Page 96 of 241 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3615

I was too busy watching Game of Thrones to cheer for the Lakers' sweep.

Elder Member

As awful as McGee's been in this series, Karl's decision to start Fareid at C and have Wilson Chandler guard Bogut is a head-scratcher. It might be time to take out the Dirt Devil and shake some of the dust off Timofey Mozgov, because Bogut is doing pretty much whatever he wants in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    I guess GOT is your Achilles Heel.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

I didn't see the game at all, but I heard the Lakers were giving out white towels to cheer with.

Really? Really!? REALLY? REALLY?!

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    As awful as McGee's been in this series, Karl's decision to start Fareid at C and have Wilson Chandler guard Bogut is a head-scratcher. It might be time to take out the Dirt Devil and shake some of the dust off Timofey Mozgov, because Bogut is doing pretty much whatever he wants in the paint.
    Jackson has outcoached Karl this series pretty badly.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Elder Member

I didn't see the game at all, but I heard the Lakers were giving out white towels to cheer with.

Well, they forgot to give Howard one. And he could have used it, because he surrendered pretty early.

BANNED

Well there's always next year...

Nobody Likes Me

couldn't believe it myself when i read about that, but actually couldn't think of a more fitting gift to describe this series from the Lakers POV. Throw in the towel.

BANNED

Idk where Howard is health wighs but he was rather worthless this playoff season.

Lol I got to watch both although shame I started watching too late to see Coward get ejected.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

There are numerous ways to handle the off-season of the Lakers. The best way is to re-sign Howard, trade Gasol, amnesty Kobe, sign/re-sign some of the bench players from this year for 1 or 2 year deals. Howard is still a good player, even if he'll never reach elite or near elite center level. Gasol is a good player, but he's getting older (he's 33 by in July) with one year on his contract (19.2 mil). That contract will be very attractive to many teams because its short length with the added bonus of having a great power forward. Houston may still be interested, but it's hard to say who would be interested in Gasol at this time.

Trading Steve Nash (9.3 mil and 9.7 mil) would be high on my book. Toronto might still be interested in him, even if he has a two year contract. Maybe the Lakers can get Kyle Lowry (team option 6.21 mil) and Landry Fields (5.22 mil, and 8.5 mil). The idea is to dump Nash's contract and get young but flexible as well with short contracts. Lakers need a good PG to go with Howard. Lowry can fill the void for the time being. This is an area of major need for the Lakers. There are options, but none that I really like Jennings and Ellis. Ideally I would have liked Bledsold, Holliday, or Wall, but they are not available yet, and most likely they will sign extensions.

Amnesty Kobe. He's not coming back in time for the Playoffs next year most likely. If it wasn't for the fact the Lakers are over the luxury tax, but are not repeat offenders yet, I'd keep Kobe and just wait for it to out and hopes he retires. If he doesn't retire...then he can play for somebody else. I know this will probably never happen, but this is the best way to handle the off-season. The Lakers have made hard decisions like this before, although not to this level. Generally they've been able to get the best result (that player retires before he's a total embarrassment).

I have no idea who would want Metta World Peace, but I hope I can trade him. He has a player option for 13/14 for 7.7 mil. Not too bad, but he's not a productive player anymore and is getting old (he's 34 middle of next season).

Having Howard holding down the fort for one year is doable. 2014 is a big year for free agents (but not LeBron, he's not coming to LA). As for 2013, Josh Smith would be great for LA and with Howard, but the two of them would tie up salaries for a while, and signing a top PG as a free agent is probably not likely if Smith signs (he's going for the max, and is likely to get it). The other route is to keep Howard (for max), get Smith (for max), and sign a good PG for as much as possible. Bledsold, Teague, Collison might work in this spot. OJ Mayo is worth looking at as well, but he has a player option for next year, so he's opting out and trying to get paid. His player option is 4.2 mil, so he's probably need at least 7+ mil along with 3+ years unless there's no market for him (I think he can get 3 years/8 mil). For the time being though, PG is the key. I'd go with a cheap SF and SG for the time being, and there are plenty of those available for role-players duty (Redick, Corey Brewer, Ronnie Brewer, Roger Mason, etc). Avoid Eric Gordon. He has injury issues and possibly attitude issues.

This draft is actually pretty good for point guards. Might want to try to move up in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    This draft is actually pretty good for point guards. Might want to try to move up in the draft.
    That's probably not going to happen. The NBA's contracts and salaries usually doesn't allow for something like that. It would require a team to get a lucky high draft pick while at the same time needing only one piece to put them over the top. The Bobcats for example, are probably not going to trade their draft pick for Pau for 1 year at age 33 (although with MJ in charge, who the fuck knows what they are going to do). Portland is more in the position to think about something like this, but Gasol and Alridge play the same position and the same style, so it wouldn't be a great fit.

True that Lakers are headed for an Age of Mediocrity.

Nobody Likes Me

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    True that Lakers are headed for an Age of Mediocrity.
    afaik it only looks bleak for the upcoming season, not much room to improve with being over the cap and all, but in 2014 a lot of contracts come off the books, including Kobe's monster contract, so i expect a mayor overhaul of the rooster in two years time.