Page 1 of 237 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Default Arrow

Tonight was the premiere. I have yet to watch it, but it's have to saved to watch once I put my daughter to sleep, and will post my opinions then. In the mean time, what did everyone else think about it? Feel like it has potential, or wasn't enough to say yet? Not satisfied, or excited for what's to come?
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power, Green Lantern's light

Wow, how has this thread gone unnoticed? I figured there would be more excitement.

Long story short, this series is Batman Begins with a bow and arrow. And that's not a complaint.

The acting is--well, it's the CW, so the acting is always gonna be suspect. Every actor is a completely unknown, appropriately attractive 20-something, and there's lots of anguish and feelings. Oh God, the feelings...

The action sequences stood out to me. The fight scenes showed off some of the best choreography I've ever seen in a TV show. (It upstages NBC's Revolution by a mile in this aspect.)

The storyline is nothing new (see: Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy), but I do like the twist of spoilers:
    the mother as the Big Bad.
    end of spoilers

I'll be back for episode 2, but I'm not sold yet.

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

I haven't watched it yet, but I will. I am curious as how they will handle Deadshot, Huntress and Deathstroke.

BANNED

I thought it was pretty good. Some tense scenes, good action, and a couple parts that made me crack a grin. Looks as if we are going to have flashbacks to the island/origin throughout the season (or series). Queen/Arrow comes off as pretty bad ass and cool.

Lots of press about villains leading up to the premiere, so I'm sure there will be a "bad guy of the week" format, however they did do quite a bit of setup for the overarching storyline.

Rocky, not really sure if I'd qualify that as a "twist." You could see it coming from a mile away. Smells a lot like Lionel Luthor ala Smallville to me.
    Last edited by jediracer; 10-11-2012 at 08:56 AM.

I dug it...we'll see where it goes

apparently there will also be a version of the Royal Flush Gang
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    I thought it was pretty good. Some tense scenes, good action, and a couple parts that made me crack a grin. Looks as if we are going to have flashbacks to the island/origin throughout the season (or series). Queen/Arrow comes off as pretty bad ass and cool.

Lots of press about villains leading up to the premiere, so I'm sure there will be a "bad guy of the week" format, however they did do quite a bit of setup for the overarching storyline.

Rocky, not really sure if I'd qualify that as a "twist." You could see it coming from a mile away. Smells a lot like Lionel Luthor ala Smallville to me.
    Yeah the whole show had a Smallvillie outline feel with some of the characters.

Arrow/Clark=Hero
    Merlin/Lex= Best friend soon to be enemy
    Speedy/Chloe= sister like soon to be sidekick.
    Moira/ Lionel= parental figure with dark hidden agenda
    Dinah/Lana= girl he loves that he keep pushing away to keep her safe.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Just finished the first episode..I honestly didn't like it much. I'm not saying I won't ever watch again, but right now it hasn't endeared me to it.

I also have to ask..there is the part where GA straight up kills a dude..does GA act like that in the comics? Since one would think he wouldn't fit in with the JLA crowd if he was.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

BANNED

This is not a comic book. And he killed several people throughout the episode. Which is part of why it was awesome.

This is not a comic book. And he killed several people throughout the episode. Which is part of why it was awesome.
    Oh I'm not saying it's bad if he didn't do anything like that in the comics..I was just curious on his comic characters kill policy.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure no killing in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Just finished the first episode..I honestly didn't like it much. I'm not saying I won't ever watch again, but right now it hasn't endeared me to it.

I also have to ask..there is the part where GA straight up kills a dude..does GA act like that in the comics? Since one would think he wouldn't fit in with the JLA crowd if he was.
    there are some older GA stories where he does kill....Longbow Hunters and some other stories around that time 70s / 80s

I'm pretty sure no killing in the comics
    He's far from absolutist about it like Batman, but he's not exactly a Wolverine/Punisher type either.

Oliver Queen has killed in the comics, and it wasn't just in Cry For Justice. But it's a rare thing.

Mike Grell's run in particular was several shades darker than normal.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

here's a good article comparing the show to the comic:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ic-book-374921

you see the guy in the office yelling about how GA put three of his guys in the hospital while holding up an arrow...Queen doesn't kill just any henchmen but isn't above making them into pin cushions

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    you see the guy in the office yelling about how GA put three of his guys in the hospital while holding up an arrow...Queen doesn't kill just any henchmen but isn't above making them into pin cushions
    Still snapped the one dude's neck at least.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR