Page 26 of 237 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Nice nod to the comic there.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Fantastic episode, Deathstroke was creepy as hell, can't wait to see more of him.

Loving the Diggle team-up. They work well together.

Someone last week (in this thread) was questioning the fact that the plot was moving too fast and why did they choose to have Ollie arrested on suspicion of being Green Arrow in the 4th episode. I think it was a actually a smart move by the writers, because now Ollie has established pretty much without a doubt that he isn't. So that potential problem is sort of out of the way now.

Also, to anyone complaining that Amell is a bad actor -- personally I felt he really gave a great performance in the end scene with Laurel. He's a tortured man, struggling with lots of issues deep inside. I think he is playing the character pretty much spot on.
    Easily the best ep so far, it felt like reading a good Green Arrow or any good street level hero comics like Daredevil or Nightwing. I forgot it was CW level with their history of Smallville type bad action scenes, teen angst.

Here Deathstroke was fricking awesome and i barely know the guy other Teen Titans comics. The fight with the Chinese archer was very cool, well done.

Ollie is growing alot as smart hero and dedicated to his cause. He can trick,outsmart the police but naturally much harder fooling your ex and your sister than knowing how to lie to a lie detector.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think the only way we'll see Black Canary is if something happens to her father. He's probably the main reason she's not in costume
    Please please please.

As i mentioned last week he is the worst part of the show, Everything else i love but when he is on screen i just lose interest.

Great episode this week though, Deathstroke looked badass

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

from episode 1 of Arrow:

from cover of Longbow Hunters comic:

Nice catch. I didn't know that was a dragon's head tattoo on his back. A definite nod to Shado.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

The appearance of Deathstroke was a holy shit moment for me. That was FN cool. I didn't expect him already and I am really curious what they will do with him (apart from losing the eye). This show really surprises me and I am glad the CW gets it a bit. It was not something I expected. It's time Huntress showed up, because I am curious how they will handle that. And I would love to see the Question, Shiva , Harley Quinn and Shado.

The scene where Deathstroke was about to torture Queen with that knife freaked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    The scene where Deathstroke was about to torture Queen with that knife freaked me out.
    How about the scene where he actually did?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

from episode 1 of Arrow:
    Attachment 104023

from cover of Longbow Hunters comic:
    Attachment 104024
    I can't help but wonder if Shado may be a future "trapped on the island" guest-star.

Have to say I was a little disappointed in Deathstroke so far. The mask would've looked better with a darker orange though that may be the filter they use on the flashback scenes at play. More importantly, I was disappointed he had no dialogue. Deathstroke is more than a dangerous thug, and I'd hope his portrayal will eventually reflect that, but so far it hasn't. His fight scene was good though (honestly the fight scenes on this show are some of the best on television).

BANNED

Yeah the Deathstroke fight was awesome, as was the Ollie vs hitman one. Great action scenes in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTaskmaster View Post
    The appearance of Deathstroke was a holy shit moment for me. That was FN cool. I didn't expect him already and I am really curious what they will do with him (apart from losing the eye). This show really surprises me and I am glad the CW gets it a bit. It was not something I expected. It's time Huntress showed up, because I am curious how they will handle that. And I would love to see the Question, Shiva , Harley Quinn and Shado.
    I'd leave Harley, but Shiva and the Question would work no doubt.

Put them in Arrow or do a Question series, Shiva the antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    I'd leave Harley, but Shiva and the Question would work no doubt.

Put them in Arrow or do a Question series, Shiva the antagonist.
    Why steal from the Bat-verse when you can take Cheshire, Shado, Onomatopoeia & Count Vertigo from Ollie's 'rogues'.

I agree, hence leaving Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sneak View Post
    Why steal from the Bat-verse when you can take Cheshire, Shado, Onomatopoeia & Count Vertigo from Ollie's 'rogues'.
    Purely speculative predictions (most contingent on the show lasting several seasons ala Smallville):

We will see Shado, if not as an island inhabitant, than as a guest-star/supporting character at some point.

Onomatopoeia might have a decent chance of showing up, but he'll be screwed up (in terms of depiction) if he does.

Cheshire is a good pick, and I think quite likely to happen.

I'd put decent odds on the Question showing up if the show goes long enough, particularly if Huntress becomes a semi-regular guest star, giving them the position of "Beta Couple" for Ollie and Laurel.

Count Vertigo -might- already be on the show...

Shiva may be more of a long shot (no pun intended) especially if they use Cheshire and/or Shado at some point.

So was it just me or did DS seem a bit superhuman? I could of sworn he snatched that arrow out of the air. Not massively superhuman and I suppose it could be high end real life peak human.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    So was it just me or did DS seem a bit superhuman? I could of sworn he snatched that arrow out of the air. Not massively superhuman and I suppose it could be high end real life peak human.
    I would say he was peak human reflexes speed like Daredevil,Batman type and not superhuman level. He snatched that arrow out of the air because he saw it coming and could time it with some fast reflexes. Thats humanly possible in his level of superhero,villain world.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk