View Poll Results: Do you want a Wildcats title as part of Wave 4?

Voters
38. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes!

18 47.37%
  • No!

12 31.58%
  • Maybe...

6 15.79%
  • What's a Wildcat?

2 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you want a Wildcats title as part of Wave 4?

So we know so far that Justice League of America is on the next wave of titles. Voodoo is gone and Grifter's title seems to be on thin ice so do you think DC will take the plunge and cancel Grifter, then fold him and Voodoo into a Wildcats title? Less than a week until NYCC and we'll find out for sure.
    Wildstorm Addiction Podcast-News, reviews, & creator interviews

BANNED

Depends on the creative team, obviously. I'd rather they do something that builds up the "corporate superhero" WildCATS 3.0 style than the generic action book that Grifter has been so far.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grifter78 View Post
    So we know so far that Justice League of America is on the next wave of titles. Voodoo is gone and Grifter's title seems to be on thin ice so do you think DC will take the plunge and cancel Grifter, then fold him and Voodoo into a Wildcats title? Less than a week until NYCC and we'll find out for sure.
    Pretty sure this is already happening. Voodoo is being placed on Grifter's title as well, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Depends on the creative team, obviously. I'd rather they do something that builds up the "corporate superhero" WildCATS 3.0 style than the generic action book that Grifter has been so far.
    I agree. Wildcats 3.0 was definitely the strongest the title ever was so I hope they draw from that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    Pretty sure this is already happening. Voodoo is being placed on Grifter's title as well, I believe.
    Yes, Voodoo is in Grifter's title, but they haven't announced if they're cancelling Grifter's title and moving both characters to a Wildcats title but it's something people have been speculating.

Considering the titles announced so far for 2013, I'm not sure if another team book would be as likely.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No.

What I want is to see Wildcats 3.0 finished.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Considering the titles announced so far for 2013, I'm not sure if another team book would be as likely.
    WildCATS won't happen until Lee is able to draw it.

Grifter has already been cancelled. I tried to like it but that's what you get for putting Liefeld on it. As much as I want WildCATS Lee won't allow anyone else on it and he'll be on Man of Steel for the foreseeable future.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Chew, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Saga, Stormwatch, Wonder Woman

No, but that's only because JLA will draw a lot of attention from a Wildcats relaunch.

Maybe Wave 5.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I did this thread before NYCC so yeah, we won't be hearing anything about this for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    No.
    What I want is to see Wildcats 3.0 finished.
    Unfortunately, that'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy831 View Post
    Grifter has already been cancelled. I tried to like it but that's what you get for putting Liefeld on it. As much as I want WildCATS Lee won't allow anyone else on it and he'll be on Man of Steel for the foreseeable future.
    That's true. And Lee said at NYCC Wildcats is reserved just for him so we won't be seeing it until later.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    No, but that's only because JLA will draw a lot of attention from a Wildcats relaunch.
    Maybe Wave 5.
    We won't see anything now until Lee finishes with Man of Steel, which is fine with me as long as he is the artist for a Wildcats book.

BANNED

Lee will probably be on MoS for a year (even if it's not all 12 issues, which it won't obviously). I imagine if WildCATS happen, they'll hype it up and put some kind of event behind it's launch.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

It's also 3.0 or the highway for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    It's also 3.0 or the highway for me.
    Yeah, I think any new Wildcats book from now until eternity is going to suffer in comparison to Joe Casey's run on 2.0 and 3.0.

They can't go back and do a continuation; that ship has sailed. So... I don't know. I voted maybe.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Count me in as another "as long as it's 3.0/Casey style." ...though I voted "no", b/c I know that wouldn't be the case. =\
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison