past appearances on other shows.

Elder Member

He's only 6 - 8 years older than her, and seems to have little experience outside of 1 night stands.
    She's a H.S. student, he's a grown man. And given that fact (and what we've seen of Thea's own lifestyle) it's pretty unlikely she has any extensive experience with ongoing relationships on which to draw and offer counsel. It's weird. And kind of creepy (a fact that Tommy himself tacitly acknowledged when he realized what was going on with Thea).

As for her feelings, I think it was clearly the former, what with the way she hit on him. I'm not sure how Canary has treated Ollie any worse than she has, and she at least had a reason to be pissed at him beyond "I thought you were dead and freaked".
    It's "clearly the former" in that she clearly has feelings for him. But that doesn't preclude her also having some issues with Dinah. And those issues aren't necessarily that she "treated him any worse" than Thea has. It could just be simple jealously towards a woman who's sucking up all the attention from the men that Thea wants paying attention to her.

Elder Member

He's only 6 - 8 years older than her
    Oh, and assuming that Ollie and Tommy are roughly the same age, then he's about 10 years older than Thea. (She's 16 and, according to the polygraph Q&A Ollie was born in 1985, which makes him 27.)

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Oh, and assuming that Ollie and Tommy are roughly the same age, then he's about 10 years older than Thea. (She's 16 and, according to the polygraph Q&A Ollie was born in 1985, which makes him 27.)
    Wow, I didn't realize he was that old. I thought Thea was 17 though.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Man, the first 15 minutes or so of this episode was not shy about the name drops (Keystone City, Coast City, Stagg Industries, etc). Diggle's proving his worth to Ollie, and I'm glad we got an episode where he fights regular crime (and actually acknowledges it, it's funny, he's almost the reverse of his introduction in JLU where all he'd do is fight small crime and not see the bigger picture). Light on the flashbacks this time, but honestly, we could've done without them entirely.

The Royal Flush Gang were better than most of the other villains, but I wouldn't have minded to see a bit more of their family dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I would make him a arrow copycat/supporter to raise the question of Arrow inspiring a wave of copycat vigilantes.
    I could definitely see that happening with Roy, and Ollie has to take him under his wing for whatever reason. If they make Roy Thea's age, they have the potential to make a better mentor/sidekick dynamic than any of the live action Batman and Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    Tommy is definitely my favorite character on the show, so it's going to suck for me when/if he goes dark. Same thing happened with Lex on Smallville. Ah well, I should enjoy the character as well.
    The difference is, everyone knew Lex was going to be evil, and his dark side was there pretty much from the start. When it happens for Tommy, assuming they do it in a logical way, it'll be a total shock. My friend has really been getting into the show, and I mentioned I like it but some of the villains feel flat. I was going to say with the exception of Merlyn, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise for her when he does become a villain.

Anyone else think that cop at the beginning was extremely stupid? Even if he had surpised one of them it still leaves 2 others armed with automatic weapons in an enclosed space full of civilians.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Anyone else think that cop at the beginning was extremely stupid? Even if he had surpised one of them it still leaves 2 others armed with automatic weapons in an enclosed space full of civilians.
    Not to mention he was on his belly trying to reach an ankle holster. Who the hell did he think he was, John McClain?

I think of the five sidekicks, mia and roy are likely to come on the show given that they are easier to tweak to ollie's young age. Artemis and cissie are legacy characters so its easier just to play up there parents instead. Connor hawke is ollie's son and works better with ollie as a old guy trying to reconnect to his kid. You can make him ollie's half-brother but that could make things too soap operish or its easier for ollie or roy to take his place in the ashram.
    Last edited by Zak213; 11-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.

I see Roy being mentioned. Has he been confirmed as showing up?

nope but he could be down the road.