Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Dial H, #5

Things come to a head in "Dial H" #5 as our heroes band together to fight Abyss and repair their dial.

Full review here.

How does this substantially differ from the original Dial H for Hero series? Your review makes the book alluring but you don't really state where this takes off in a new direction or otherwise is more successful than the original series.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    How does this substantially differ from the original Dial H for Hero series? Your review makes the book alluring but you don't really state where this takes off in a new direction or otherwise is more successful than the original series.
    Thanks
    Where the original was essentially innocent children's wish-fulfilment, this one is dark, adult-targeted "weird fantasy". It's essentially a Vertigo book by any other name.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Thanks
    Um... why would the review do that at this late date? That might have been appropriate for the first issue, but this is #5.

As far as the review is concerned, I can see why the comic gets good grades, but it's on the bottom edge of my pull list. I like the ties to the second Dial H series (running in Adventure Comics), but I'm not fond of the art or the characters. The story is just barely interesting enough to keep me going, and that's probably not going to be enough when the new artist takes over.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Sad that CBR did not review #6, the best issue of the series so far IMHO.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/