Page 35 of 241 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

I say this as a lapsed Knicks fan, Carmelo needs to be suspended immediately

these are not the streets, this is not high school
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    On a different note: The list of nominees for the 2013 BBall HoF were released recently and, apparently, Mark Jackson's name was removed from the ballot after not receiving a single vote the previous three years. I find that hard to believe.
    I don't find it hard to believe. Mark Jackson was an above-average player who had a long career, which is the reason he ranks so high all time in assists. And while he was a very heady floor leader and ball distributor (he finished in the top 10 in assists 12 times), his weaknesses in other areas (namely, defense and offensive proficiency) typically placed him behind the premier point guards of his time.

However, with the recency factor of his coaching success in Golden State do not be surprised if he receives consideration from the Screening Committee five years from now.
    Last edited by Mic Murphy; 01-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Pretty sad, as for whose on the ballot I can't find the full 31 name ballot(and the finalists won't be announced till the all star game next month), but I'm fairly confident Gary Payton should get in.
    http://www.hoophall.com/news/2013/1/...-naismith.html

Gary Payton should be a first-ballot lock -- but then again, the Basketball Hall of Fame has made some rather odd voting decisions in the past and doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason (see Adrian Dantley and Artis Gilmore waiting for years to be inducted). And it's great to see Marques Johnson finally get his name on the board.
    Last edited by Mic Murphy; 01-08-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    No, that would be 2004 when the Lakers started Smush Parker and Rudy T resigned half-way into the season due to heart problems. Phil released the book saying Kobe was un-coachable, and then came back after Rudy left. They didn't make the playoffs that year.

Or 1992, when Magic announced he had HIV.
    Are you trying to get me to slice my wrist? Do I need to sell my soul to the devil for magical powers?..........:)

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I say this as a lapsed Knicks fan, Carmelo needs to be suspended immediately

these are not the streets, this is not high school
    Doesn't something actually have to happen for him to get suspended?

No words were exchanged, no blows were thrown. Ish was a nonevent.

I don't think he should be suspended, either. I also don't think Rondo deserved his latest suspension. Even though he has deserved all of his other suspensions, he shouldn't be suspended based on reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Doesn't something actually have to happen for him to get suspended?

No words were exchanged, no blows were thrown. Ish was a nonevent.
    it doesn't matter...it's about conducting yourself in a professional manner

a professional does not stand outside his opponents bus waiting for someone

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Murphy View Post
    I don't find it hard to believe. Mark Jackson was an above-average player who had a long career, which is the reason he ranks so high all time in assists. And while he was a very heady floor leader and ball distributor (he finished in the top 10 in assists 12 times), his weaknesses in other areas (namely, defense and offensive proficiency) typically placed him behind the premier point guards of his time.
    Joe Dumars (who is one of my all-time favorite players) was an above average player who had a long career but who ranked behind the premier players at his position. And he got in on the first ballot.

I'm not surprised that Jackson didn't get voted in. There are players with better overall career numbers and more career accomplishments who've had to wait longer than he has. Hell, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he doesn't get in. But to not get a single vote in 3 years of nomination? Yeah, that's hard to believe.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I don't think he should be suspended, either. I also don't think Rondo deserved his latest suspension. Even though he has deserved all of his other suspensions, he shouldn't be suspended based on reputation.
    He wasn't suspended based on his reputation. He was suspended for making contact with an official. It was an affirmative act that was caught on video. They didn't just suspend him for being Rajon Rondo (although that's an idea worth considering). It's not the first time a player has been penalized after a game for something that didn't draw a penalty during the game. The NFL does it all the time.

(Although Danny Ferry should be ashamed of himself for snitchin' like that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    it doesn't matter...it's about conducting yourself in a professional manner

a professional does not stand outside his opponents bus waiting for someone
    Did Zebo and Perkins get suspended for their incident a few months ago? If not, then Melo shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    He wasn't suspended based on his reputation. He was suspended for making contact with an official. It was an affirmative act that was caught on video. They didn't just suspend him for being Rajon Rondo (although that's an idea worth considering). It's not the first time a player has been penalized after a game for something that didn't draw a penalty during the game. The NFL does it all the time.

(Although Danny Ferry should be ashamed of himself for snitchin' like that.)
    The rule says "intentional contact," and it didn't look like intentional contact to me.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    The rule says "intentional contact," and it didn't look like intentional contact to me.
    Well, I guess it's too bad for Rondo that you don't work for the NBA committee that doles out punishments.

The only person who ever knows a person's intentions is that person. For everyone else, it's a matter of interpretation and opinion.

RUMORS: Kevin Garnett told Carmelo Anthony that his wife "tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios"

http://www.ibtimes.com/honey-nut-che...e-celtics-star

Reported by Black Sports Online.

Me: LOL. That probably would set me off too.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    RUMORS: Kevin Garnett told Carmelo Anthony that his wife "tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios"

http://www.ibtimes.com/honey-nut-che...e-celtics-star

Reported by Black Sports Online.

Me: LOL. That probably would set me off too.
    that's just some trash talk...it happens out on the court

Did anybody hear actually know that the Wizards defeated the Thunder last night? I didn't. I was busy watching WWE Raw and switching back to the National Championship game (the only college football game I watch all year).

5-28 baby!