Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Dark Horse Names Scott Allie Editor-in-Chief

After nearly 20 years with the company, Dark Horse editor Scott Allie has been named Editor-in-Chief, and he talks to CBR about expanding beyond Buffy and Hellboy, coordinating new ventures and making digital work.

Full article here.

As a fan of Comics Greatest World this is the one sentence I was hoping for:
    But there is a lot of other stuff. We recently brought back "Ghost." We've got other Dark Horse superheroes coming.
    So plans beyond X coming in December from CGW?!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Pretty good interview, but I'm not sure I wholly agree with Scott Allie.

Firstly, the Mass Effect comics - from what I've read - were really not all that good. The art was little better than '90s Marvel at best, and the writing wasn't particularly great either. They sold because, well, they had the Mass Effect name. Same goes for the post-OSC (what an absolutely stupid choice for BioWare/EA to make) Dragon Age comics - they're selling on the brand, not the quality. BioWare has a very loyal fanbase, and they're picking up those titles.

As for the app? It's plagued with issues, IMHO. It performs slowly, updates have done nothing to rectify any issues with it so it's still slow and not particularly reliable. Well, I say that but I've not tried the most recent update from this week - but for a long while I had issues with it. I would love for Dark Horse to at least put their key titles on ComiXology, as it'd do nothing but benefit both of them. Archie do the same - they have their own store with iVerse, they're on Comics+ but also have a wide selection on ComiXology. Mind you, I would say Dark Horse has the best browser reader for comics.

But this is, definitely, a deserved promotion for him. His work on the Mignola titles has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    As a fan of Comics Greatest World this is the one sentence I was hoping for:

So plans beyond X coming in December from CGW?!
    Well, it certainly sounds like other members of the Comic's Greatest World might show up at some point. December? Don't know about that. I also don't know it they plan on making it a genuine universe rather than simply using the characters entirely separately.
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

BANNED

Who was DH EIC prior to Allie?