Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Femme fatale.

SHe needs to be a villain, she needs to be Batgirl's main foe.
    Helena Wayne as the Huntress, horrible! RIP Helena Bertinelli April 1989 - August 2011 Rotten thing to do to your fans DC. Bait and switch. Horrible.

I would say a mixture of both is interesting. For her to not quite be totally villainous & have a few good morals. A character with shades of grey is far more interesting than a character that is painted black & white imo.

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

I'd like to see her as an uber successful professional thief, at the top of her game. Her heists should involve high value targets (corporate espionage, etc), tons of planning, and lots of double crosses.

She can help heroes out occasionally but never for free.

I'm less interested in Catwoman saving or exchanging pinky swears with street waifs or engaging in two bit thieving.

Quote Originally Posted by X-23_1977 View Post
    She has never been Batman's main foe. She has been one of Batman's main allies lots of times.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Not sure if you misread but X-23_1977 said Batgirl

I couldn't agree less with him.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

She should be a thief and villainess and thereby a Batman foe on a teasing cat and mouse level. The comic universe needs fewer anti-heroes. There has come to be such a plethora of them that they are no longer unique or interesting in any way.

I think Catwoman works best when everything she does is questionable. We've seen her be anti-heroic, a person doing bad things for good reasons, but we never she her being an anti-villain, a person doing good things for bad reasons. I think that it would suit her selfish and goal-oriented personality more.

She's always doing what she does for a specific purpose, but unlike Batman, that purpose is extremely short term. We usually is after a specific thing. She's only unpredictable in that these goals change often; Catwoman will always be after something. Always be driven onwards towards her next goal. Whatever she does is planned, exceptionally well (given her ability to put together complex heists in very short periods of time), but also chaotically and at a lightning pace.

I would think that, because of this, when she does something good it's more to serve her own ends than it is to do something just because it's good. Same goes for when she does something bad. She doesn't really care about moralizing and would probably think it was childish.

So... I think she's better as amoral. Which isn't really picking either anti-hero or villain all the time. But I suppose that's more anti-heroic...
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

She should be a character that's always looking out for her own best interests. So anyone who's got any sense / not blinded by emotion should realize that the only way to maintain an "alliance" with her is to make sure whatever you want her to do is continuously in her best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    I'd like to see her as an uber successful professional thief, at the top of her game. Her heists should involve high value targets (corporate espionage, etc), tons of planning, and lots of double crosses.

She can help heroes out occasionally but never for free.

I'm less interested in Catwoman saving or exchanging pinky swears with street waifs or engaging in two bit thieving.
    This.

She's an Anti-hero, but not in the bad-goodguy/good-badguy sense, but in the sense that she's a protagonist that isn't a hero.

She's not a villain, because I don't consider a thief to be a villain, but she's definitely no hero.

I always felt with Batman being the "World's Greatest Detective" that Catwoman should be given the title of "World's Greatest Burglar/Thief." She should be pulling off Mission Impossible meets Ocean's 11 type heists on the regular. She could mainly steal from bad people, if that helps, and could even give some of that away, but the main score should always be for herself.

Besides, the main appeal of the Batman/Catwoman dynamic, is that they are on opposite ends of the law.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Antihero, easily.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Not sure if you misread but X-23_1977 said Batgirl

I couldn't agree less with him.
    Yeah, I misread.
    Probably because it was such a farfetched and improbable notion.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by X-23_1977 View Post
    By Neil Gaiman's hair, NO.

I prefer her as anti-hero and occassional Bat-Family ally. Not as an outright villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    She's not a villain, because I don't consider a thief to be a villain,
    Ah, moral relativism. Now stealing isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Ah, moral relativism. Now stealing isn't bad.
    Sometimes it's not...? If one were to steal all the huge bonuses given to the higher ups in e banks bailed out by the government and funneled it towards the people who were hurt by that bank's failure, it would be undoubtedly a good thing, yes?
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.