Page 17 of 241 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily bet on Amare starting when he comes back, at least not right awat. Supposedly he won't be ready until sometime around Christmas. If the Knicks are still rolling by then, I would be a bit surprised if Woodson risked upsetting the apple cart by just handing Amare the starting job.
    The thing if Amare dont except the Bench he will only hurt the current Knicks who has second best offense and much better defense numbers than last year. Carmelo is playing well scoring,defense as PF and Brewer add more defense than Amare. Bench a defensive player and they wont win much games with scoring as usual but with weaker defense in starting 5.

Woodson must use Amare as bench scoring because they need Kidd/Brewer/Chandler combo for defense. They cant have more offense players than defense. You cant have bad Rebounds number as they do and bench defensive players. Their lack of rebounds cant afford weaker defense.

Will be interesting if Woodson can keep their team defense because they have always been able to score alot.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I think Bynum needs to sign in Phoenix in the off-season. They might be the only team in the league that can keep him healthy.

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

I really don't understand Phoenix's strategy. Being JUST good enough to maybe get a #7 seed while having no upside for the future seems pretty odd to me. Dragic's signing made sense, as he's a long term solution at the 1 and maybe even Scola is a long term solution at the 4, but Beasley? Jermaine O'Neal? Re-signing Shannon Brown? Just rebuild, Phoenix!

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    I really don't understand Phoenix's strategy. Being JUST good enough to maybe get a #7 seed while having no upside for the future seems pretty odd to me. Dragic's signing made sense, as he's a long term solution at the 1 and maybe even Scola is a long term solution at the 4, but Beasley? Jermaine O'Neal? Re-signing Shannon Brown? Just rebuild, Phoenix!

-Brian
    It's not that surprising, really. Teams coming off a sustained period of several years of success are generally pretty reluctant to intentionally sink immediately to the bottom and start rebuilding from scratch. It happened to Boston after Bird retired and Reggie Lewis died, The Pistons went through it after the Bad boys and again after the 2004 title team finally atrophied. The Knicks were mired in it for more than a decade after Ewing was gone. It's like someone who's just gotten divorced after 20 years of marriage to their high school sweetheart: it takes a while to build up the courage to jump back into dating. It's easy advice to give, but when you haven't done it for a long while, the prospect can be pretty daunting, if not downright scary.

Plus, every playoff game is extra revenue in the coffers, so even a first round out has positive impact on the balance sheet (and their roster moves the last couple of years making it pretty clear that they're keeping a close eye on the botom line). Honestly, if the Suns management had the stones to dive headlong into a full rebuild, then they would have dealt Nash a couple of years ago instead of continuing to milk him for box office gate by peddling the increasingly false hope of being good enough to remain relevant.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-18-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Kevin Love back for the T-Wolves.

The Bynum trade really looks to be biting the 76ers in the ass right now, he's out indefinitely now.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

I love the New York media. I know the weed in Cali is good, but its not enough to trade Gasol fo Amare. You trade Gasol for needs not for "star power"

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I love the New York media. I know the weed in Cali is good, but its not enough to trade Gasol fo Amare. You trade Gasol for needs not for "star power"
    please let them get rid of Amare....Id take equipment and concessions stand food for Amare

and did anyone see Charlotte get embarrassed last night? OKC was up 82-29 at one point
    Support your local roller derby league

Elder Member

If the Lakers made that deal it wouldn't be for star power. It would be because Amare (if he's healthy, which he never is) is a better fit in D'Antoni's system than Gasol is. The bigger problem (aside from the fact that Amare never plays) would be how well Amare meshed with Howard. I'm betting not well. And, really, aside from the 18 foot jumpers, there's no reason they can't use Howard to do most of what Amare did in D'Antoni's system.

I'm thinking things are going to get ugly out in LA.

Fascinating, issn't it?

It is not really a problem or a controversy at all but the NY media has to make it one.

Right now the Knicks are getting 15 minutes (about) from Rahsheed. Nobody saw that coming.

When Amare comes back he will at absolute worst
    take Novak's minutes. Novak is even worse at D than Stat. So it would be a net gain.

Its a great problem to have. But the N.Y. media has too much hatred toward Dolan and Company to say so.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 11-27-2012 at 10:31 PM.

You can hate Amare all you want but as was abundantly clear in the Nets game Anthony desperately needs some dependable offensive help, especially in games when he's passing the 40 minute mark.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-27-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Elder Member

Problem is, Amare hasn't been particularly reliable since Melo rolled into town.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-28-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Problem is, Amare hasn't bee p[particularly reliable since Melo rolled into town.
    No, he hasn't. If anything, Amar'e has slacked off and wanted to let Carmelo do everything.

Even with Kobe scoring 40 points while dealing with the flu, the Lakers still lose to the Pacers. I'm not criticizing because this is the second year in a row we've beaten them at the Staples Center, but you would still think that the rest of the Lakers could score more than 37 points combined.

Then again, it was a battle of the two most disappointing teams so far this season.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Amare is lost when Carmelo is on the floor. This is in addition to that he has lost a lot of confidence after fans chanting MVP to his start in 2010, and then when Carmelo got there, they went into the tank. He's also gotten worse and worse health as well as NY fans backing Carmelo more and more.

It'd make sense for NY to trade Amare for some smaller but more reliable pieces, but I don't know who would fit in NY and what salary considerations there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    You can hate Amare all you want but as was abundantly clear in the Nets game Anthony desperately needs some dependable offensive help, especially in games when he's passing the 40 minute mark.
    Nah i saw that game live as my first League pass NBA tv game and Fenton was horrible in overtime,fourt quarters by shooting jumpers and not giving Carmelo the ball. Steve Kerr said it well they needed Kidd passing,skills to make plays for Melo.

They didnt need another player shooting jumpers. Woodson weakness is there is too much iso plays for Carmelo where there is no passing but depending too much on Carmelo.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk