Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Uncanny Avengers #1

"Uncanny Avengers" #1 by Rick Remender and John Cassaday presents an impressive first installment about the newest team of Avengers to form following "Avengers Vs. X-Men."

Full article here.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, right...
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&®%!

Donald M.

Impressive my @$$!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

It's a great book, what the hell is wrong with some people.

Couldn't disagree more with the reviewer about Cap's costume. I've always loved Cassaday's chunky scale-male. It looks tough and impenetrable. This was a really good first issue. Remender brought a bit of his fucked up flair in the ending scene. It helps to soften the blow of losing him from X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They weren't going to like it regardless of what happened honestly.

I'm really curious to see what some other people who read it have to say about it. I honestly thought it looked terrible and passed.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Thumbs up Very Good Book, Excited for the Future!

This book beat out all my expectations.

The conversations were Very well done, detailed and made you think on a Deeper level.

Havok and Scott was a Good conversations, the dialogue between 2 Brothers is always Interesting.

The conversation between Rogue and Scarlet Witch was Great as well, very depth views in the talk.

The new Red Skull minions look like they came out of "Dante's Inferno", epic look and unique powers, The Villain that had the bug come out of him is like the DC comics hero Blood and the Demon Etrigan.

Finally, The Red Skull was Epic, what he will do with Mutants Minds and is planning is going to be something Really Bad.

Only Negative I have to say, all the Brains going around like something out of "The Walking Dead", this book is NOT for children. How will you get young, new readers into the book? But except for that it was Very Good!
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

I think it was impressive. Definitely sets up the series really well. I know where characters stand mentally and the villains big plan is formidable. Remender has been consistently strong in all of his books. Here's hoping this is even better than his best so far.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Only Negative I have to say, all the Brains going around like something out of "The Walking Dead", this book is NOT for children. How will you get young, new readers into the book? But except for that it was Very Good!
    The usual way, sex and blood.

It really depends on how young you're talking. But say junior high age? Is this really any more over the edge than your average Treehouse of Horror episode?

The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What is wrong is the fact that every character sounds like an asshole, except for Rogue and...Cyclops (OK, maybe Thor too, but he sounds stupid), and the last one was NOT intentional, the book dismisses the X-men's history, specially post M-day, as merely whining, and the last page is just an attempt of shocking in a cheap way.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&®%!

Donald M.

I was skeptical as I read it, but wound up enjoying it. The complaints about the gore are grossly (sorry) exaggerated to the extreme. I think it true that some people came into this book with a bias and a chip on their shoulder and they weren't going to like it no matter what, and they use the gore to underline their non-existent point.

Besides...

...they saved Xavier's brain!

It's brilliant! Can't you see how this will lead to his eventual return? Hell, he was already a brain on it's second body as it is! They'll just drop him in a jar (ala Martha) and clone him a new, new body and it will be business as usual!
    Cyclops was right.

I do sort of like the idea of saving Xaviers brain, from a sort of cheesy sci-fi perspective.

I'm not sure this means Xavier will return as a floating brain or whatever... but I think I think it's just a fun idea is a weird grotesque sort of way.

BANNED

It was okay. Probably not going to keep on following it. Still, 2 lobotomies and an impaling. YIKES.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It was okay. Probably not going to keep on following it. Still, 2 lobotomies and an impaling. YIKES.
    Weren't you banned? Like, yesterday?

I don't see how lobotomies are too bad for young readers. Not when massive guns blowing people up and names like 'Bloodgargle' in the 90s were the last things attracting decent numbers of under 25s into superheros.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood