Page 25 of 241 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

I think the only way we'll see Black Canary is if something happens to her father. He's probably the main reason she's not in costume
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think the only way we'll see Black Canary is if something happens to her father. He's probably the main reason she's not in costume
    At least they mentioned her wearing fishnets, I also saw Slade made a cameo, I know he's going to appear in Starling city soon.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The general idea they're going for I believe
    I think it would've been better if it was intimidating and creepy but it wasn't. It was just odd looking and creepy. lol

Was I correct in seeing that Deathstroke had both eyes?

Elder Member

Good episode. We're starting seeing the rippling ramifications of all the lies and deceptions. I wonder though hoe Det. Lance found out about the scars on Ollie's body. Medical records are confidential and bound by doctor /patient privilege.

As a big fan of the Chuck Dixon run on GA (particular the Connor Hawke years) I find it odd that, while every other DC character who has appeared/is going to appear on the show (Deadshot, Deathstroke, Huntress, even the Royal Flush Gang) has gotten a big publicity push online, there wasn't any real build up (unless I missed it) for the appearance of Eddie Fyers, who was a major supporting character in GA for years under Dixon (granted, the character was actually created by Mike Grell, it was under Dixon that the character was really developed). Although, admittedly, the "Edward Fyers" who appeared on the show bore no resemblance to the one in the comic. It's especially interesting because, it wasn't until Fyers appeared that I realized something that had been staring me in the face all along . . . he character of John Diggle is actually, for all intents and purposes, a spin on the comic version of Eddie Fyers: ex-military turned private contractor who gets co-opted into G.A.'s war on crime.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

They also name-dropped another DC character.

Kate Spencer, the Manhunter.

The ADA working with Detective Lance was named Spencer.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Was I correct in seeing that Deathstroke had both eyes?
    Yes, he will lose one eventually though. He was pretty neat.

I enjoyed the set up for the Royal flush and implications felt across the board by everyone around Oliver. Great island moments ( it is obvious Ollie will become the same type of person the Asian archer is, ultimately replacing him. I like that angle a lot.)

The writing on this show is surprising me and I like that too.
    Last edited by aNamored; 11-08-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

The Green Knight Lord of the Unreal's Avatar

I am loving the series so far.
    "The dream does not end until I say so."

BANNED

Fantastic episode, Deathstroke was creepy as hell, can't wait to see more of him.

Loving the Diggle team-up. They work well together.

Someone last week (in this thread) was questioning the fact that the plot was moving too fast and why did they choose to have Ollie arrested on suspicion of being Green Arrow in the 4th episode. I think it was a actually a smart move by the writers, because now Ollie has established pretty much without a doubt that he isn't. So that potential problem is sort of out of the way now.

Also, to anyone complaining that Amell is a bad actor -- personally I felt he really gave a great performance in the end scene with Laurel. He's a tortured man, struggling with lots of issues deep inside. I think he is playing the character pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Someone last week (in this thread) was questioning the fact that the plot was moving too fast and why did they choose to have Ollie arrested on suspicion of being Green Arrow in the 4th episode. I think it was a actually a smart move by the writers, because now Ollie has established pretty much without a doubt that he isn't. So that potential problem is sort of out of the way now.
    I wouldn't say without a doubt. Polygraph results aren't admissible evidence. And even Laurel questioned the results. As for the other Green Arrow sighting, anyone with half a brain would consider he might have an accomplice. On the other hand, there's still reason to suspect Ollie is the Green Arrow.

1) The timing of Arrow's arrival coincides with Ollie's return.
    2) His friends and family have noticed changes in his behavior.
    3) His disappearances have not gone unnoticed by his family and bodyguards.
    4) The video footage

Granted, I don't believe any of this was enough to arrest Ollie but Det. Lance would be a complete idiot if he didn't still consider Ollie a possible suspect.

Anyway, good ep. The Deathstroke mask turned out to be a little cheesier than I expected.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

We know that Ollie IS the archer (and I refuse to use "the hood" as a name, it is a stupid and hopefully a one time use by Laurel). But let's be honest, if we didn't and we only saw Detective Lances "evidence" and then saw that Ollie was in the house when the archer took out a bunch of gun dealers... well, we would have to be pretty stupid to keep going after someone who was proven NOT to be the archer.

Knowing there is a vigilante in the city is one thing. Assuming that there is a partner/accomplice without ANY evidence is what is stupid.

And after last week and people here saying how it was dumb of Ollie to not know there were cameras... well... IN YOUR FACE!!!!

Pretty good planning on the part of the writers to have Ollie realize that his return and the appearance of the archer would naturally raise suspicions. And good planning on Ollie's part to set up his own arrest so he could then set up proof that he isn't the Archer.

This show is proving to be smarter than we gave it credit for. And I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Knowing there is a vigilante in the city is one thing. Assuming that there is a partner/accomplice without ANY evidence is what is stupid.
    Why is it stupid? There is an accomplice and I think one might consider that if they were investigating this case. I'm not saying that Lance should keep harassing Ollie but I see no reason why he should completely rule him out as a suspect either.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Why is it stupid? There is an accomplice and I think one might consider that if they were investigating this case. I'm not saying that Lance should keep harassing Ollie but I see no reason why he should completely rule him out as a suspect either.
    Because Lance's entire profile is based around Ollie being psychotic from his experiences on the island and that being motive for his one man war on crime. To assume it is still Ollie, you'd have to assume that a madman has in the course of weeks(because a 5 year absence gave him no time to prep one beforehand) gotten a disciple skilled enough to pass for him convincingly. And that is just not a leap most people would be willing to make because it makes no sense. Could someone still think it was him, yes, but it would be baseless and built mostly on nothing but a vague hunch devoid of reasonable fact. I could see Lance still think that since he has it out for Ollie, but that woulld be purely based on his vendetta rather than facts. Kinda makes me wonder if his drinking at that end was because he thinks he was wrong or because he thinks he was right but just doesn't know how to prove it. Though i might be overthinking that, it just might be because so much history got dragged out.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

BANNED

Also, in general, when there is a serial killer or crazy dude on the loose, cops don't just automatically assume there is an accomplice without any evidence to indicate as much.

BANNED

from episode 1 of Arrow:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arrow_S01E01_Pilot_720p_WEB_DL_DD5_1_H_264_ECI_mkv0548.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	104023

from cover of Longbow Hunters comic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	210px-Shado02.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	39.6 KB