Page 35 of 241 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 3615
  1. #511
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    I say this as a lapsed Knicks fan, Carmelo needs to be suspended immediately

    these are not the streets, this is not high school
    Support your local roller derby league

  2. #512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    On a different note: The list of nominees for the 2013 BBall HoF were released recently and, apparently, Mark Jackson's name was removed from the ballot after not receiving a single vote the previous three years. I find that hard to believe.
    I don't find it hard to believe. Mark Jackson was an above-average player who had a long career, which is the reason he ranks so high all time in assists. And while he was a very heady floor leader and ball distributor (he finished in the top 10 in assists 12 times), his weaknesses in other areas (namely, defense and offensive proficiency) typically placed him behind the premier point guards of his time.

    However, with the recency factor of his coaching success in Golden State do not be surprised if he receives consideration from the Screening Committee five years from now.
    Last edited by Mic Murphy; 01-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.

  3. #513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Pretty sad, as for whose on the ballot I can't find the full 31 name ballot(and the finalists won't be announced till the all star game next month), but I'm fairly confident Gary Payton should get in.
    http://www.hoophall.com/news/2013/1/...-naismith.html

    Gary Payton should be a first-ballot lock -- but then again, the Basketball Hall of Fame has made some rather odd voting decisions in the past and doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason (see Adrian Dantley and Artis Gilmore waiting for years to be inducted). And it's great to see Marques Johnson finally get his name on the board.
    Last edited by Mic Murphy; 01-08-2013 at 10:06 AM.

  4. #514
    Senior Member Huthaifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    No, that would be 2004 when the Lakers started Smush Parker and Rudy T resigned half-way into the season due to heart problems. Phil released the book saying Kobe was un-coachable, and then came back after Rudy left. They didn't make the playoffs that year.

    Or 1992, when Magic announced he had HIV.
    Are you trying to get me to slice my wrist? Do I need to sell my soul to the devil for magical powers?..........:)

  5. #515
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I say this as a lapsed Knicks fan, Carmelo needs to be suspended immediately

    these are not the streets, this is not high school
    Doesn't something actually have to happen for him to get suspended?

    No words were exchanged, no blows were thrown. Ish was a nonevent.

  6. #516
    Elder Member jesse_custer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    20,646

    Default

    I don't think he should be suspended, either. I also don't think Rondo deserved his latest suspension. Even though he has deserved all of his other suspensions, he shouldn't be suspended based on reputation.

  7. #517
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Doesn't something actually have to happen for him to get suspended?

    No words were exchanged, no blows were thrown. Ish was a nonevent.
    it doesn't matter...it's about conducting yourself in a professional manner

    a professional does not stand outside his opponents bus waiting for someone
    Support your local roller derby league

  8. #518
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mic Murphy View Post
    I don't find it hard to believe. Mark Jackson was an above-average player who had a long career, which is the reason he ranks so high all time in assists. And while he was a very heady floor leader and ball distributor (he finished in the top 10 in assists 12 times), his weaknesses in other areas (namely, defense and offensive proficiency) typically placed him behind the premier point guards of his time.
    Joe Dumars (who is one of my all-time favorite players) was an above average player who had a long career but who ranked behind the premier players at his position. And he got in on the first ballot.

    I'm not surprised that Jackson didn't get voted in. There are players with better overall career numbers and more career accomplishments who've had to wait longer than he has. Hell, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he doesn't get in. But to not get a single vote in 3 years of nomination? Yeah, that's hard to believe.

  9. #519
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I don't think he should be suspended, either. I also don't think Rondo deserved his latest suspension. Even though he has deserved all of his other suspensions, he shouldn't be suspended based on reputation.
    He wasn't suspended based on his reputation. He was suspended for making contact with an official. It was an affirmative act that was caught on video. They didn't just suspend him for being Rajon Rondo (although that's an idea worth considering). It's not the first time a player has been penalized after a game for something that didn't draw a penalty during the game. The NFL does it all the time.

    (Although Danny Ferry should be ashamed of himself for snitchin' like that.)

  10. #520
    The King is always around BYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    6,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    it doesn't matter...it's about conducting yourself in a professional manner

    a professional does not stand outside his opponents bus waiting for someone
    Did Zebo and Perkins get suspended for their incident a few months ago? If not, then Melo shouldn't either.

  11. #521
    Elder Member jesse_custer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    20,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    He wasn't suspended based on his reputation. He was suspended for making contact with an official. It was an affirmative act that was caught on video. They didn't just suspend him for being Rajon Rondo (although that's an idea worth considering). It's not the first time a player has been penalized after a game for something that didn't draw a penalty during the game. The NFL does it all the time.

    (Although Danny Ferry should be ashamed of himself for snitchin' like that.)
    The rule says "intentional contact," and it didn't look like intentional contact to me.

  12. #522
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    The rule says "intentional contact," and it didn't look like intentional contact to me.
    Well, I guess it's too bad for Rondo that you don't work for the NBA committee that doles out punishments.

    The only person who ever knows a person's intentions is that person. For everyone else, it's a matter of interpretation and opinion.

  13. #523
    The King is always around BYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    6,259

    Default

    RUMORS: Kevin Garnett told Carmelo Anthony that his wife "tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios"

    http://www.ibtimes.com/honey-nut-che...e-celtics-star

    Reported by Black Sports Online.


    Me: LOL. That probably would set me off too.

  14. #524
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    RUMORS: Kevin Garnett told Carmelo Anthony that his wife "tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios"

    http://www.ibtimes.com/honey-nut-che...e-celtics-star

    Reported by Black Sports Online.


    Me: LOL. That probably would set me off too.
    that's just some trash talk...it happens out on the court
    Support your local roller derby league

  15. #525
    The King is always around BYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    6,259

    Default

    Did anybody hear actually know that the Wizards defeated the Thunder last night? I didn't. I was busy watching WWE Raw and switching back to the National Championship game (the only college football game I watch all year).

    5-28 baby!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •