Page 38 of 241 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Murphy View Post
    Well, it sounds like you need to accept reality
    Sounds to me like you need to learn the difference between "reality" and your opinion. They can be two vastly different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Murphy View Post
    Jackson is a worse hall of fame candidate than guys like Cheeks, KJ, Price and Hardaway and they certainly won't get in. He was good for a few years, mediocre to above average for a lot of years and surreptitiously became an all-time leader in a major category. Maybe in five years, the Hall of Fame sentiment may change with the recency factor of being the head coach of the Golden State Warriors.
    And as I've already said, more than once, I wouldn't be the least surprised if Jackson didn't make it in, so your relentless hammering of why he doesn't deserve to get in fails to make any real impact on my previous comments.
    Last edited by kalorama; 01-15-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well (A) that wasn't my "thesis" and (B) it's not really that interesting, actually.
    Hence, the sarcasm.

Lebron needs 18 points tonight to become the youngest player in NBA history to get 20,000 points

edit: He's also 2 assists away from breaking 5,000 assists, which will make him the 12th player in NBA history to bank 20k points, 5k assists, and 5k rebounds(which he reached in November).
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-16-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Lebron needs 18 points tonight to become the youngest player in NBA history to get 20,000 points

edit: He's also 2 assists away from breaking 5,000 assists, which will make him the 12th player in NBA history to bank 20k points, 5k assists, and 5k rebounds(which he reached in November).
    The only thing surprising about those numbers and special is the 5k assists. The 20k scoring and the rebounds is expected from a player of his level, position.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Just finished watching Miami at LA Lakers.

Great game. Lakers were solid, but they could NOT get the ball where they wanted or needed. Miami literally clamped down on all passing lanes and prevented Howard and Gasol from getting the ball on the block. At various points, Nash was backed up all the way to mid-court, and Howard/Gasol had to come all the way out there to set a pick or provide an outlet pass because Miami's defense was so active. It was like watching the 1st seed in the NCAA tournament going up against the 64th team, and the 64th team could not bring up the ball.

LeBron...what can I say. He was brilliant. Wade had a great game. Bosh was terrible. The bench hit enough shots and played championship level defense to lock down the Lakers. If it wasn't that Miami couldn't hit any 3's (they made like 4 out of 22), the game would have been a blowout. I think the Lakers committed 24+ turnovers from Miami's relentless defense.

Dwight needs to work on his free throws.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Howard's free throws aren't likely to magically improve mid season so people need to just accept them, he'll at least make up for them on the boards. And its not like several teams don't have to deal with big men who can't shoot free throws. Hell the Clippers have two of them. The real problem is he only had 7 shots, and that's completely due to Miami's defense. They locked down Nash all night long and taking him out just KILLS their ball movement.

And honestly if Miami's 3 shooting weren't ice cold the entire game that game would have been a double digit blow out.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-17-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

Phoenix Suns fires Alvin Gentry
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...h-alvin-gentry

This is why I support the players in the labor dispute. As much as they can be spoiled brats, I HATE the fact that owners and GMs who make terrible decisions in drafting and signing players, and then cry to themselves on why they aren't making money, and then demanding their representative, NBA commissioner David Stern, fix things with a lockout and demand a bigger pie. Robert Sarver had repeated FUCKED OVER his own team with bad decisions trying to save a few million here and there.

My favorite example was this:
    Kurt Thomas, first round picks in ’08 and ’10 to Seattle for a second round pick.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2943588

I tried to post reports and analysts from Bleacher Report before but some formatting issues screws up the links. Hopefully these will post properly:

http://bleacher*report.com/articles/...ey-not-winning

http://bleacher*report.com/articles/...elos-have-left

Remove the * from bleacher and report, and the link should work. Something about that combo of letters screws up the direct link.

And note the dates these were published...2008 and 2009.
    Last edited by BYC; 01-18-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Sounds to me like you need to learn the difference between "reality" and your opinion. They can be two vastly different things.
    The reality is Mark Jackson is not on the ballot for the Basketball Hall of Fame because he hasn't gotten a vote in the past three years. And thatr reality says you don't become a hall of famer with a long, mostly barely above average career and decent team accomplishments (mostly as a bit player).

What part of that are you having problems processing? Take the L and move on.
    Last edited by Mic Murphy; 01-20-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Anderson Varejao's out for the rest of the season with a blood clot(he'll be on blood thinners which he isn't allowed to play on)
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

I'm a Lakers fan but I have to admit, I relish seeing Kobe suffer like this. He is not elevating the players around him and all the scowls and growls won't make the team play better. And hiring D'antoni was such a huge mistake. The odds aren't looking good they are going to keep Howard and he's not do that great either. I'll be so glad when I can have a Lakers team to root for again.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

I think there's a chance that Kobe might shut it down late in the year if they aren't in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    I think there's a chance that Kobe might shut it down late in the year if they aren't in contention.
    Kobe's version of shutting it down is going for the scoring title, which I honestly wouldnt blame him. Seriously, how many titles does this guy have to win before he stops being the blame for under acheiving players. This season is done for a ton of reasons. Injuries are riduculous and those that are playing are obbviously still hurt. Buss should have the huevos to blow this thing up for next year. Trade Howard to Chicago or Brooklyn. Let Gasol reunite with Rubio. Get a better bench and get one star in return. LA can create it own stars by actually winning games.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Kobe's version of shutting it down is going for the scoring title, which I honestly wouldnt blame him. Seriously, how many titles does this guy have to win before he stops being the blame for under acheiving players. This season is done for a ton of reasons. Injuries are riduculous and those that are playing are obbviously still hurt. Buss should have the huevos to blow this thing up for next year. Trade Howard to Chicago or Brooklyn. Let Gasol reunite with Rubio. Get a better bench and get one star in return. LA can create it own stars by actually winning games.
    Time to blow up everything. Fire D'Antoni, trade Gasol, fire D'Antoni, let Nash and Kobe retire, fire D'Antoni, clear the salary cap, fire D'Antoni, and fire D'Antoni.

For once, I can't blame it on Kobe. This is almost completely Jim Buss or whoever is actually in charge's fault. They hired Mike Brown who can't coach offense, assembled a bad roster (except for Howard, that was the right move but we didn't know how Howard hasn't recovered from his injury yet), fired him 5 games in, replaced Brown with Mike D'Antoni, who can't coach defense and demands his old team run, trying to trade for over the hill players like Raja Bell, benching Pau Gasol because Gasol is a great low-post player but doesn't fit D'Antoni's system (which has never worked without Steve Nash), asking 17 year star Kobe Bryant to defend against their opponent's best SF, SG, or PG because Steve Nash can't guard anybody, and finally, not coaching any defense.

I'd be a depressed Lakers fan except they have 4 people I hate, including Kobe, Nash, Howard, and D'Antoni. Here's to a terrible season.

Well the Lakers can look forward to a decent draft pick this year. Maybe the class won't be as weak as its looking to be right now.
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11