Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm pre-ordering the first 3 issues tonight and I'm also buying a panini reprint with academy in it xD
    I'm asking for the subscription to this as a birthday gift. ^.^ I just can't resist.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by lancez45 View Post
    To all the people that are jumping to a conclusion about this book, I would like to show you a movie synopsis from TV Guide.

“A girl far from home kills the first person she meets and then joins up with three strangers to kill again.”

This is talking about The Wizard of OZ but marketing put a different spin on it. So there is a chance they are just messing with people about the body count.
    Unless they have been horribly lying in itnerviews, they have made it pretty clear that a good number of the characters will die. It would be nice if they were bsing us all this time, but I severely doubt it.

I've seen some people mention that this was originally intended only to be an arc. Where have people heard that from?
    Last edited by Eivion; 11-12-2012 at 09:54 PM.

I doubt this will be a blood full slasher. Honestly, there won't be much deaths, there will be death but not the whole book
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eivion View Post
    Unless they have been horribly lying in itnerviews, they have made it pretty clear that a good number of the characters will die. It would be nice if they were bsing us all this time, but I severely doubt it.

I've seen some people mention that this was originally intended only to be an arc. Where have people heard that from?
    A couple of interviews. This one has some stuff http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41232
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I'm asking for the subscription to this as a birthday gift. ^.^ I just can't resist.
    xD Hope you enjoy.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I doubt this will be a blood full slasher. Honestly, there won't be much deaths, there will be death but not the whole book
    I don't know why more people don't get this ,After beginning spurt of deaths the deaths will be drawn out,It is only way the book can be ongoing.Two or Three die in the first book then over next couple books i would say one person dies every 5 to 7 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    I don't know why more people don't get this ,After beginning spurt of deaths the deaths will be drawn out,It is only way the book can be ongoing.Two or Three die in the first book then over next couple books i would say one person dies every 5 to 7 issues
    Yes, this is also about survival

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Speaking as a Stephanie Brown fan, the community most renowned for whining and with a senior editor making them worse than dead...
    I find all the people whining hilarious. A book with a premise that is sure well-worn, even overused, but barely used compared to every freaking superhero scenario ever in comicdom, with a great creative team and characters that can develop, fight, fuck, whatever because they are likely going to die, and are generally not sacred cows. Cows that are not sacred are cool and all but die for delicious meat after giving us delicious milk, from which cheese and butter and stuff can be made. Other cows can make cream, which is very nice as an addition. I'm nearly as psyched for this book as I am for this delicious metaphor I created for it.

That was a total Mindf###K! Thankyou for that, Vampiric.

I really do think that X-23 and Hazmat probably just found each other and X-23 probably found out where Arcade was and they were on the way to take him out when the girls fell for a trigger scent trap. Most likely something that X-23 stabbed. Since the AA kids don't know about the trigger scent, I'm sure X-23 pleaded with Hazamt to get out of dodge. Hazmat probably didn't buy it until that first stab.

As for Armory and Deathlochet being one of the same. Pretty good continuity if true.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    That was a total Mindf###K! Thankyou for that, Vampiric.

I really do think that X-23 and Hazmat probably just found each other and X-23 probably found out where Arcade was and they were on the way to take him out when the girls fell for a trigger scent trap. Most likely something that X-23 stabbed. Since the AA kids don't know about the trigger scent, I'm sure X-23 pleaded with Hazamt to get out of dodge. Hazmat probably didn't buy it until that first stab.

As for Armory and Deathlochet being one of the same. Pretty good continuity if true.
    I go time for that sort of post. Stephanie Brown isn't coming back anytime soon.
    Armory and Deathlocket... interesting. I have no idea who Armory is. Which is the glory of this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    This. The main limiting feature on killing is time and emotional involvement: this book only has a couple of years of both, and a lot of people to kill. Perhaps everyone once in a while there is massive kill spree, but that can't happen more than about twice. Once maybe 10 issues in, and maybe at the conclusion, the last 3 issues. And it sounds like the first few issues feature the degredation of the characters until they kill each other, so maybe the killing might not start until 3-5. Lord of the Flies didn't have any deliberate murder until the beginning of the end; for characters, being in the position in which they willingly kill is an important and intriguing journey.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

What I don't get though is how this is a ongoing. Surely it can't last.

What I don't get though is how this is a ongoing. Surely it can't last.
    I don't get how you've got 4k posts and none of them are longer than a Tweet. aces pulls it off on the x-boards, somehow...
    The thing about limited series is that the length is fixed. It's the definition. So things can't warp or extend without compromising other aspects, if the story is fully plotted yet more things are becoming important. Read 52 - it's amazing. And see that if it had had more issues, then you wouldn't have had 3 massive TPBs of awesome and 1 massive one tying as much up as there was space. Thus, ongoings are generally preferable for things where the story is not set in stone - adding or cutting an issue of an event could require line-wide rewritings of minutiae to try appease CBR and editorial. Sales or other factors could mean this lasts 5 issues or it could sell fine up to 50. Making it a 25 issue maxi-series would be a constraint either way.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    I don't get how you've got 4k posts and none of them are longer than a Tweet. aces pulls it off on the x-boards, somehow...
    The thing about limited series is that the length is fixed. It's the definition. So things can't warp or extend without compromising other aspects, if the story is fully plotted yet more things are becoming important. Read 52 - it's amazing. And see that if it had had more issues, then you wouldn't have had 3 massive TPBs of awesome and 1 massive one tying as much up as there was space. Thus, ongoings are generally preferable for things where the story is not set in stone - adding or cutting an issue of an event could require line-wide rewritings of minutiae to try appease CBR and editorial. Sales or other factors could mean this lasts 5 issues or it could sell fine up to 50. Making it a 25 issue maxi-series would be a constraint either way.
    I guess I just don't have much to say. I hope this isn't in continuity though. I really do.

Looking at the covers again...
    I think an issue contains 2 days each having 1 big fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Looking at the covers again...
    I think an issue contains 2 days each having 1 big fight.
    I hope each issue isn't quite so formulaic. O.o
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

I find it hard to believe that Wolverine won't immediately be like "Where's Laura (X-23)?" and use his awesome tracking skills and many magical and psychic friends that could likely easily find her and Arcade, especially with the use of Cerebra, and find and kill him, freeing the kids and ending it quickly.