Page 2 of 241 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Until Dwight Howard learns to hit a free throw, I'd say its a wash between him and Bynum.

I'm also wondering how long will it be before its all out war between Dwight and Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Until Dwight Howard learns to hit a free throw, I'd say its a wash between him and Bynum.

I'm also wondering how long will it be before its all out war between Dwight and Kobe.
    Hopefully at end of pre-season. Or Nash and Kobe will feud. So delicious.

If Miami carries what they learned in the post season over to this season I don't see anyone in the East being more than a speed bump for them, West is a bit more fun, OKC and Lakers could both make it, Clippers looked to have actually improved(shocking I know) and Denver keeps getting better, so it'll be fun. I'm going to predict the Spurs and Celtics finally succumb to age again based on the theory that if I keep on doing it I'll eventually be right. Hornets will be fun to watch.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Lol Dwight just has to wait Kobe out.

Still should be fun.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Portland fans are cautiously optimistic. New coach, new point guard, let's see what they can do.

Go Blazers!
    --
    Rob Allen

Care for a Jelly Baby? InSovietRussia's Avatar

I'm feeling oddly ambivalent about the upcoming season. Compared to baseball and especially the NFL, the NBA suffers from a lack of parity. I'd love to see a dark horse team like Denver end up competing for the title, but chances of that are almost. Watching the same old contenders go at it over and over again gets old quick, skilled though they may be.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ha ha ...true very true. Because everyone knows the road for the NBA championship is clearly going through Charlotte as the Bobcats will dominate this year ! DOOOOOMIIINAAAATE....
    Let's see if they actually win 15 games this year.

You know... ten years ago, or fifteen years ago more rightfully, if you actually spoke against the entity that was Michael Jordan, you were either dubbed a "hater" or a Knicks fan. Today, you can now make a legitimate argument against him (from a business perspective) and people will agree with you. Though, it still bugs me that the last time I was at a barber shop, the guys running the place said that MJ could do whatever he wanted just because he was MJ. The aura is gone. Air Jordan has proved he's a total boob in the front office.

Still... he's better than Isiah Thomas. Now that dude killed a league that was crippled in large part due to over-expansion and recently failed to promote any interest at a Miami university (granted, it was Florida International, but still).
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Just remember Isiah is probably coming back to the Knicks. Dolan wants to hire him again.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...e-bryant-enemy

I don't remember those years too much. I remember thinking "Kobe got his wish; he shoots too much, we know his teammates aren't good, but he's still shooting too much; they traded away Caron Butler for Kwame Brown? Seriously?"

We didn't talk much about this. There's not much there other than Kobe is an ass apparently. A few interesting bits of information.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...e-bryant-enemy

I don't remember those years too much. I remember thinking "Kobe got his wish; he shoots too much, we know his teammates aren't good, but he's still shooting too much; they traded away Caron Butler for Kwame Brown? Seriously?"

We didn't talk much about this. There's not much there other than Kobe is an ass apparently. A few interesting bits of information.
    I guess it shows JUST how much of an @$$ Kobe actually is, I suppose(if the rape charge wasn't a hint).

Smush has a real good point tho.

Why is his name still on Kobe lips after all this time? Squash that ish and keep it moving.

The Celtics just added Barbosa. Their backcourt is ridiculous.

I guess it shows JUST how much of an @$$ Kobe actually is, I suppose(if the rape charge wasn't a hint).

Why is his name still on Kobe lips after all this time? Squash that ish and keep it moving.
    I am the last person to defend Kobe, but MJ himself went after people during his Hall of Fame speech. Shaq did it just a few weeks ago against Dwight Howard. It's a bit weird we don't hear about these things more often.

Elder Member

I laughed my ass off when I heard Kobe's quote, because he's right. Smush Parker was lucky to even cash just one NBA paycheck, let alone all the ones he did. He should just say thanks and keep walking. And the Lakers didn't trade Caron Butler to appease Kobe's ego. Kobe and Butler were friends who liked playing together. They even trained and worked out together, something Kobe didn't do with any of his other teammates. They traded Butler because they needed a C and butler was one of the few tradable commodities they had. It was just another business decision in the NBA.

Kobe is an arrogant egomaniac, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    My stone-cold lock of the century....this week is:

Hats off to the old guard : LAKE SHOW over CELTS
    Nash finally wins one and Kobe matches MJ in jewelry. Oh and a little fella named Dwight gets it going just in time for the playoff run.

Thunder and Heat both epically fall in playoffs as shortcomings exposed (problems inside for Miami and shot happy OKC forgets to play D or pass the ball, yeah I am looking at you Westbrook.)

And 50 wins for....Ballin' N'awlins
    Kids everywhere feverishly grown in their Unibrows

Im fine with anyone winning except Lakers and Heats. Either way im screwed, those two teams have stacked up their teams to win.

Hoping for a hail mary, the east and west is looking weak challenging wise. Its only Thunders who look to compete for the title other than those two. Dallas?, San Antonio getting older. Boston only have KG and Rondo. Whats after that?
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by InSovietRussia View Post
    I'm feeling oddly ambivalent about the upcoming season. Compared to baseball and especially the NFL, the NBA suffers from a lack of parity. I'd love to see a dark horse team like Denver end up competing for the title, but chances of that are almost. Watching the same old contenders go at it over and over again gets old quick, skilled though they may be.
    I come to follow NBA because there were no 3 super star teams or a team with many top players because trade,cap system. Soccer in Europe have been damaged by teams buying the best players in one or two teams.

Now it looks only Miami can win the title other than Lakers. Solid challenges are not as many as before. Too old or too young teams.

I hate when teams win title like Boston and Dallas and trade away all players after that.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk